Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Using find -exec with multiple commands :(- Post 302663323 by prithvirao17 on Thursday 28th of June 2012 02:17:23 AM
Old 06-28-2012
Try this

Code:

find . -name "BACKUP_TIMESTAMP.log" -exec ls -l {} \; -exec cat {} \;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exec. commands in python

How would i do if i'd want to execute a command in a python script or programme ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: J.P
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute multiple commands in a find

I am checking that a file is older than a reference file that I build with a touch command before processing it. If it is not old enough, I want to sleep for an hour and check again. My problem is if it is old enough to process, I want to exit when I am done, but I cannot find a way to exit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prismtx
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run two commands from a exec call in a c program

Hi, I have to run two commands one after another from a c program. How can i do this with exec system calls. i tried giving them as argument to execv but it is not working.please help thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryashikha
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command to use multiple -exec options

Hello All, Is there a way to make exec do a couple of operations on a single input from find? For example, find . -type d -exec ls -l "{}" ";" I would like to give the result of each "ls -l" in the above to a wc. Is that possible? I want to ls -l | wc -l inside exec. How do I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasanna1157
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find Exec

Hello All, Is there a way to make exec do a couple of operations on a single input from find? For example, find . -type d -exec ls -l "{}" ";" I would like to give the result of each "ls -l" in the above to a wc. Is that possible? I want to ls -l | wc -l inside... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasanna1157
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run multiple piped commands in a find -exec statement?

I can't get this to work. Running a single command works fine: find . -name "*.dat" -exec wc -l '{}' \; gives me the file name and number of lines in each .dat file in the directory. But what if I want to pipe commands, e.g. to grep something and get the number of lines with that pattern... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DJR
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find -exec with 2 commands doesn't work (error incomplete staement)

Hi Gurues, I need to modify an existing script that uses find to search a folder, and then move its contents to a folder. What I need to do is run gzip on each file after it's moved. So, I ran this little test: Put a ls.tar file on my $HOME, mkdir tmp, and then: virtuo@tnpmprd01: find .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: llagos
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find: missing argument to `-exec' while redirecting using find in perl

Hi Friends, Please help me to sort out this problem, I am running this in centos o/s and whenever I run this script I am getting "find: missing argument to `-exec' " but when I run the same code in the command line I didn't find any problem. I am using perl script to run this ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumarselvam
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run 2 exec commands

I have to create two instances of jBoss 5.1.0 GA. In order to do that I have to execute the following in start-jboss.sh: find . -exec /opt/novell/idm/jboss/bin/run.sh -Djboss.service.binding.set=ports-01 -c IDMProv -b 0.0.0.0 \; -exec /opt/novell/idm/jboss/bin/run.sh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joydeep Ghosh
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Two exec commands in one shell script?

Hi Folks - Is there a way to add two execs to one script? For instance, I need to redirect the stdout and stderr to two separate directories. I want to do this: #::-- Direct STDOUT and STDERROR to repositories --::# exec 2>"${_ERRORFILE}" > "${_LOGFILE}" exec 2>"/new/path/file.err" >... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)