Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Recursive search for files and copy to new directories Post 302664549 by cfajohnson on Friday 29th of June 2012 07:03:17 PM
Old 06-29-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyawaymike
Pardon the lack of indentation in that code, it doesn't pass through when pasting in it.

Put code inside [CODE] tags, not [QUOTE] tags.

(You can edit your post to fix it.)
This User Gave Thanks to cfajohnson For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

recursive copy of hidden files

I need to know how to copy hidden files recursively? cp -r sourceDir/* targetDir/. ignores the hidden files. Thank you!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: usfrog
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy multiple files in different directories

I have a report file that is generated every day by a scheduled process. Each day the file is written to a directory named .../blah_blah/Y07/MM-DD-YY/reportmmddyy.tab I want to copy all of this reports to a separate directory without having to do it one by one. However, if I try cp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken2834
3 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Recursive search for group or other writeable 'dot' files

I'm looking for a easy way to do a recursive search through a directory structure for all files that begin with '.' that are group or other writable. Any suggestions? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maficdan
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive call to find files and directories in Shell script from current path.

################################################################ Copy this script to your path from where you want to search for all the files and directories in subdirectories recursively. ################################################################# code starts here... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramit_Gupta
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy Directories excluding files

Hi guys, I want to copy folder and sub folders only. I don't want the files. If i use cp -r command it will copy entirely with files. Could any one suggest me. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthik82
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can i copy those files into other directories have the same name

how can i copy those files into other directories have the same name but different in the end i have files in directory called test: 10_10_asdadfsdfad.txt 10_10_11_asdawqefwkjasd.txt 10_10_11_12_asdafjjhoqwd.txt i want to put them in exist directory thart i have on my system i have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: t17
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive looping through files and directories

hi; i need a script which will go to all directories and subdirectories and print the filenames as follow; here i m printing only files listing in current directory reason i m doing this is coz i want to perform some operations according to filename achieved so cant use find command;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypadvi
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

recursive search and copy

Hello again. Well, I need help again sooner as I thought. Now I want to search for files with a known name within all subdirs, and copy the to differently named files in the same directory. For example if I had only one file to copy, I would just usecp fileName newFileNamebut to do this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cabaciucia
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Recursive copy of Folders with files

Dear All, I will appreciate any help received. Our system is running on hpux v1 My problem is as follows: We have many customer folders with name fd000100, fd000101 and so on e.g. (Testrun)(testsqa):/>ll /TESTrun/fd000100 total 48 drwxrwx--- 2 fq000100 test 96 Jun 27 2004... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhbd
17 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files in respective directories

Hi Guys, I need to copy the files to respective directories based on name of the file. My script is something like below con=$1 for file in `cat $con` do file_tmp=$(ls -t1 $path| grep -i $file | head -n 1) echo $file_tmp if then cp $path$file_tmp $DIR/ap if then... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Master_Mind
16 Replies
wml::std::page(3)						     EN Tools							 wml::std::page(3)

NAME
wml::std::page - Standard HTML Page Header and Footer SYNOPSIS
#use wml::std::page <page [attributes]> [<page_end>] <head>...</head> <title>...</title> DESCRIPTION
This include file provides the new "<page>" tag which is a advanced combination of the HTML "<body>" and "<head>" container tags. The idea is to provide complete header and footer tags via one single tag while providing new features like page indentation, easy title specification and setup of default values for the page colors. ATTRIBUTES
"title" This is a shorthand for the container tag "<title>". The value of this attribute is placed in the "<head>" section of the page, surrounded with the "<title>" tag. "indent" This sets the indentation level of the page in units of "<blockquote>"'s. Default is no indentation. Setting "indent" to a value of N means the page is surrounded by N "<blockquote">> tags. The attribute "indent=1" or "indent=2" usually provides the best readable layout. "background" This just corresponds to the same attribute of the "<body>" tag and sets the background image. This is per default not used. "bgcolor" This just corresponds to the same attribute of the "<body>" tag and sets the background color. Default is "bgcolor="#ffffff"" (white). "text" This just corresponds to the same attribute of the "<body>" tag and sets the text color. Default is "text="#000000"" (black). "link" This just corresponds to the same attribute of the "<body>" tag and sets the normal hyperlink color. Default is "text="#333399"" (medium blue). "alink" This just corresponds to the same attribute of the "<body>" tag and sets the color for activated hyperlinks. Default is "text="#9999ff"" (light blue). "vlink" This just corresponds to the same attribute of the "<body>" tag and sets the color for already visited hyperlinks. Default is "text="#000066"" (dark blue). "color" When setting "color="none"", the five previous attributes are not put into the "<body>" tag. "onload" This just corresponds to the same attribute of the "<body>" tag and sets a JavaScript even handler which is activated after page was loaded. This is per default not used. "info" This automatically puts a "<info style=meta>" tag into the "<head>" section of the page. See wml::std::info(3) for more details. "slices" This enables the creating of three slices: "WML_STDPAGE_HEAD", "WML_STDPAGE_BODY" and "WML_STDPAGE_FOOT". These can be used later in Pass 9 (Slice) for cutting out parts of the page. :html:ATTR=STR :body:ATTR=STR The ``ATTR=STR'' pairs are passed along to the "<html>" and "<body>" HTML tags. OTHER COMMANDS
This module implements two new macros, called "<title>"..."</title>" and "<head>"..."</head>". The first one defines the title of the page, and the second appends its body into the HEAD section of the HTML documents. Its main purpose is to add meta-tags, either directly or with the help of wml::std::info(3). AUTHOR
Ralf S. Engelschall rse@engelschall.com www.engelschall.com REQUIRES
Internal: P1, P2, P5 External: -- SEE ALSO
HTML "<head>", "<body>" and "<title>" tags; wml::std::info(3) EN Tools 2014-04-16 wml::std::page(3)