Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get lines before and after a searched text? Post 302663511 by pravin27 on Thursday 28th of June 2012 07:58:46 AM
Old 06-28-2012
How about this ?
Code:
    awk '{if(/ORA-07445/){flg=1;k=j-2;for(l=k;l<=j;l++){print a[l]} k=0;j=0; print $0}else if (flg == 1 && i<3) {print; ++i}else{a[++j]=$0;i=0;flg=0}}' Filename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete first 5 lines and last five lines in all text files

Hi I want to delete first five and last five lines in text files without opening the file and also i want to keep the same file name for all the files. Thanks in advance!!! Ragav (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragavendran31
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get lines prior to the line being searched

Hi, Can anbody please let me know how i can retrieve lines above the line being searched in a file. I am looking for an error message from a file, if I see that message I want the lines above that message along with this line. how do we do this. Please do let me know An example which i have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunrao_oradba
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash help]Adding multiple lines of text into a specific spot into a text file

I am attempting to insert multiple lines of text into a specific place in a text file based on the lines above or below it. For example, Here is a portion of a zone file. IN NS ns1.domain.tld. IN NS ns2.domain.tld. IN ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdn_humbucker
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines between two lines after grep for a text string

I have several very large file that are extracts from Oracle tables. These files are formatted in XML type syntax with multiple entries like: <ROW> some information more information </ROW> I want to grep for some words, then print all lines between <ROW> AND </ROW>. Can this be done with AWK?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbruce
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed show lines text between 2 blank lines

I have a file like blah blah blah blah this is the text I need, which might be between 1-4 lines, but always has a blank line above and below it, and is at the end of the text file the code tags don't show the trailing blank line. I started by deleting the last blank line with: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read n lines from a text files getting n from within the text file

I dont even have a sample script cause I dont know where to start from. My data lookes like this > sat#16 #data: 15 site:UNZA baseline: 205.9151 0.008 -165.2465 35.8109 40.6685 21.9148 121.1446 26.4629 -18.4976 33.8722 0.017 -165.2243 48.2201 40.6908 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: malandisa
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search String and extract few lines under the searched string

Need Assistance in shell programming... I have a huge file which has multiple stations and i wanted to search particular station and extract few lines from it and the rest is not needed Bold letters are the stations . The whole file has multiple stations . Below example i wanted to search... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to skip lines find text and add text based on number

I am trying to use awk skip each line with a ## or # and check each line after for STB= and if that value in greater than or = to 0.8, then at the end of line the text "STRAND BIAS" is written in else "GOOD". So in the file of 4 entries attached. awk tried: awk NR > "##"' "#" -F"STB="... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text to lines in a file, iterate backwards until text or text substring matches, print to file

hi all, trying this using shell/bash with sed/awk/grep I have two files, one containing one column, the other containing multiple columns (comma delimited). file1.txt abc12345 def12345 ghi54321 ... file2.txt abc1,text1,texta abc,text2,textb def123,text3,textc gh,text4,textd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shogun1970
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Insert text after the first occurance of searched string entry in a file

My server xml file has huge data part of which i'm sharing below. I wish to add the below text held by variable "addthisline" after the closing braces i.e --> once the first </Connector> tag is found. addthisline="I need to be inserted after the comments" Thus my searchstring is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)