Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Perl one liner to replace text Post 302663125 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 27th of June 2012 03:23:28 PM
Old 06-27-2012
-i means "in place" But. It requires that the original file be removed and 1 is stdout to perl.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace/Remove not specific text in perl

Hello, Consider that i have many files that have the below format: file1 900 7777 1000 5 6 23 nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn 1100 kkkkkkk file2 900 1989 1000 5 3 10 kkkdfdfdffd 1100 kkkkkkk What i would like to do is on every file to search the line that starts with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk multiple-line search and replace one-liner

Hi I am trying to search and replace a multi line pattern in a php file using awk. The pattern starts with <div id="navbar"> and ends with </div> and spans over an unknown number of lines. I need the command to be a one liner. I use the "record separator" like this : awk -v... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: louisJ
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace regex Perl one liner to AWK one liner

Thanks for giving your time and effort to answer questions and helping newbies like me understand awk. I have a huge file, millions of lines, so perl takes quite a bit of time, I'd like to convert these perl one liners to awk. Basically I'd like all lines with ISA sandwiched between... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: verge
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl : replace multiline text between two marker points

Hi there I just wondered if someone could give me some perl advice I have a bunch of text files used for a wiki that have common headings such as ---++ Title blah ---++ Summary blah ---++ Details Here is the multiline block of text I wish to (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace awk with a perl one liner (REGEXP and FS)

hello, I want to replace awk with a perl one liner in unix. i use in awk REGEX and FS ( field separator) because awk syntaxes in different unix os versions have not the same behaviour. Awk, Nawk and GNU Awk Cheat Sheet - good coders code, great reuse i have a file named "file" and want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bora99
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to replace the text in the original file

Hi Folks, I have an html file which contains the below line in the body tagI am trying the replace hello with Hello Giridhar programatically. <body> <P><STRONG><FONT face="comic sans ms,cursive,sans-serif"><EM>Hello</EM></FONT></STRONG></P> </body> I have written the below code to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell or perl script to replace XML text in bulk

Hi, I am looking for assistance over shell or perl (without XML twig module) which replace string in XML file under particular branch..example of code file sample.. Exact requirment : Replace "Su saldo es" in below file with "Your balance" but only in XML branch of Text id=98 and Text Id=12... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashu_099
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What awk 1-liner will replace value in 1stField of a delimited file with the value of '5' ?

Hi, I am a newbie to awk. Here is my problem. Looking for an awk 1-liner to solve it: My Computing Environment: - Solaris10 - I prefer to use csh or sh shells 1. Lets say my input file is File1.dat (delimter = | ) and looks as follows: (File1.dat) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andy b
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL one liner

hi, I am using PERL one liner for oracle database connection as : $PERL -e "use DBI; DBI->connect(qw(DBI:Oracle:SID user passwd));" is there a way to append select statement to this connection ? i.e. DB connection and select stmt in one line ? how to do sysdba connection using one lines... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talashil
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: batch replace a portion of text in files

Hi all, What I would like to achieve is to batch change the code below in every pdf in a given directory (each pdf is uncompressed so that can be easily edited). An example of the javascript code: if (this.hostContainer) { try { this.hostContainer.postMessage(pp_216', 15259]);... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: menteith
3 Replies
GPIV_GETBIT(1)						      General Commands Manual						    GPIV_GETBIT(1)

NAME
gpiv_getbit - Image processing program for PIV images. SYNOPSIS
gpiv_getbit [-b N] [-h | --help] [-p | --print] [-v | --version] [filename] < stdin > stdout DESCRIPTION
gpiv_getbit get the N least significant bits and moves them to most the significant bits. This results that a weak image signal (pixels of low value) is amplified while the high signal within the image will be removed. The parameters read from the configuration resources (containing the key GPIV_IMGPROC) may be overruled by the command line options, as explained below. Options -b N Defines the bit number [0, .., 7]. Signal from 0 to N will be shifted. -h | --help On-line help -v | --version Print version information on standard output, then exit successfully. filename Input image filename. Overrides stdin and stdout with the full filename of the image. Output will be written to filename.png. Param- eters are stored in filename.par and may be used for future use by including them in ./gpivrc. If stdin and stdout are used, the input is expected to be a PNG formatted image. SEE ALSO gpivtools AUTHOR
Gerber Van der Graaf 7 November 2006 GPIV_GETBIT(1)