Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support [Solved] DCMU (disk control and monitor utility) sun fire Post 302664137 by pabloli150 on Friday 29th of June 2012 03:47:00 AM
Old 06-29-2012
ok finally i got it through my oracle support, so it is solved Smilie

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

USB Hard Disk Drive Supported by Sun Fire V890

Hi, Can anyone suggest me any USB Hard Disk Drive which I can connect to Sun Fire V890 and take backup at a quick speed. A test with SolidState USB Hard Drive for backup work was taking writing at 2GB per hour for a 75GB backup. Regards, Tushar Kathe (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tushar_kathe
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun Fire 280R Sun Solaris CRT/Monitor requirements

I am new to Sun. I brought Sun Fire 280R to practice UNIX. What are the requirements for the monitor/CRT? Will it burn out old non-Sun CRTs? Does it need LCD monitor? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramptonmt
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun-Fire V440 boot disk issue

Hi, I have Sun Fire V440. Boot disks are mirrored. system crashed and it's not coming up. Error message is Insufficient metadevice database replicas located. Use Metadb to delete databases which are broken. Boot disks are mirrored and other disks are ZFS configuration. Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Removing a disk from SUN Fire V440 running Solaris 8

Hi, I have a SUN Fire V440 server running Solaris 8. One of the 4 disks do not appear when issued the format command. The "ready to remove" LED is not on either. Metastat command warns that this disk "Needs maintenace". Can I just shutdown and power off the machine and then insert an... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Echo68
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun Fire v440 Hard disk or controller broken? WARNING: /pci@1f,700000/scsi@2/sd@0,0 (sd1)

Hi, I have a Sun Fire V440 server that fails to boot up correctly. A lot of services are not started and the sytems acts really slow to commands. During boot I can see the following Error: WARNING: /pci@1f,700000/scsi@2/sd@0,0 (sd1): SCSI transport failed: reason 'reset': retrying... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: oliwei
15 Replies
null(n) 																   null(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
null - Create and manipulate null channels SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl package require memchan null _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The command described here is only available in a not-yet released version of the package. Use the CVS to get the sources. null creates a null channel which absorbs everything written into it. Reading from it is not possible, or rather will always return zero bytes. These channels are essentially Tcl-specific variants of the null device for unixoid operating systems (/dev/null). Transfer- ing the generated channel between interpreters is possible but does not make much sense. OPTIONS
Memory channels created by null provide one additional option to set or query. -delay ?milliseconds? A null channel is always writable and readable. This means that all fileevent-handlers will fire continuously. To avoid starvation of other event sources the events raised by this channel type have a configurable delay. This option is set in milliseconds and defaults to 5. A null channel is always writable and never readable. This means that a writable fileevent-handler will fire continuously and a readable fileevent-handler never at all. The exception to the latter is only the destruction of the channel which will cause the delivery of an eof event to a readable handler. SEE ALSO
fifo, fifo2, memchan, random, zero KEYWORDS
channel, i/o, in-memory channel, null COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1996-2003 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> Memory channels 2.2 null(n)