Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cannot open [No such file or directory] Post 302664001 by methyl on Thursday 28th of June 2012 05:27:37 PM
Old 06-28-2012
I'm warming to an earlier post which made the sensible suggestion of using touch:
Code:
if [ -f "${LOGFILE}" ]; then
       > "${LOGFILE}"
else
       touch "${LOGFILE}"
fi

Anyway, I am very suspicious of this line:
Quote:
for sid in ${orasids[*]}
I suspect that it is producing at least one null result which means that $LOGFILE never gets created.

As someone who has got through life without ever using a Shell array in a live script, I have absolutely no idea whether this code is sound.

Any posters out there who can check whether that bit of the script works?

I seem to recall adapting an Oracle-supplied script called oraenv.

(At the time of posting I had not seen post #13)

Last edited by methyl; 06-28-2012 at 06:48 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

libRmath.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

% locate Rmath /m/backup/backup/lib/R/include/Rmath.h /usr/lib/R/include/Rmath.h % gcc -g -o stand stand.c -I/usr/lib/R/include/ -lRmath -lm % ./stand ./stand: error while loading shared libraries: libRmath.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory What's the trouble... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdbug
6 Replies

2. Solaris

Error- ld.so.1: expr: fatal: libgmp.so.3: open failed:No such file or directory

Hi Friends I have a compiler(Sun Forte,I believe) running in my Solaris 9 box. since y'day my development team is finding this error when they compile: ld.so.1: expr: fatal: libgmp.so.3: open failed: No such file or directory I ran a search for this file and found it in one of my file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to open a last modified file in a directory

how to directly open a last modified file in a directory? Please help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

libodbc.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

We are trying to install third party software on this unix server... Here is the error message we are getting... error while loading shared libraries: libodbc.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory It seems like odbc driver is not installed... >rpm -q unixODBC... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: govindts
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

fatal: cannot open file `TNAME' for reading (No such file or directory)

Hi, I am running this command through a shell script and getting the error mentioned in the subject line: testing.awk -f x.txt TNAME My testing.awk file contains something like ++++++++++++++++++ #!/usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN{ TAB_NAME="INSERT_ONE_" ARGV ; } if ( $1=="JAM_ONE" &&... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kunwar
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: cannot open file (No such file or directory)

Hello folks! I am new to Shell and awk scripting. This is my shell script that receives a string as an input from the user from the stdin. #!bin/sh printf "Enter your query\n" read query cmd=`echo $query | cut -f 1 -d " "` input_file=`echo $query | cut -f 2 -d " "` printf $input_file... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: radiohead_
10 Replies

7. Solaris

./curl -V showing fatal: libldap.so.5: open failed: No such file or directory

Hi Guys, I am facing this Error bash-2.03$ ./curl -V ld.so.1: curl: fatal: libldap.so.5: open failed: No such file or directory Killed bash-2.03$ while executing ./curl -V in /opt/sfw/bin directory. I am using Sun Solaris 10. which package upgrage can give me this missing... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
9 Replies

8. Linux

Cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Hi, While running tcpdump command on my Fedora 16 machine I am get shared library issue. # tcpdump tcpdump: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory # which tcpdump /usr/software/sbin/tcpdump I have tried... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muzaffar.k
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux open failed: No such file or directory error

Hi, The below commands works fine on serverB . /etc/profile; cd /export/home/user2/utils/plugin/ ./runme.shHowever, when i run the same commands from serverA it fails $ ssh -q user2@serverB ". /etc/profile; cd /export/home/user2/utils/plugin; ./runme.sh"Output Error: Please find the below... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies
LOGFILE(1)							       mrtg								LOGFILE(1)

NAME
logfile - description of the mrtg-2 logfile format SYNOPSIS
This document provides a description of the contents of the mrtg-2 logfile. OVERVIEW
The logfile consists of two main sections. A very short one at the beginning: The first Line It stores the traffic counters from the most recent run of mrtg The rest of the File Stores past traffic rate averates and maxima at increassing intervals The first number on each line is a unix time stamp. It represents the number of seconds since 1970. DETAILS
The first Line The first line has 3 numbers which are: A (1st column) A timestamp of when MRTG last ran for this interface. The timestamp is the number of non-skip seconds passed since the standard UNIX "epoch" of midnight on 1st of January 1970 GMT. B (2nd column) The "incoming bytes counter" value. C (3rd column) The "outgoing bytes counter" value. The rest of the File The second and remaining lines of the file 5 numbers which are: A (1st column) The Unix timestamp for the point in time the data on this line is relevant. Note that the interval between timestamps increases as you prograss through the file. At first it is 5 minutes and at the end it is one day between two lines. This timestamp may be converted in EXCEL by using the following formula: =(x+y)/86400+DATE(1970,1,1) you can also ask perl to help by typing perl -e 'print scalar localtime(x)," "' x is the unix timestamp and y is the offset in seconds from UTC. (Perl knows y). B (2nd column) The average incoming transfer rate in bytes per second. This is valid for the time between the A value of the current line and the A value of the previous line. C (3rd column) The average outgoing transfer rate in bytes per second since the previous measurement. D (4th column) The maximum incoming transfer rate in bytes per second for the current interval. This is calculated from all the updates which have occured in the current interval. If the current interval is 1 hour, and updates have occured every 5 minutes, it will be the biggest 5 minute transferrate seen during the hour. E (5th column) The maximum outgoing transfer rate in bytes per second for the current interval. AUTHOR
Butch Kemper <kemper@bihs.net> and Tobias Oetiker <oetiker@ee.ethz.ch> 3rd Berkeley Distribution 2.9.17 LOGFILE(1)