Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Display n lines after match found and other line Post 302662707 by nsuresh316 on Wednesday 27th of June 2012 03:17:45 AM
Old 06-27-2012
As per my previous input the pattern[claimno] comes 7 lines after search pattern[InsuredName].
I want to print the address1 under InsuredName & ClaimNO.But input scenario is different
Code:
The pattern ClaimNO comes anywhere in the File

Code:
DoctorName
Address1
Address2
DOB
InsuredName
Address1
Address2
DOB
ClaimNo1
PatientName
Address1
Address2
DOB
DoctorName
Address1
Address2
DOB
ClaimNo2
InsuredName
Address1
Address2
DOB
PatientName
Address1
Address2
DOB

Code:
My shell is csh

Last edited by nsuresh316; 07-16-2012 at 10:28 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

if match found go to a particular line in perl

Hello Experts, I am newbie to perl, just curious to know how to do the following in perl. suppose I ve a txt file like below. when it founds "*Main Start" Then go to "*Main End,,,,,,,," patteren and just collect the number from the previous line of "*Main End,,,,,,," pattern . In my... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
17 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep and display n lines after the match is found.

Hello, How do I use grep to find a pattern in a list of file and then display 5 lines after the pattern is matched Eg: I want to match the string GetPresentCode in all files in a folder and then see 4 lines following this match. I am not sure if grep is what should be used to achieve. Thanks!... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cv_pan
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk display the match and 2 lines after the match is found.

Hello, can someone help me how to find a word and 2 lines after it and then send the output to another file. For example, here is myfile1.txt. I want to search for "Error" and 2 lines below it and send it to myfile2.txt I tried with grep -A but it's not supported on my system. I tried with awk,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eurouno
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display n lines before match found

I have a file with following data A B C D E F G H I K L M N and search pattern is G Expected output (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsuresh316
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display lines after match is found within specified range

I have a file which has collection of segments occuring n(For eg.100) times ISA GS ST NM1*85 N3 N4 NM1*IL N3 N4 REF*D9*1001 ISE GE SE ISA GS ST NM1*85 N3 (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsuresh316
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying text till pattern match found in a line

Hi All, From the below line if we want to display all the text till found pattern dot/. I was trying with the below code but couldn't able to print text before the pattern. it display texts which is found after pattern. awk '/assed/{print;getline;print}' file_name | sed 's/^*. *//' input... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep multiple exact match, do not display lines

Hi, Need help to grep the following from a file x. I just want to grep exact match not lines and not partial word. CONFSUCCESS CONFFAIL CONFPARTIALSUCCESS >cat x xczxczxczc zczczcxx CONFSUCCESS czczczcczc czxxczxzxczcczc CONFFAIL xczxczcxcczczc zczczczcz CONFPARTIALSUCCESS czczxcxzc ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshwebspere
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk - (URGENT!) Print lines sort and move lines if match found

URGENT HELP IS NEEDED!! I am looking to move matching lines (01 - 07) from File1 and 77 tab the matching string from File2, to File3.txt. I am almost done but - Currently, script is not printing lines to File3.txt in order. - Also the matching lines are not moving out of File1.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: High-T
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the entire line if the mentioned match is found?

Hello Everyone, I have a file with 5 fields in each line just like mentioned below. Also the 4th field is time elapsed(hh:mm:ss) since the process is running xyz abc status 23:00:00 idle abc def status 24:00:00 idle def gji status 27:00:02 idle fgh gty status 00:00:00 idle Here I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add comment on last line if found match

Hi All, totally new on it , normally use it for just 1 line. i'm looking for help. i'm have 2 file. file 1 : -------------------------------------------------- c12 c1 c3 -------------------------------------------------- file 2: other content ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kttan
10 Replies
TEXT2PS(L)																TEXT2PS(L)

NAME
text2ps - convert text files to PostScript SYNOPSIS
text2ps [ options ] [ files ] DESCRIPTION
Text2ps reads the input files (standard input if none are specified) and produces PostScript code which, when fed to a PostScript printer, will print the files. With text2ps it is possible to select any font, point size and number of columns. Options and files can be inter- mixed on the command line. Options are effective for all following files until they are overridden. Options Here follows a list of options that text2ps recognizes. Most numeric arguments are significant to one decimal place. Options are evalu- ated from left to right. Later options override earlier ones. -# n Print n copies of each page. (Default 1.) -c n Print in n columns. (Default 1.) -f font Print using font font. (Default Courier.) -p n Print with point size n. (Default 9.) -v n Use a vertical spacing of n points. If the vertical spacing is set to 0, the spacing will be 1.2 times the point size. (Default 0.) -l n Print n lines per column. When the line count is 0, print as many lines as will fit. (Default 0.) -r [p|l] Set the orientation to either portrait mode (p) or landscape mode (l). (Default p.) -b [+|-] Set page break mode. An argument + will force new files to be always printed on a new page (this is the default). After - new files will be put on the same page if there are still empty columns and the number of columns, the orientation or the number of copies didn't change. New files always start new columns. (Default -.) -mt n The top margin is n points. (Default 63.) -mb n The bottom margin is n points. (Default 63.) -ml n The left margin is n points. (Default 59.) -mr n The right margin is n points. (Default 59.) -mg n The inter-column gap is n points. (Default 25.) -t [+|-] If the argument is + the name of the file being printed will be printed on each page. If the argument is - the file name will not be printed. -t + implies -b +. -T text Print text as title on each page. This implies -t - and -b +. This option can be switched off by specifying -t - or -t +. (Default no title.) -F font Set the title font to font. (Default Helvetica.) -P n Set the title point size to n. (Default 12.) -B n Draw borders around each page. The number n specifies how to draw borders. N can have any of the following values or-ed in: 1 Draw a line along the left of the page. 2 Draw a line along the bottom of the page. 4 Draw a line along the right of the page. 8 Draw a line along the top of the page. 16 Draw a line between columns. This line does not connect to the lines along the top or bottom. 32 Draw a connecting line between the line between columns and the line along the top. 64 Draw a connecting line between the line between columns and the line along the bottom. When n is 0, no border lines are drawn. (Default no bordering lines.) -w n Tab stops are set every n spaces. Set the width of the TAB character. (Default 8.) -1 Sets up options to print in one column in portrait mode with the Courier font, so that you get 66 lines on a page. Equivalent to specifying the options -c 1 -f Courier -p 9 -v 0 -r p -l 0 -mt 63 -mb 63 -ml 59 -mr 59. This is the default. -2 Sets up options to print in two columns in landscape mode with the Courier font, so that you get two 66-line columns on a page. Equivalent to specifying the options -c 2 -f Courier -p 6 -v 0 -r l -l 0 -mt 63 -mb 63 -ml 59 -mr 59 -mg 25. Together with the -1 option, this is probably the most useful option. The name - means standard input. BUGS
Too many options. There is no way to specify where the title will be placed. If the font being used is not a constant width font and there are other characters than just tabs and spaces in front of a tab, the next character may not align properly. TEXT2PS(L)