Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Archive Unix script to Batch script Post 302664365 by vbe on Friday 29th of June 2012 11:12:09 AM
Old 06-29-2012
If I understand your request, you want this unix shell script converted to DOS .bat file ?
If so you are in the wrong forum...
Moved to more suitable.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write a Script to run series of batch jobs on unix platform

Im new to unix shell scripting, I have to run batch jobs on unix. for example i have 5 jobs. first 2 can kickoff parallely. after completely finishing the 2 previous jobs the 3 job should kick off..once 3rd is over 4 th and 5th can kick off parallely. Each jobs run for 1 or 2 hours each. How to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venki311
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert unix .ksh script to windows .batch script

I am using awk in my .ksh script but when I am trying to run in windows its not recognising awk part of the ksh script , even when I changed it to gawk it does not work, this is how my .ksh and .bat files look like. thanx. #!/bin/ksh egrep -v "Rpt 038|PM$|Parameters:|Begin |Date: |End... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 2.5lt V8
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX logon script/batch

Hi everyone, I am a newbies to Unix and hope someone can help me on: 1. Do anyone has batch file example that can be logon to a unix sever through telnet and exec a nohup command without typing in username and passward everytime ? 2. A java script exmaple for doing the same logon so it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oht
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute multiple(batch) oracle script in unix mechine

Hi All, How to run multiple oracle script in unix at-a-time.I appriciate if any send the script for me. Regards, Ravi kumar.Gongati (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi gongati
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the Windows Batch script to UNIX shell script.

Hi, When I run the below script in UNIX it's throwing syntax errors. Actually it's a windows batch script. Could anyone change the below Windows Batch script to UNIX shell script... Script: REM :: File Name : Refresh_OTL.bat REM :: Parameters : %1 - Region REM :: : %2 - Cube Type REM ::... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomailraj
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dos batch script to execute unix shell script

Can anyone help me with a dos batch script to execute a shell script residing in an unix server. I am not able to use ssh. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shri123
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Windows Batch script for Unix commands

I wish to create a folder on a unix server B from my windows box using windows batch script. Below is my windows batch script. @ ECHO OFF ::Enter your Directory name: echo Enter your Directory name: set /p mydir= plink user1@ServerA mkdir %mydir% At plink command i get logged... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch script to execute shell script in UNIX server

Hi team, My requirement is to transfer pdf files from windows machine to unix server and then from that unix server we should sftp to another server. I have completed the first part i.e From windows to using to unix server with the help of psftp.exe code: psftp user@host -pw password <... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhupeshchavan
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP or scp with password in a batch script without using SSH keys and expect script

Dear All, I have a requirement where I have to SFTP or SCP a file in a batch script. Unfortunately, the destination server setup is such that it doesn't allow for shell command line login. So, I am not able to set up SSH keys. My source server is having issues with Expect. So, unable to use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss112233
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to archive logs and sftp to another archive server

Requirement: Under fuse application we have placeholders called containers; Every container has their logs under: <container1>/data/log/fuse.log <container1>/data/log/fuse.log.1 <container1>/data/log/fuse.log.XX <container2>/data/log/fuse.log... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arjun Goswami
6 Replies
dosif(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							  dosif(4)

NAME
DOSIF - DOS interchange format DESCRIPTION
The DOS Interchange Format (DOSIF) is the name given to the media format used by the DOS operating system. This format is based upon that used in IBM PC and PC AT and HP Vectra systems. Use the and commands to convert files between HP-UX and DOS file formats; see dos2ux(1). Use these utilities to retrieve information from a DOSIF volume. The dos*(1) utilities are the only HP-UX commands that can interact directly with the contents of a DOSIF volume. The only other way to interact with the contents of a DOSIF volume is to use an HP-UX DOS emulation or coprocessor facility such as SoftPC or the DOS Coproces- sor. The command cannot be used on a DOSIF volume because the operating system does not recognize it (see mount(1M)). When constructing file names for the dos*(1) commands, start with the HP-UX path name of the DOSIF volume, then add a colon followed by the file name: or This file naming convention is suitable for use only in arguments of the dos*(1) utilities. It does not constitute a legal path name for any other use in HP-UX applications. Metacharacters and can be used when specifying both HP-UX and DOS file names. These must be quoted when specifying a DOS file name, because file name expansion is performed by the DOS utilities, not by the shell. The dos*(1) utilities expand file names as described in regexp(5) in the section. By convention, if the HP-UX device name and a trailing colon are specified, but no file or directory name is provided (for example, the root of the DOS file system is assumed. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Specify DOSIF file accessed through HP-UX special file Example 2 Specify DOSIF file accessed through the DOS volume stored as HP-UX file SEE ALSO
dos2ux(1). dosif(4)