Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Install hangs on laptop
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Install hangs on laptop Post 302664043 by methyl on Thursday 28th of June 2012 06:53:12 PM
Old 06-28-2012
This post is just too vague.
Please mention the exact make and model of the laptop and the exact version of RHEL.
Please mention the exact version (to the decimal place) of Microsoft Windows and establish some context for installing Microsoft Windows and mention the commands you typed to produce the adverse numbers.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Install linux in laptop

Dear expert I want to install a linux on laptop and it will be the only os on that laptop I checked many sites to checked that but i worry about somthings. first the model of the laptop it is Toshiba Satellite 440CDX and its sepecification is 1.8 GB hard disk P1 133MH with MMX technology... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RuDe_BuT_CoOoL
1 Replies

2. AIX

NIM install hangs on LED 0608

Hi guys, I am trying to install a new machine via nim but it is hanging on 0608 => it should be a network issue here the situation hoping you will be able to help: server NIM on a subnet/IP 10.36.12.64 client on 161.43.56.25 the ping test is successful but when I launch the isntall it... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: touny
9 Replies

3. Solaris

I want to install x386 on my laptop

All, I want to install x386 Solaris 10 on my laptop. Is there a tool avaialable to see if my laptop's hardware components are supported? Thanks in advance, Max (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m@dm@x
2 Replies

4. Solaris

can't install solaris 10 on toshiba laptop

i had a toshiba laptop ( satellite L20 - 100) and i'm trying to install solaris 10 ...but it doesn't complete the setup from the very first begining it gives me this msg: unable to reset device //pci@0,0/pci1179,ff31@1d,2 can anybody help me installing solaris on the pc??? also can the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slimydoom
2 Replies

5. Linux

HDD not recognised while trying to install Linux enterprise on HP laptop

Hi, Can anyone give me the clue to my problem which is hdd not recognised when l tried to install linux enterprise edition on my laptop HP compaq nc6320 centrino. thanxs (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris Cluster Install Hangs

Greetings Forumers! I tried installing Solaris Cluster 3.3 today. I should say I tried configuring the Cluster today. The software is already installed on two systems. I am trying to configure a shared filesystem between two 6320 Blades. I selected the "Custom" install because the "Typical"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
2 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Connect 2 laptops with RJ45 cable (Ubuntu 10.10 laptop with Windows 7 laptop)

Hi to all, I have the problem that a laptops with windows XP cannot startup even in safe mode nor using last good known configuration. I have a Ubuntu 10.10 Live CD and booting from it I can read the Hard Drive. I need to do a backup the Hard Drive from XP laptop and I want to connect this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
5 Replies

8. Solaris

10_Recommended patches install - hangs!

Got a Solaris 10 05/09 machine recently built. Trying to run installcluster --s10cluster like Ive done loads of times before. On this particular machine, it just sits there, no output on command line. Any ideas what to try to see whats going wrong? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulfoel
3 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Laptop to laptop transfer files

Dear all, I would like to transfer my old laptop documents/files etc to the new laptop without using any external hard disk. Please let me know if its possible via any way. Thank in advance, emily (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
3 Replies

10. Linux

Clean Install of Linux on Laptop

I have not been a Windows user at home since the first Intel Macs came out and I am thinking of moving to Linux and putting either Fedora or Ubuntu on a laptop as a clean install. However, I am hearing horror stories of those who have attempted the same thing with laptops with Windows 8.1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pfaloney
4 Replies
DateTime::TimeZone::Local::Win32(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       DateTime::TimeZone::Local::Win32(3)

NAME
DateTime::TimeZone::Local::Win32 - Determine the local system's time zone on Windows VERSION
version 1.63 SYNOPSIS
my $tz = DateTime::TimeZone->new( name => 'local' ); my $tz = DateTime::TimeZone::Local->TimeZone(); DESCRIPTION
This module provides methods for determining the local time zone on a Windows platform. HOW THE TIME ZONE IS DETERMINED
This class tries the following methods of determining the local time zone: o $ENV{TZ} It checks $ENV{TZ} for a valid time zone name. o Windows Registry When using the registry, we look for the Windows time zone and use a mapping to translate this to an Olson time zone name. o Windows Vista and 2008 We look in "SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/TimeZoneInformation/" for a node named "/TimeZoneKeyName". If this exists, we use this key to look up the Olson time zone name in our mapping. o Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server We look in "SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion/Time Zones/" and loop through all of its sub keys. For each sub key, we compare the value of the key with "/Std" appended to the end to the value of "SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/TimeZoneInformation/StandardName". This gives us the English name of the Windows time zone, which we use to look up the Olson time zone name. o Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Millenium Edition The algorithm is the same as for NT, but we loop through the sub keys of "SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Time Zones/" AUTHOR
Dave Rolsky <autarch@urth.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2013 by Dave Rolsky. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-10-28 DateTime::TimeZone::Local::Win32(3)