Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Check file time stamp
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check file time stamp Post 302663925 by Corona688 on Thursday 28th of June 2012 03:54:08 PM
Old 06-28-2012
Why not move the file?

As long as the destination is on the same filesystem, moving a file that's being written to is completely safe. Nothing impacts already-open file descriptors -- all you're doing is changing directory entries.

Otherwise, the cron entries responsible for creating the file should really be responsible for moving it, too. They actually know when they're done, no wild guess of two minutes is necessary.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File date and time stamp

I have to capture the creation date and time stamp for a file. The ls command doesn't list all the required information. I need year, month, day, hour, minute and second. Any ideas... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xenon
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

time stamp of file create

Hi, Sounds a simple request but I also need (would like) to gather the seconds too. I'm not even sure if this is held. I would think it is, somewhere??!!?! I belive that stat would/could work but I don't do C (we'll not yet). Is there any comamnd line util I can use? SunOS. Cheers... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhatch
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do i put a time stamp in a file name

i want to copy a filea.dat to a file name in the format of filea_yyyymmdd_hhmi.dat using something like DTSTAMP=$(date "+%Y%m%d"), which puts it in format filea_yyyymmdd.dat (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhamm
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

change the time stamp of file

can we change the timestamp of a file to old date. -rwxrwxrwx 1 root other 330 Jul 1 16:03 abc.txt it shows creation time is 16.03 can i change it to previous time :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anish19
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change time stamp of a file

Hi, As i know , we can change the time stamp of a file by touch command, i did change in a file and it is looking as given # ls -l abcd -rw-r--r-- 1 batsoqa sicusers 0 Feb 17 2010 abcd actually i want to see the output like this -rw-r--r-- 1 batsoqa sicusers ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apskaushik
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

file time stamp

Hi All, I am facing small problem. i want to print file time stamp on which date file has placed in the server. i have given some code but its not giving the year. any help appreciated. regards rajesh. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh_pola
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - check time stamp between range or not

I want to check given time stamp is between the given time stamp or not. I am using AIX. YYYYMMDDHHMMSS abc.csv START TIME, END TIME 20130209018000,20130509022000 20120209018000,20130509022000 20120209018000,20130509022000 Script will check given time stamp is between above two range or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vegasluxor
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check time stamp formate in file

I have to check whether last line of the file has time stamp or not. File.txt cong = 0 This formats a date and time into the given strftime() format = 09 Dates can be passed to Smarty as unix timestamps = 56789 mysql timestamps or any string made up =98 Since Smarty-2.6.10 numeric... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check time stamp in log file and calculate.

Hi Friends, I have the following logfile. i want to make a script for calculate time by time2 - time1 1600266278|random|1|2014-09-19 02:08:56.024|2014-09-19 02:08:59.398|A|B|ROOM|Num0208559970111101788|1|dog|dos 1600266200|random|4|2014-09-19 02:08:06.572|2014-09-19... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing time stamp in file name

I have a file that is created via a perl script where the file is named like so: 01-07-2016_10:17:08. I am running a shell script that needs to take this file and print it. I can capture the date portion fine, but I am unsure how to capture the time stamp, since there will be a difference from what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ldorsey
1 Replies
PCAP_SET_TSTAMP_PRECISION(3PCAP)										  PCAP_SET_TSTAMP_PRECISION(3PCAP)

NAME
pcap_set_tstamp_precision - set the time stamp precision returned in captures SYNOPSIS
#include <pcap/pcap.h> int pcap_set_tstamp_precision(pcap_t *p, int tstamp_precision); DESCRIPTION
pcap_set_tstamp_precision() sets the precision of the time stamp desired for packets captured on the pcap descriptor to the type specified by tstamp_precision. It must be called on a pcap descriptor created by pcap_create() that has not yet been activated by pcap_activate(). Two time stamp precisions are supported, microseconds and nanoseconds. One can use options PCAP_TSTAMP_PRECISION_MICRO and PCAP_TSTAMP_PRE- CISION_NANO to request desired precision. By default, time stamps are in microseconds. RETURN VALUE
pcap_set_tstamp_type() returns 0 on success if the specified time stamp precision is expected to be supported by the operating system, PCAP_ERROR_TSTAMP_PRECISION_NOTSUP if operating system does not support requested time stamp precision, PCAP_ERROR_ACTIVATED if called on a capture handle that has been activated. SEE ALSO
pcap(3PCAP), pcap_get_tstamp_precision(3PCAP), pcap-tstamp(7) 27 August 2013 PCAP_SET_TSTAMP_PRECISION(3PCAP)