Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find time difference
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Find time difference Post 302663027 by wnaguib on Wednesday 27th of June 2012 12:29:56 PM
Old 06-27-2012
Dear Vbe

I really dont like your way of conversation,its so offensive.
As stated before this is the first time for me to touch unix scripting ,i have never ever worked or even opened a file and this is my 3rd day learning .

So be patient on me and there is no use for you to be attacking .

I was not given the basic info as you see .

Being a Mod doesnt mean you can attack in such way, i request you to delete your post.

Regards,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find the time difference between two lines of the same log file

Hello Friends, I want to write a script for the following: nlscux62:tibprod> grep "2008 Apr 30 01:" SA_EHV_SPEED_SFC_IN_03-SA_EHV_SPEED_SFC_IN_03-2.log | grep -i post | more 2008 Apr 30 01:01:23:928 GMT +2 SAPAdapter.SA_EHV_SPEED_SFC_IN_03-SA_EHV_SPEED_SFC_IN_03-2 Info AER3-000095 IDOC... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyakam
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to find the time difference between the lines

Hi guru's, Am new to shell scripting. I am getting the below o/p from the oracle database, when I fire a query. ID JOB_ID ELAPSED_TIME FROM TO ----- ------ ------------------- -------- -------- 62663 11773 01/06/2009 09:49:13 SA CM 62664 11773 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathik
4 Replies

3. AIX

How to find time difference between 2 timestamps?

HI All, can some one please help me how to fine the difference between two time stamps say a= Nov 10, 2009 9:21:25 AM b= Nov 10, 2009 10:21:25 AM I want to find difference between the a & b I googled and tried with some options but no luck. My OS is AIX (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bandlan9
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Time difference in Unix

Hi, START_TIME :- "10-NOV-2009 00:00:04" STOP_TIME :- "10-NOV-2009 00:05:47" Please help to find difference between these two. Searched for the same topic but did not find an answer for the same time format :( Regards, Robin (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: robinbannis
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate time difference between start and end time of a process!

Hello All, I have a problem calculating the time difference between start and end timings...! the timings are given by 24hr format.. Start Date : 08/05/10 12:55 End Date : 08/09/10 06:50 above values are in mm/dd/yy hh:mm format. Now the thing is, 7th(08/07/10) and... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find time difference between two consecutive lines in same file.

Hello I have a file in following format: IV 08:09:07 NM 08:12:01 IC 08:12:00 MN 08:14:20 NM 08:14:15 I need a script to compare time on each line with previous line and show the inconsecutive line. Ex.: 08:12:00 08:14:15 A better way... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilibit
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find time difference?

I have a file wich contains time formats and i need to get the time difference TIME1 TIME2 ================================== 20120624192555.6Z 20120624204006.5Z which means first date 2012/6/24 19:25:55,second date 2012/6/24 20:40:06 so when i get the time... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wnaguib
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find time difference based on logfile

Hi All, Firstly thank you for the forum members I need to find time difference b'w two rows of timestamp using awk/shell. Here is the logfile: cat business_file start:skdjh:22:06:2010:10:30:22 sdfnskjoeirg wregn'wergnoeirnfqoeitgherg end:siifneworigo:22:06:2010:10:45:34... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Srinivas Gadi
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to find time difference between HTTP PUT and HTTP DELETE requests in access.log

Hi, I'm trying to write a script to determine the time gap between HTTP PUT and HTTP DELETE requests in the HTTP Servers access log. Normally client will do HTTP PUT to push content e.g. file_1.txt and 21 seconds later it will do HTTP DELETE, but sometimes the time varies causing some issues... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

In HP-UX how to find the date time difference ?

Hello, In HP-UX how to find the date time difference ? Start time: 28-APR-2019 21:36:01 End time : 29-APR-2019 00:36:04 ---------------------- Difference is ---------------------- Much appreciate any pointer or view on this. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
3 Replies
FORTUNE(6)							 BSD Games Manual							FORTUNE(6)

NAME
fortune -- print a random, hopefully interesting, adage SYNOPSIS
fortune [-aefilosw] [-m pattern] [[N%] file/dir/all] DESCRIPTION
When fortune is run with no arguments it prints out a random epigram. Epigrams are divided into several categories, where each category is subdivided into those which are potentially offensive and those which are not. The options are as follows: -a Choose from all lists of maxims, both offensive and not. (See the -o option for more information on offensive fortunes.) -e Consider all fortune files to be of equal size (see discussion below on multiple files). -f Print out the list of files which would be searched, but don't print a fortune. -l Long dictums only. -m Print out all fortunes which match the regular expression pattern. See regex(3) for a description of patterns. -o Choose only from potentially offensive aphorisms. Please, please, please request a potentially offensive fortune if and only if you believe, deep down in your heart, that you are willing to be offended. (And that if you are, you'll just quit using -o rather than give us grief about it, okay?) ... let us keep in mind the basic governing philosophy of The Brotherhood, as handsomely summarized in these words: we believe in healthy, hearty laughter -- at the expense of the whole human race, if needs be. Needs be. --H. Allen Smith, "Rude Jokes" -s Short apothegms only. -i Ignore case for -m patterns. -w Wait before termination for an amount of time calculated from the number of characters in the message. This is useful if it is exe- cuted as part of the logout procedure to guarantee that the message can be read before the screen is cleared. The user may specify alternate sayings. You can specify a specific file, a directory which contains one or more files, or the special word all which says to use all the standard databases. Any of these may be preceded by a percentage, which is a number N between 0 and 100 inclu- sive, followed by a %. If it is, there will be a N percent probability that an adage will be picked from that file or directory. If the percentages do not sum to 100, and there are specifications without percentages, the remaining percent will apply to those files and/or directories, in which case the probability of selecting from one of them will be based on their relative sizes. As an example, given two databases funny and not-funny, with funny twice as big, saying fortune funny not-funny will get you fortunes out of funny two-thirds of the time. The command fortune 90% funny 10% not-funny will pick out 90% of its fortunes from funny (the ``10% not-funny'' is unnecessary, since 10% is all that's left). The -e option says to consider all files equal; thus fortune -e is equivalent to fortune 50% funny 50% not -funny FILES
/usr/share/fortune SEE ALSO
regex(3), regcmp(3), BSD
April 19, 1994 BSD