Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to change sequence name in along fasta file? Post 302663237 by baika on Wednesday 27th of June 2012 06:53:10 PM
Old 06-27-2012
Thanks

Thank you very much for such a prompt reply. It is workingSmilie!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how to change the boot sequence?

Hi all, I have solaris and xp installed... Usually solaris occupies the first boot slot. So i wanted to know if it is possible to change the boot sequence to xp first and then solaris? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
5 Replies

2. Red Hat

change the shutdown sequence in red hat linux

Hi, I use red hat linux kernel 2.6 I want to add the application shutdown in shutdown sequence . I add the K script in /etc/rc.d/ all sub directory for all running level . But the auto shutdown application is not appear when I type "shutdown -r now" .. There is no indication the application... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change strt-up sequence of services on SLES10/11

Hi All, I want to change the start-up sequence of services on SLES10/11. I have my own start-up scripts for some services and I want them to start in a particular order(not in alphabetical order) Can anyone help me on this issue? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senrooy
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change strt-up sequence of services on SLES10/11

Hi, Can anyone tell me what the following 2 lines are doing base=${0##*/} link=${base#*} I found this in a start up service script and I think it is giving the service link names which in turn will change the start up sequence of services. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: senrooy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a fasta sequence with start and end coordinates

Hi.. I have a seperate chromosome sequences and i wanted to parse some regions of chromosome based on start site and end site.. how can i achieve this? For Example Chr 1 is in following format I need regions from 2 - 10 should give me AATTCCAAA and in a similar way 15- 25 should give... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: empyrean
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change sequence names in fasta file

I have fasta files with multiple sequences in each. I need to change the sequence name headers from: >accD:_59176-60699 ATGGAAAAGTGGAGGATTTATTCGTTTCAGAAGGAGTTCGAACGCA >atpA_(reverse_strand):_showing_revcomp_of_10525-12048 ATGGTAACCATTCAAGCCGACGAAATTAGTAATCTTATCCGGGAAC... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tyrianthinae
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract sequence from fasta file

Hi, I want to match the sequence id (sub-string of line starting with '>' and extract the information upto next '>' line ). Please help . input > fefrwefrwef X900 AGAGGGAATTGG AGGGGCCTGGAG GGTTCTCTTC > fefrwefrwef X932 AGAGGGAATTGG AGGAGGTGGAG GGTTCTCTTC > fefrwefrwef X937... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count and search by sequence in multiple fasta file

Hello, I have 10 fasta files with sequenced reads information with read sizes from 15 - 35 . I have combined the reads and collapsed in to unique reads and filtered for sizes 18 - 26 bp long unique reads. Now i wanted to count each unique read appearance in all the fasta files and make a table... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: empyrean
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Round up -FASTA file

I have the following script: awk 'FNR==NR{s+=$3;next;} { print $1 , $2, 100*$3/s }' and the following file: >P39PT-1224 Freq 900 cccctacgacggcattggtaatggctcagctgctccggatcccgcaagccatcttggatatgagggttcgtcggcctcttcagccaagg-cccccagcagaacatccagctgatcg >P39PT-784 Freq 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find a specific sequence pattern in a fasta file?

I have to mine the following sequence pattern from a large fasta file namely gene.fasta (contains multiple fasta sequences) along with the flanking sequences of 5 bases at starting position and ending position, AAGCZ-N16-AAGCZ Z represents A, C or G (Except T) N16 represents any of the four... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
3 Replies
smfi_setreply(3N)														 smfi_setreply(3N)

NAME
smfi_setreply() - sets the default SMTP error reply code SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
ctx Specifies the opaque context structure. rcode Specifies the 3-digit (RFC 821/2821) SMTP reply code as a null-terminated string. rcode cannot be set to NULL value. rcode must be a valid or reply code. xcode Specifies the extended (RFC 1893/2034) reply code. An xcode must conform to RFC 1893/2034. If xcode is set to NULL, an extended code is not used. message Specifies the text part of the SMTP reply. If message is set to NULL, an empty message is used. DESCRIPTION
The routine directly sets the SMTP error reply code for a connection. Only and replies are accepted. uses this code on subsequent error replies from the Milter function. can be called from any function except the function. Notes o Values passed to are not checked for standards compliance. o The message parameter must contain only printable characters; other characters may lead to undefined behavior. For example, CR or LF causes the call to fail, a single (percentage) character can cause the text to be ignored. If a (percentage) character must be used in a string, it must be used as o For more information on reply codes and their meanings, see RFC 821, 2821, 1893, or 2034. o If the reply code (rcode) given is a code but is used for the message, the normal reply is not used. If the reply code (rcode) given is a code but is used for the message, the custom reply is not used. In neither of these two cases, an error is returned to the Milter and silently ignores the reply code. o If the Milter returns and sets the reply code to the SMTP server terminates the SMTP session with a error code. RETURN VALUE
fails and returns if the rcode or xcode argument is invalid or a memory allocation failure occurs; otherwise; returns AUTHOR
The routine was developed by the Sendmail Inc. SEE ALSO
smfi_getsymval(3N), smfi_getpriv(3N), smfi_setreply(3N), smfi_setpriv(3N). on smfi_setreply(3N)