Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Info on /dev/dm files
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Info on /dev/dm files Post 302664571 by Peasant on Friday 29th of June 2012 11:45:51 PM
Old 06-30-2012
Folks, according to DM Multipath - DM Multipath Configuration and Administration https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=h...path-en-US.pdf, page 17

"Any devices of form /dev/dm-n are for internal use only and should never be used"

The manual suggest using /dev/mapper devices in LVM/Multipath setup on RHEL6

Regards
Peasant.
This User Gave Thanks to Peasant For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mv files to /dev/null

im having trouble with moving files in a directory into /dev/null for file in $HOME/.trashcan/ do mv $file /dev/null done the error msg i get is: mv: /dev/null: not a directory. does anyone know how to fix this? thanks primal (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: primal
16 Replies

2. Solaris

What is /dev/tty /dev/null and /dev/console

Hi, Anyone can help My solaris 8 system has the following /dev/null , /dev/tty and /dev/console All permission are lrwxrwxrwx Can this be change to a non-world write ?? any impact ?? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: civic2005
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Make /dev/null all the files

How can I make /dev/null all the 8640 files that I am getting from this command. find . \( ! -name . -prune \) -type f -name "EXPORT_v1x0*" | awk -F'_' '$6<20120812' And then delete everything. If I am using this command to delete it, I am getting Disk Quota Exceeded Exception. find .... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raihan26
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Lun remove, stuck in /dev/dsk and /dev/rdsk

So, we removed a LUN from the SAN and the system is refusing to remove the references to it in the /dev folder. I've done the following: devfsadm -Cv powermt -q luxadm -e offline <drive path> luxadm probe All those commands failed to remove the path. The drive stills shows up as <drive... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: DustinT
13 Replies

5. AIX

Difference between /dev/hdisk and /dev/rhdisk

Hi, How can i check that i am using RAW devices for storage in my AIX machine... Also after adding a LUN from storage to a aix host, when i check /dev in the host, i can see both rhdisk and hdisk with same number eg: dcback1(root):/dev>ls -lrt | grep disk12 crw------- 1 root ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jibujacob
4 Replies

6. AIX

Problem in /dev/hd1 and /dev/hd9var

Hello AIXians, I can't boot my AIX, it hangs and stops at the code error: 0518 After searching google, I knew the problem is due to problems in File Systems. So the solution is booting from any bootable media, then run these commands in maintenance mode: #fsck -y /dev/hd4 #fsck -y... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohannad
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating partitioning setup of /dev/sda on /dev/sdc

Objective: To recreate the partitioning setup of /dev/sda on /dev/sdc How would I parse the below information and initialize variables (an array?) that can be used to build sgdisk commands in a script, regardless of the number of partitions? Something along the lines of: sgdisk -n... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: RogerBaran
12 Replies

8. Solaris

Why files get created with srwxrwxrwt under /dev/?

$ uname -a SunOS myhost 5.11 11.2 sun4v sparc sun4v I see following 0 byte (regular)files getting created under /dev/mydisks directory : srwxrwxrwt 1 gusr dba 0 Sep 14 23:57 VF_10 srwxrwxrwt 1 gusr dba 0 Sep 14 23:57 DATA1 srwxrwxrwt 1 gusr dba 0 Sep 14 23:57... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: YShivak
8 Replies

9. Red Hat

Changing grub from /dev/sda to /dev/sdb

Hi, Please suggest steps to change grub from /dev/sda to /dev/sdb, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

Dev/urandom and dev/random missing in HP-UX

Hi, In our HP-UX B.11.11. I could not find dev/urandom and dev/random Are all pseudo-devices implemented as device drivers, or in need to run /configure some package to install the package to have dev/urandom. Please help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rashi
4 Replies
MP_EnablePath(3MPAPI)				   Common Multipath Management Library Functions			     MP_EnablePath(3MPAPI)

NAME
MP_EnablePath - enable a path SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lMPAPI [ library... ] #include <mpapi.h> MP_STATUS MP_EnablePath(MP_OID oid); PARAMETERS
oid The object ID of the path. DESCRIPTION
The MP_EnablePath() function enables a path. This API might cause failover in a logical unit with asymmetric access. This API sets the field disabled of structure MP_PATH_LOGICAL_UNIT_PROPERTIES to false. RETURN VALUES
MP_STATUS_INVALID_OBJECT_TYPE The oid does not specify any valid object type. This is most likely to happen if an uninitialized object ID is passed to the API. MP_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER The oid has a type subfield other than MP_OBJECT_TYPE_PATH_LU. MP_STATUS_OBJECT_NOT_FOUND The oid owner ID or object sequence number is invalid. MP_STATUS_UNSUPPORTED The API is not supported. MP_STATUS_TRY_AGAIN The path cannot be enabled at this time. MP_STATUS_SUCCESS The operation is successful. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: ANSI INCITS 412 | | |Multipath Management API | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libMPAPI(3LIB), MP_DisablePath(3MPAPI), attributes(5) Multipath Management API Version 1.0 SunOS 5.11 15 Feb 2006 MP_EnablePath(3MPAPI)