Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Loop and variable not exactly variable: what's wrong Post 302664681 by vbe on Saturday 30th of June 2012 07:21:19 AM
Old 06-30-2012
So youve got the logic right now ? Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

What wrong with the variable definition

i am using the below script and trying to move files in that directory in that pattern to archive. But it doesn;t seem to take the metacharacters. Please sugggest. Code Debug output: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable inside variable inside loop headache

Hi Gurus I have a file called /tmp/CMDB which looks like this serial: 0623AN1208 hostname: server1 model: x4100 assetID: 1234 I am writing a for loop that will go through this file line by line creating a variable of itself. Using the first iteration of the loop (i.e. the first line) as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to define a variable with variable definition is stored in a variable?

Hi all, I have a variable say var1 (output from somewhere, which I can't change)which store something like this: echo $var1 name=fred age=25 address="123 abc" password=pass1234 how can I make the variable $name, $age, $address and $password contain the info? I mean do this in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freddy1228
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with variable using loop

Hi I have webserver that I do read data from. Data are stored like this: Huston |1 Portland |2 Hazen |1 Minneapolis |4 Albany |1 Pittsburg |1 Albany |1 Huston |1 Portland|1 Hazen |2 Albany |2 Huston |1 Hazen |1 Script #!/bin/sh user="admin" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jotne
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SHELL: /bin/sh] For loop using variable variable names

Simple enough problem I think, I just can't seem to get it right. The below doesn't work as intended, it's just a function defined in a much larger script: CheckValues() { for field in \ Group_ID \ Group_Title \ Rule_ID \ Rule_Severity \ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vryali
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing variable with variable suffix through loop

I have a group of variables myLINEcnt1 - myLINEcnt10. I'm trying to printout the values using a for loop. I am at the head banging stage since i'm sure it has to be a basic syntax issue that i can't figure out. For myIPgrp in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10; do here i want to output the value of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array Variable being Assigned Values in Loop, But Gone when Loop Completes???

Hello All, Maybe I'm Missing something here but I have NOOO idea what the heck is going on with this....? I have a Variable that contains a PATTERN of what I'm considering "Illegal Characters". So what I'm doing is looping through a string containing some of these "Illegal Characters". Now... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong after assign it to a variable ?

root@intel_5500_server:/tmp# ID_GUEST="01:00.0" root@intel_5500_server:/tmp# echo $ID_GUEST|sed 's%:%\\:%g' 01\:00.0 root@intel_5500_server:/tmp# ID_GUEST_P=`echo $ID_GUEST|sed 's%:%\\:%g'` root@intel_5500_server:/tmp# echo $ID_GUEST_P 01:00.0 root@intel_5500_server:/tmp# if I assign... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to increment and add variable length numbers to a variable in a loop?

Hi All, I have a file which has hundred of records with fixed number of fields. In each record there is set of 8 characters which represent the duration of that activity. I want to sum up the duration present in all the records for a report. The problem is the duration changes per record so I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: danish0909
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing the value of a single query to a Variable - What am i doing wrong?

I tried the below : #!/bin/ksh testvar=$( sqlplus $user/$pass << EOF set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off heading off echo off; whenever sqlerror exit 1 SELECT 1+1 FROM DUAl; COMMIT; EXIT; EOF) echo "testvar="$testvar The output that I am getting is : > sh example.sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SriRamKrish
3 Replies
FORMED(1)						      General Commands Manual							 FORMED(1)

NAME
formed - formula editor for first-order logic formulas SYNOPSIS
formed [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the formed command. formed is a window-based program for constructing, displaying, and managing first-order logic formulas. The main motivation for construct- ing formed was the desire to have formulas displayed in a readable, two-dimensional format. Users of formed can make two kinds of transfor- mation on formulas: (1) logic transformations, such as negation normal form translation, which preserve the meaning of a formula, and (2) edit transformations, which can be used to make arbitrary changes, such as adding a hypothesis to a subformula. formed was written by using the X Window System, Version 11, and code from the theorem prover otter. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -l filename Load formulas in the specified file during startup. Formulas can also be loaded after startup with the button Load in the main menu. -f color Use the named color for the foreground on color monitors (ignored on black-and-white monitors). -b color Use the named color for the background on color monitors (ignored on black-and-white monitors). SEE ALSO
anldp(1), mace2(1), otter(1). ``FormEd: An X Window System application for managing first-order formulas'' (McCune et al.), available from http://www.osti.gov/energyci- tations/servlets/purl/6427100-WtOa4g/6427100.PDF AUTHOR
formed ws written by William McCune <otter@mcs.anl.gov> This manual page was written by Peter Collingbourne <pcc03@doc.ic.ac.uk>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). November 5, 2006 FORMED(1)