Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Check file time stamp
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check file time stamp Post 302663883 by Corona688 on Thursday 28th of June 2012 03:01:21 PM
Old 06-28-2012
What's your system?

Also, why do you need to avoid copying these files? Are these files being uploaded by FTP or the like?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File date and time stamp

I have to capture the creation date and time stamp for a file. The ls command doesn't list all the required information. I need year, month, day, hour, minute and second. Any ideas... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xenon
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

time stamp of file create

Hi, Sounds a simple request but I also need (would like) to gather the seconds too. I'm not even sure if this is held. I would think it is, somewhere??!!?! I belive that stat would/could work but I don't do C (we'll not yet). Is there any comamnd line util I can use? SunOS. Cheers... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhatch
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do i put a time stamp in a file name

i want to copy a filea.dat to a file name in the format of filea_yyyymmdd_hhmi.dat using something like DTSTAMP=$(date "+%Y%m%d"), which puts it in format filea_yyyymmdd.dat (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhamm
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

change the time stamp of file

can we change the timestamp of a file to old date. -rwxrwxrwx 1 root other 330 Jul 1 16:03 abc.txt it shows creation time is 16.03 can i change it to previous time :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anish19
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change time stamp of a file

Hi, As i know , we can change the time stamp of a file by touch command, i did change in a file and it is looking as given # ls -l abcd -rw-r--r-- 1 batsoqa sicusers 0 Feb 17 2010 abcd actually i want to see the output like this -rw-r--r-- 1 batsoqa sicusers ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apskaushik
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

file time stamp

Hi All, I am facing small problem. i want to print file time stamp on which date file has placed in the server. i have given some code but its not giving the year. any help appreciated. regards rajesh. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh_pola
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - check time stamp between range or not

I want to check given time stamp is between the given time stamp or not. I am using AIX. YYYYMMDDHHMMSS abc.csv START TIME, END TIME 20130209018000,20130509022000 20120209018000,20130509022000 20120209018000,20130509022000 Script will check given time stamp is between above two range or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vegasluxor
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check time stamp formate in file

I have to check whether last line of the file has time stamp or not. File.txt cong = 0 This formats a date and time into the given strftime() format = 09 Dates can be passed to Smarty as unix timestamps = 56789 mysql timestamps or any string made up =98 Since Smarty-2.6.10 numeric... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check time stamp in log file and calculate.

Hi Friends, I have the following logfile. i want to make a script for calculate time by time2 - time1 1600266278|random|1|2014-09-19 02:08:56.024|2014-09-19 02:08:59.398|A|B|ROOM|Num0208559970111101788|1|dog|dos 1600266200|random|4|2014-09-19 02:08:06.572|2014-09-19... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing time stamp in file name

I have a file that is created via a perl script where the file is named like so: 01-07-2016_10:17:08. I am running a shell script that needs to take this file and print it. I can capture the date portion fine, but I am unsure how to capture the time stamp, since there will be a difference from what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ldorsey
1 Replies
ftpconfig(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     ftpconfig(1M)

NAME
ftpconfig - set up anonymous FTP SYNOPSIS
ftpconfig [ftpdir] ftpconfig -d ftpdir DESCRIPTION
The ftpconfig script is executed by the super user to set up anonymous FTP. Anonymous FTP allows users to remotely log on to the FTP server by specifying the user name ftp or anonymous and the user's email address as password. The anonymous users are logged on to the FTP Server and given access to a restricted file area with its own file system root. See chroot(2). The FTP area has its own minimal system files. This command will copy and set up all the components needed to operate an anonymous FTP server, including creating the ftp user account, creating device nodes, copying /usr/lib files, and copying timezone data. The passwd and group files set up have been stripped down to prevent malicious users from finding login names on the server. The anonymous file area will be placed under ftpdir. If the ftp user account already exists, then the current FTP area is used, and the system files in it are updated. All other files are left untouched. This command should be run to update the anonymous FTP area's configuration whenever a system patch is installed, or the system is upgraded. OPTIONS
-d Create a new or update an existing ftpdir without creating or updating the ftp user account. Use this option when creating guest FTP user accounts. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: ftpdir The absolute pathname of the directory under which the anonymous FTP area is set up. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion 1 Improper usage of the command 2 Command failed ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpaddhost(1M), in.ftpd(1M), useradd(1M), chroot(2), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftpconfig(1M)