Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bootable thumbdrive
Special Forums Hardware Bootable thumbdrive Post 302663469 by orange47 on Thursday 28th of June 2012 06:57:25 AM
Old 06-28-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
I thought there was a third-party ext3 driver for windows, but perhaps not.

You could reorder the partitions so the fat32 comes first?

there is such thing, 'ext2fsd'. it can even read ext4.

http://www.ext2fsd.com/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bootable CD

Hi, I need to be able to make a back bootable CD for Solaris 7 + software on the system. As stated the CD needs to be a bootable one, I know it will more then likely have to be more then 1 CD and I don't mind. What would be a good program to do this? Also the best way to go about doing it.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: merlin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bootable CD

Hey all, I'm trying to make a backup bootable CD of a solaris 7 machine. I have no idea where to start so I did alot a reading :-) Even though I've done alot of reading I still don't know what is the best way of going about it all. What I am after as a finished result is a bootable CD... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: merlin
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

bootable cd

how can i create a bootable cd? i have the .iso thingy, and now i only need to put it on the cd, but do i need something special to do it w/? or just burn it right onto the cd? Ive already set cd to 1st in bios. thanx anyways (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thenewestuser
1 Replies

4. SuSE

CD Bootable OS

Hi, I want to create a CD that is bootable containing a working Linux OS ie OS runs from CD and not harddrive. Will probably install Linux to a 650GB partition , including all the bits I need. How would I then use this partition to create a working CD? Ideas and Web sites with info very... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdr011
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't detect usb thumbdrive anymore

hey everyone! i have a Solaris 8 box with me, and i had been using my usb thrumbdrive on it all the time. one day, i was in a rush and i pulled out the thumbdrive without ejecting it or anything. and now i can't detect any thumbdrives at all. i had tried using another thumbdrive, but with no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: feef
2 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Make non-bootable scsi drive, bootable

In our HP/Unix system, our master scsi drive was bootable and our mirrored drive was non-bootable. Are any of these alternatives possible: 1) Make the non-bootable scsi drive bootable? How? 2) Create a bootable scsi drive, then copy the mirrored data to the newly created scsi drive? I seek... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bfisk
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting a ThumbDrive

When I try to mount a thumb drive on a Monta Vista Linux 3.1 Embedded System I get an Error. When I plug in the USB Drive I get this message: # hub.c: new USB device CYEZ-Host-1, assigned address 2 scsi0 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices Vendor: Memorex Model: Mini TravelDrive... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NewLinuxUser33
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

rdiff-backup using escape codes on vfat thumbdrive

I thought it may be nice to use rdiff-backup to backup my websites to a thumb drive. But all the capital letters are substituted with octal escape codes. How can I over come this? There are no issues backing up to another ext3 drive. The source drive is ext3 the thumb drive is vfat mounted... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikemc
0 Replies

9. Solaris

unable to use thumbdrive in Solaris 10

hi friends, i had this problem in a Solaris 10 server when i inserted my thumbdrive, i can't find the device file containing usb. what should i do ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Exposure
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Ubuntu on bootable thumbdrive

I have created a bootable thumbdrive containing Ubuntu 10.04. It works fine, but has one minor issue. When I boot a system, it writes a new fstab relevant to that system. That fstab persists, so that if I boot another system the "old" fstab is read and the O/S tries to mount filesystems that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stumpyuk
3 Replies
PARTED(8)							 GNU Parted Manual							 PARTED(8)

NAME
GNU Parted - a partition manipulation program SYNOPSIS
parted [options] [device [command [options...]...]] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the parted command. Complete documentation is distributed with the package in GNU Info format; see below. parted is a disk partitioning and partition resizing program. It allows you to create, destroy, resize, move and copy ext2, ext3, linux- swap, FAT and FAT32 partitions. This is useful for creating space for new operating systems, reorganising disk usage, and copying data to new hard disks. OPTIONS
-h, --help displays a help message. -i, --interactive where necessary, prompts for user intervention. -s, --script never prompts for user intervention. -v, --version displays the version. COMMANDS
[device] The block device to partition. [command [options]] Specifies a command to parted. If no command is given, parted will give you a command prompt. Commands are: check partition does a simple check on partition. cp [source-device] source dest copies the source partition's filesystem on source-device (or the current device if no other device was specified) to the dest partition on the current device. help [command] prints general help, or help on command if specified. mkfs partition fs-type make a filesystem fs-type on partition. fs-type can be one of "FAT", "ext2" or "linux-swap". mklabel label-type Creates a new disklabel (partition table) of label-type. label-type should be one of "bsd", "gpt", "loop", "mac", "mips", "msdos", "pc98" or "sun". mkpart part-type [fs-type] start end make a part-type partition with filesystem fs-type (if specified), beginning at start and ending at end (in megabytes). part-type should be one of "primary", "logical" or "extended" mkpartfs part-type fs-type start end make a part-type partition with filesystem fs-type beginning at start and ending at end (in megabytes) move partition start end move partition to start at start and end at end. Note: move never changes the minor number name partition name set the name of partition to name. This option works only on Mac and PC98 disklabels. The name can be placed in quotes, if necessary print displays the partition table quit exits parted resize partition start end resize the filesystem on partition to start at start and end at end megabytes rm partition deletes partition select device choose device as the current device to edit. device should usually be a Linux hard disk device, but it can be a partition, software raid device or a LVM logical volume if that is necessary set partition flag state change the state of the flag on partition to state. Flags supported are: "boot", "root", "swap", "hidden", "raid", "lvm" and "lba". state should be either "on" or "off" REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-parted@gnu.org> SEE ALSO
fdisk(8), mkfs(8), The parted program is documented fully in the GNU partitioning software manual available via the Info system. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Timshel Knoll <timshel@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). parted 18 Mar, 2002 PARTED(8)