Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Exclude new line character while searching Post 302664235 by Dave Null on Friday 29th of June 2012 06:49:12 AM
Old 06-29-2012
Hi Ankit,

can you show here your expected result?

Regards,
Dave Null

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

searching for $ character

I need to search in text files for the $ character. I tried putting it in double quotes and single quotes . ie grep "$" filename but unix finds everything in the file. Whats the best way to do this? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching a string for a character

I have a co-worker that is trying to make a Wheel of Fortune game and he wants to know if there is a way to search a string for the letter given by the user. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: turbulence
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

exclude a line

Hi, thanks for your help. I wrote this script : # ! /bin/sh file=snapshot.txt cat $file | while read line ; do { myvariable=`grep "Nombre de ROLLBACK internes" |sed 's/.*.=//'` echo $myvariable } done It looks in a file "snapshot.txt" for the lines containing "Nombre de ROLLBACK... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching a particular character in a file

Hi, I want to search how many times is "a" present in a file named "data". How to do this? Please help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gautamshaw
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

How to remove new line character and append new line character in a file?

Hi Experts, I have data coming in 4 columns and there are new line characters \n in between the data. I need to remove the new line characters in the middle of the row and keep the \n character at the end of the line. File is comma (,) seperated. Eg: ID,Client ,SNo,Rank 37,Airtel \n... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikari
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Have to exclude the first and last line of the file : help me

hi , i am very new to perl . scriptting.. pllease can any one help me ...pleaseeeeeee i ll have a file which look likes 123 |something |567 456 |welcome |789 457 |inboxpost |790 . . 123 |something |567 i have to execute all the lines in the file except the first and the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwakar
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: Searching for length of words between slash character

Dear UNIX Community, I have a set of file paths like the one below: \\folder name \ folder1 \ folder2 \ folder3 \ folder4 \\folder name \ very long folder name \ even longer name I would like to find the length of the characters (including space) between the \'s. However, I want... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vnayak
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

exclude blank line

hi, how can i exclude blank line along with #, in the below command. crontab -l|grep -v "^#" |wc -l thx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bang_dba
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching Alphanumeric Character From a File

Hi, In a error log file, the error code of a particular error contains both Alphabet and Numbers. My problem statement is to find the error codes from a particular log. That means, I need to search a word, which contains both alphabet and number. Please help me. Below is two examples of error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snehasish_jana
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching invalid character in list of client name

Hi Friend, I have a client name list and client name has some invalid character due to which some issue raised and list of client are15k. I want to make script who find invalid character name. can you please help me how i can make script, i means i need logic. Valid character are :- ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallvi_mahajan
5 Replies
COROSYNC-QUORUMTOOL(8)					      System Manager's Manual					    COROSYNC-QUORUMTOOL(8)

NAME
corosync-quorumtool - Set and display quorum settings. SYNOPSIS
corosync-quorumtool [-s] [-m] [-l] [-p] [-v votes] [-n nodeid] [-e expected] [-h] [-i] [-V] DESCRIPTION
Display the current state of quorum in the cluster and set vote quorum options. OPTIONS
-s show quorum status -m constantly monitor quorum status -l list nodes -v <votes> change the number of votes for a node * -n <nodeid> optional nodeid of node for -v -e <expected> change expected votes for the cluster * -H show nodeids in hexadecimal rather than decimal -i show node IP addresses instead of the resolved name -p when used with -s or -l, generates machine parsable output -h (if no other argument) show this help text -V show version and exit * Starred items only work if votequorum is the quorum provider for corosync SEE ALSO
corosync_overview(8), votequorum_overview(8), AUTHOR
Angus Salkeld 2012-01-12 COROSYNC-QUORUMTOOL(8)