Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Checking postfix mail log with AWK Post 302663509 by rinti on Thursday 28th of June 2012 07:56:25 AM
Old 06-28-2012
Dear Peasant, thank you very much for your reply. But it will show only only log. I want to see all the logs at a time with a single line command.

It can be done bye AWK. I saw a person to do it some days ago.

Any idea?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuring my PostFix Mail Server

Hi folks! I have a Postfix email server running on my MacOs x box. I would like to customize this automatic message to portuguese language: ============ This is the Postfix program at host myserver.com. I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returned below could not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fundidor
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail command woth Postfix

Hi, maybe someone could help me. This is the thing. I usually use the command "mail" on my scripts to send me info about the linux box, something like: df -k | mail -s "disk usage" lalala@lalala.com. This works fine in all the linuxes that sendmail is installed, but there is one with Postfix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: piltrafa
1 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Reg:Postfix Mail Server

We have a redhat enterprise linux 4 server.we have configured postfix as our MTA.squirrel mail as webmail and apache is configured for webserver.We configured outlook as mail client.The mail server is working and our users ae saving a copy of mail in the linux server.Our problem is whenever the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramjimh
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

postfix - reinject mail to postfix from hold queue directory

hi all. Am using smtpd_recipient_restrictions & check_recipient_access in postfix. The hash file looks like this: emailaddress1 HOLD emailaddress2 HOLD The aim is to place email from these recipients in the hold directory,check them then reinject them back in postfix on some... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Mail solution for Linux - Postfix

Hi , I am a complete newbie to linux, I have been given a job to install a mail solution (postfix if possible) I would like to know how should I go about installing..) Can any one provide me some steps to go about it.. i have read about postfix and the installation steps, it seems there are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anilhk
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail tranmission issue: Postfix/Sendmail

Hi, I have email that is being routed from one server to another server it seems. The sending server has postfix running and the receiving server has sendmail running. The sendmail status is receiving connection. The sending server cannot seem to reach the receiving server. Error logs state... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
0 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Access denied when sending mail - postfix

i have configured mail server with postfix with dovecot with no encryption: When connecting with Thunderbird imap is working fine. when sending email from another domain to this domain again it is fine. but when i want to send mail frommy domain to another it gives me error and this is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending Mail with Postfix

im able to install postfix on my ubuntu server. no issues. but ican't send mail. i dont know what to put for the "relayhost". i've googled this endlessly but i'm clueless. isn't there a general smart host i can use that'll allow me to send? i dont care for receiving mail. i just want to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need an help in configuring Postfix mail relay server

Hello, We have 2 servers, server A and Server B in same domain. I have already configured the Serevr A to send an email to the internet (outside domain) by opening the port 25 to the internet. Now I need to send an email to the outside domain from Server B using server A. I have opened the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sathishbabu89
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

I need help configuring postfix mail server within AWS

I am trying to setup the postfix email server on Redhat Linux 6.5 running as an EC2 instance in AWS. I can do reverse port mapping to open a port from our internal network to the AWS linux server, so we should be able to get to our mail server, even though it is a one way path from our internal ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gandolf989
1 Replies
FAXCRON(8C)															       FAXCRON(8C)

NAME
faxcron - HylaFAX routine maintenance script SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/faxcron [ -n ] [ -l lastrun ] DESCRIPTION
faxcron is a command script that does routine upkeep tasks in a HylaFAX spooling directory hierarchy. This script is intended to be invoked from cron(8C) on behalf of the fax user (often the ``fax'' user is uucp) once a day, with the standard output sent by mail to the HylaFAX administrator. For example, the following crontab might be set up for the fax user: 25 23 * * * sh /usr/sbin/faxcron | mail FaxMaster The faxcron script does the following work: o report statistics for facsimile transmitted since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile transmitted in the past week. o report statistics for facsimile received since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile received in the past week. o report any recent calls that failed suspiciously and return the associated trace log; o purge data that is 30 days or older from the remote machine information directory; o delete information that is 30 days or older from session trace log files; o remove files from the tmp directory that are older than 1 day; o remove files in the received facsimile queue that are 7 days or older; o report sites that are currently having jobs rejected; and o force all session log files to be owned by the fax user and kept with protection mode 644. OPTIONS
-n Forces faxcron to run without updating any files. -l lastrun Forces the notion of the last time that faxcron was run to be lastrun. The value of lastrun is a date and time string of the form ``MM/DD/YY HH:MM'' (the date(1) format string ``%D %H:%M''). -info n Set the expiration time for data in the info database to be n days. -log n Set the expiration time for session log data to be n days. -rcv n Set the expiration time for files in the received facsimile queue to be n days. -tmp n Set the expiration time for files in the tmp directory to be n days. -mode m Set the file protection mode for session logs to m (a command line argument to chmod(1)). NOTES
This script requires nawk(1) or gawk(1) and a date(1) program that supports the ``+format'' option. If session logs are to be kept private this script must be modified to filter out sensitive information such as calling card numbers. (It should also be run with ``-mode 0600'' so that session log files are not publicly readable.) FILES
/var/spool/fax spooling area /var/spool/fax/etc/lastrun timestamp of last run /usr/sbin/xferfaxstats for generating transmit statistics /usr/sbin/recvstats for generating receive statistics /var/spool/fax/tmp/faxcronXXXX temporary file for truncating session logs /var/spool/fax/tmp/faxlogXXXX temporary file for logs of failed calls SEE ALSO
cron(8C), faxq(8C), faxgetty(8C), faxsend(8C), xferfaxstats(8C), recvstats(8C), hylafax-server(5F) May 12, 1996 FAXCRON(8C)