Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: If with sed loop question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting If with sed loop question Post 302662367 by Corona688 on Tuesday 26th of June 2012 12:23:45 PM
Old 06-26-2012
Useless Use of Cat

Useless Use of grep | awk

Also, this loop looks very inefficient.

If you show the input you have and the output you want, there's probably much better ways to do it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop question

hi, how would i go about making a loop which gets each line from a single text file, set it to a variable and then print it to screen? thanks eg: #!/bin/sh FILE="somefile.txt" text_line="" what kind of loop would use here? (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: strike
18 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

while loop question

while do print What is the next device number to be added to $dgroup? print Press \<Enter\> if there are no more devices to be added. read dev_num export dev_num symld -g $dgroup -sid $sname add dev $dev_num done In this while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stepnkev
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

For Loop Question

Hi, I am writing a bash shell script. I will have a section of code devoted to a for loop: for FILE in *.hdf *.L2; do echo hello world done The complication is that sometimes there will not be any files with a ".hdf" extension, or sometimes there won't be any with a ".L2" extension. Since... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop question ???

Hi I want to take an input untill the user presses 'n' or 'N' and run a command based on the input I want to store the output of the command in a file called output.txt ( append mode ). Please tell the script for the same. Here is the psuedocode while ( n or N pressed ) do read var run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH loop inside a loop question

Hi all Sorry for the basic question, but i am writing a shell script to get around a slightly flaky binary that ships with one of our servers. This particular utility randomly generates the correct information and could work first time or may work on the 12th or 100th attempt etc !.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

For Loop Question

I'm improving the way an existing script handles arrays, but the results aren't what I had in mind: e="Too many consecutive errors... System is probably unstable!" e="Cancelable Timer Wait Failed!" for errcd in ${e} do echo ${errcd} done The for loop interprets the spaces... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ironhalo
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop question

hey guys what im trying to do is do a simple script that will ask for a password and on the 5th time it says access denied if the right password is still not entered this is what i have so far can anyone help me im not good with scripting thanks in advance #!/bin/bash secretname=secret... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: randallrivy11
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop question

Hi, I'm trying to put together a small script that will read a txt file that contains a list of two columns. Each column is the name of a folder.. e.g. AIX Server1 AIX Server2 AIX Server3 $ for i in `cat /opt/apacheprod/scripts/input/copy_list.txt` do PLATFORMVAR=`awk ' { print $1 } '... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop Question

Hi, I have a requirement where I have to check for 10 files in Unix location. If all of the files present in that directory then i have execute another process. can you help me resolving this issue. sample location /home/usr abc.txt cde.txt aaaa.txt lll.txt ooo.txt if all the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manasvi24
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

If loop question

Hi I have script if ; then echo "Found Node" else echo "Sorry this is not a node" I need to add conditions "nn" ,"rm", and "hh" in the same line along with "hd" .Can this be done or do I need to use elif (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dublin4320
1 Replies
uri_urn(n)					    Tcl Uniform Resource Identifier Management						uri_urn(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uri_urn - URI utilities, URN scheme SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require uri::urn ?1.1.2? uri::urn::quote url uri::urn::unquote url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides two commands to quote and unquote the disallowed characters for url using the urn scheme, registers the scheme with the package uri, and provides internal helpers which will be automatically used by the commands uri::split and uri::join of package uri to handle urls using the urn scheme. COMMANDS
uri::urn::quote url This command quotes the characters disallowed by the urn scheme (per RFC 2141 sec2.2) in the url and returns the modified url as its result. uri::urn::unquote url This commands performs the reverse of ::uri::urn::quote. It takes an urn url, removes the quoting from all disallowed characters, and returns the modified urls as its result. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category uri of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
rfc 2141, uri, url, urn CATEGORY
Networking uri 1.1.2 uri_urn(n)