Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to change sequence name in along fasta file? Post 302663215 by baika on Wednesday 27th of June 2012 05:31:24 PM
Old 06-27-2012
How to change sequence name in along fasta file?

Hi
I have an alignment file (.fasta) with ~80 sequences. They look like this-

>JV101.contig00066(+):25302-42404|sequence_index=0|block_index=4|species=JV101|JV101_4_0

GAGGTTAATTATCGATAACGTTTAATTAAAGTGTTTAGGTGTCATAATTT
TAAATGACGATTTCTCATTACCATACACCTAAATTATCATCAATCTGAAT
TCAGATGTTTATTATAAAAATTAGATGAAAAATATGTTAATATACAAGTA

>JV501.contig00066(+):24356-42404|sequence_index=0|block_index=4|species=JV501|JV501_4_0
AATGACGATTTAGATGAAAAATAT...

The name of the sequences are too big and I want to just keep JV101, JV501 and delete rest of the words after the dot. I am new to unix, please suggest an easy unix command to do this.

Thanks

Baika

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how to change the boot sequence?

Hi all, I have solaris and xp installed... Usually solaris occupies the first boot slot. So i wanted to know if it is possible to change the boot sequence to xp first and then solaris? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
5 Replies

2. Red Hat

change the shutdown sequence in red hat linux

Hi, I use red hat linux kernel 2.6 I want to add the application shutdown in shutdown sequence . I add the K script in /etc/rc.d/ all sub directory for all running level . But the auto shutdown application is not appear when I type "shutdown -r now" .. There is no indication the application... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change strt-up sequence of services on SLES10/11

Hi All, I want to change the start-up sequence of services on SLES10/11. I have my own start-up scripts for some services and I want them to start in a particular order(not in alphabetical order) Can anyone help me on this issue? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senrooy
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change strt-up sequence of services on SLES10/11

Hi, Can anyone tell me what the following 2 lines are doing base=${0##*/} link=${base#*} I found this in a start up service script and I think it is giving the service link names which in turn will change the start up sequence of services. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: senrooy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a fasta sequence with start and end coordinates

Hi.. I have a seperate chromosome sequences and i wanted to parse some regions of chromosome based on start site and end site.. how can i achieve this? For Example Chr 1 is in following format I need regions from 2 - 10 should give me AATTCCAAA and in a similar way 15- 25 should give... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: empyrean
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change sequence names in fasta file

I have fasta files with multiple sequences in each. I need to change the sequence name headers from: >accD:_59176-60699 ATGGAAAAGTGGAGGATTTATTCGTTTCAGAAGGAGTTCGAACGCA >atpA_(reverse_strand):_showing_revcomp_of_10525-12048 ATGGTAACCATTCAAGCCGACGAAATTAGTAATCTTATCCGGGAAC... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tyrianthinae
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract sequence from fasta file

Hi, I want to match the sequence id (sub-string of line starting with '>' and extract the information upto next '>' line ). Please help . input > fefrwefrwef X900 AGAGGGAATTGG AGGGGCCTGGAG GGTTCTCTTC > fefrwefrwef X932 AGAGGGAATTGG AGGAGGTGGAG GGTTCTCTTC > fefrwefrwef X937... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count and search by sequence in multiple fasta file

Hello, I have 10 fasta files with sequenced reads information with read sizes from 15 - 35 . I have combined the reads and collapsed in to unique reads and filtered for sizes 18 - 26 bp long unique reads. Now i wanted to count each unique read appearance in all the fasta files and make a table... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: empyrean
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Round up -FASTA file

I have the following script: awk 'FNR==NR{s+=$3;next;} { print $1 , $2, 100*$3/s }' and the following file: >P39PT-1224 Freq 900 cccctacgacggcattggtaatggctcagctgctccggatcccgcaagccatcttggatatgagggttcgtcggcctcttcagccaagg-cccccagcagaacatccagctgatcg >P39PT-784 Freq 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find a specific sequence pattern in a fasta file?

I have to mine the following sequence pattern from a large fasta file namely gene.fasta (contains multiple fasta sequences) along with the flanking sequences of 5 bases at starting position and ending position, AAGCZ-N16-AAGCZ Z represents A, C or G (Except T) N16 represents any of the four... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
3 Replies
AMPLICONNOISE(1)					    AmpliconNoise Documentation 					  AMPLICONNOISE(1)

NAME
AmpliconNoise - remove noise from high throughput nucleotide sequence data VERSION
This documentation refers to version 1.22 SYNOPSIS
See /usr/share/doc/ampliconnoise/Doc.pdf.gz for details of how to run. DESCRIPTION
The following tools are included. Most of them have an MPI equivalent, for example SeqNoise has an equivalent SeqNoiseM which can be used with mpirun. FastaUnique - dereplicates fasta file -in string input file name Options: FCluster -in string distance input file name -out string output file stub Options: -r resolution -a average linkage -w use weights -i read identifiers -s scale dist. NDist - pairwise Needleman-Wunsch sequence distance matrix from a fasta file -in string fata file name Options: -i output identifiers Perseus - slays monsters -sin string seq file name Options: -tin string reference sequence file -a output alignments -d use imbalance -rin string lookup file name PyroDist - pairwise distance matrix from flowgrams -in string flow file name -out stub out file stub Options: -ni no index in dat file -rin string lookup file name PyroNoise - clusters flowgrams without alignments -din string flow file name -out string cluster input file name -lin string list file Options: -v verbose -c double initial cut-off -ni no index in dat file -s double precision -rin file lookup file name SeqDist - pairwise distance matrix from a fasta file -in string fasta file name Options: -i output identifiers -rin string lookup file name SeqNoise - clusters sequences -in string sequence file name -din string distance matrix file name -out string cluster input file name -lin string list file Options: -min mapping file -v verbose -c double initial cut-off -s double precision -rin string lookup file name SplitClusterEven -din string dat filename -min string map filename -tin string tree filename -s split size -m min size AUTHOR
All software by Chris Quince (quince@civil.gla.ac.uk) This manpage by Tim Booth (tbooth@ceh.ac.uk) LICENCE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2009 (quince@civil.gla.ac.uk). All rights reserved. Released under the Lesser GPL. Permission is granted for anyone to copy, use, or modify these programs and documents for purposes of research or education, provided this copyright notice is retained, and note is made of any changes that have been made. perl v5.12.4 2011-04-28 AMPLICONNOISE(1)