Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to get GMT Offset for a specific date? Post 302664573 by jim mcnamara on Friday 29th of June 2012 11:51:08 PM
Old 06-30-2012
Define offset - like -5 hours? or the time in EST? ... or EDT. You do realize that EST is always at a fixed offset from GMT.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

specific date on the log

Hi All, I have problem with my script grep error /var/adm/message* | grep $1 $2 > /tmp/error-adm$1$2 actually, i want to make the admin enter specific date like "Mar 10" how i can do that Thank you Ahmad (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahmad_one
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting unix date variable to gmt

Hi, I have a ksh script which extracts files from a directory in the following format, eg: 10288.Job.rescheduled.1154647335 I need to extract the unix timestamp (eg 1154647335) and convert it to dd-mm-yyyy. Can anyone suggest anything for this? thanks. :confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chilli
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me about gmt scripts

does somebody know GMT mapping? please reply (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SANGUINE
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

GMT to PST

I have a file which is tab delimited, it contains the GMT date. Please tell me how to convert from GMT to PST time and if the date and time is of 2 days ago from the current date store the lines in a file or else remove the line. 10.1.10.178 - - - 10.1.10.178 - - ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GMT to PST

99.60.97.205 - - GET /2009-03-29/world/impact.row.atlantic_1_rower-paul-ridley-cancer-research?_s=PM:WORLD HTTP/1.1 200 9386 www.abc.com Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_6; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.13 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/9.0.597.107 Safari/534.13 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Grep --byte-offset not returning the offset (Grep version 2.5.1)

Hi, I am trying to get the position of a repeated string in a line using grep -b -o "pattern" In my server I am using GNU grep version 2.14 and the code is working fine. However when I am deploying the same code in a different server which is using GNU grep version 2.5.1 the code is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subhamoy
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for a specific String in a log file for a specific date range

Hi, I have log file which rolls out every second which is as this. HttpGenRequest - -<!--OXi dbPublish--> <created="2014-03-24 23:45:37" lastMsgId="" requestTime="0.0333"> <response request="getOutcomeDetails" code="114" message="Request found no matching data" debug="" provider="undefined"/>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikprakash
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search specific string logfile specific date range

Hi, I have logfile like this.. === 2014-02-09 15:46:59,936 INFO RequestContext - URL: '/eyisp/sc/skins/EY/images/pickers/comboBoxPicker_Over.png', User-Agent: 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko': Unsupported with Accept-Encoding header === 2015-02-09... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishk
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Convert GMT date and time to CST

I need away to convert the following GMT date and time value RAW_TME= 042720171530 "mmddccyyhhmm" to Localhost time. In this case it is in central time. Here is what I came up with but it does not look efficient: RAW_TME=042720171530 logmm=`echo $RAW_TME | cut -c1-2` logdd=`echo $RAW_TME |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date: invalid date trying to set Linux date in specific format

i try to set linux date & time in specific format but it keep giving me error Example : date "+%d-%m-%C%y %H:%M:%S" -d "19-01-2017 00:05:01" or date +"%d-%m-%C%y %H:%M:%S" -d "19-01-2017 00:05:01" keep giving me this error : date: invalid date ‘19-01-2017 00:05:01' Please use CODE tags... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
7 Replies
zlacon.f(3)							      LAPACK							       zlacon.f(3)

NAME
zlacon.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine zlacon (N, V, X, EST, KASE) ZLACON estimates the 1-norm of a square matrix, using reverse communication for evaluating matrix-vector products. Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine zlacon (integerN, complex*16, dimension( n )V, complex*16, dimension( n )X, double precisionEST, integerKASE) ZLACON estimates the 1-norm of a square matrix, using reverse communication for evaluating matrix-vector products. Purpose: ZLACON estimates the 1-norm of a square, complex matrix A. Reverse communication is used for evaluating matrix-vector products. Parameters: N N is INTEGER The order of the matrix. N >= 1. V V is COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (N) On the final return, V = A*W, where EST = norm(V)/norm(W) (W is not returned). X X is COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (N) On an intermediate return, X should be overwritten by A * X, if KASE=1, A**H * X, if KASE=2, where A**H is the conjugate transpose of A, and ZLACON must be re-called with all the other parameters unchanged. EST EST is DOUBLE PRECISION On entry with KASE = 1 or 2 and JUMP = 3, EST should be unchanged from the previous call to ZLACON. On exit, EST is an estimate (a lower bound) for norm(A). KASE KASE is INTEGER On the initial call to ZLACON, KASE should be 0. On an intermediate return, KASE will be 1 or 2, indicating whether X should be overwritten by A * X or A**H * X. On the final return from ZLACON, KASE will again be 0. Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: September 2012 Further Details: Originally named CONEST, dated March 16, 1988. Last modified: April, 1999 Contributors: Nick Higham, University of Manchester References: N.J. Higham, 'FORTRAN codes for estimating the one-norm of a real or complex matrix, with applications to condition estimation', ACM Trans. Math. Soft., vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 381-396, December 1988. Definition at line 115 of file zlacon.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.2 Tue Sep 25 2012 zlacon.f(3)