Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Handling inode on solaris 9
Operating Systems Solaris Handling inode on solaris 9 Post 302664605 by jlliagre on Saturday 30th of June 2012 02:37:52 AM
Old 06-30-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
Does find on Solaris support + ? I thought that was a GNU-only feature.
It was actually first implemented by David Korn in 1987 and was included in SVR4.0 / Solaris 2.0 which was jointly developed by AT&T and Sun Microsystems.

Gnu implemented it later and before that, was only supporting Dan Berstein's -print0 | xargs -0 alternative.
This User Gave Thanks to jlliagre For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

INode

hi i am nitin... jus a new kid on the block... my query is... does the concept of region invovle sharin of inodes wen the sticky it is set... eg... if two process share two text regions... wat actually happens thank u (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitinsharma_ssn
1 Replies

2. Solaris

about inode

how can i see inode table information of a perticler inode.anybody knows pls tell me. Than.Q (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag.mi2000
3 Replies

3. AIX

FS inode 58%

Hi Guys, I have this filesystem got big with inode: /dev/hd4 3670016 183664 95% 63705 58% /var I don't know why the system doesn't give alerts on this FS although it's 95% and why the inode is 58%. Any comments will be highly appreciated. Thanks, itik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

4. Solaris

How to increase Inode numbers in Solaris 10

Hi guys, need your help on this since i dont know much about solaris. the problem is i need to increase inodes space on /export/home/ root@BRF-DANCCM1 # /usr/ucb/df -i Filesystem iused ifree %iused Mounted on /dev/vx/dsk/bootdg/rootvol 53026 1162206 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ichiko
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Size of an inode in Solaris 10

Can anyone know what is the size of an inode in Solaris 10 :D? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naag20
5 Replies

6. Solaris

inode table in sun solaris

Hi, I would like to is it possible to repair inode table in solaris without running fsck? I am facing this issue in root file system, because to run fsck I have to bring system in single user mode with booting cdrom media. I facing strange issue in /var/adm/messages it is showing inode table... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
12 Replies

7. Solaris

inode in solaris

Dear, How can i check inode information in my Solaris box? With Regards, Mjoshi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjoshi87
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inode usage

Environment: O.S Version HP-UX B.11.31 U ia64 What is the recommended Inode free nodes? On our server Unix Sys Admin, have setup warning email alert when % of I-node usage is above or equal at 5%. Sample Email: --------------------------------------------------- Subject: WARNING:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Specify the inode of a file?

Is there any way to create a file on Solaris 10 (ZFS preferably, but UFS would be helpful as well) with a specific inode number? I need to create a file with a large inode, greater than a 32bit integer. I am trying to test a piece of software which may be incorrectly truncating large inodes down... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: unblockable
16 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Is orphan process handling by Solaris os and Linux os same?

In solaris, orphan process is put to sleep mode and does not consume any CPU resources. In Linux, orphan process is kept in running state consuming all CPU and Ram resources. Is it the case? Is there a difference on how these operating systems will handle orphan processes? The route cause of... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Belure Pooja B
10 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)