Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copying files based on a pattern Post 302662221 by 969murali@gmail on Tuesday 26th of June 2012 10:43:42 AM
Old 06-26-2012
Thanks for your reply

I have excuted the below command as below and got below error
Code:
find /start -name 'MIM_110' -exec ls {} \;
find: 0652-019 The status on /start is not valid.

I need these files copy to anohter palce

please help me in this,this is bit urgent

Last edited by radoulov; 06-26-2012 at 11:51 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copying files from one location to another based on a list

I have a text list of about 3,000 file names (image files), which exist on a server and that I want to copy over to another location. I understand the Unix cp code, but what's the string to have it copy multiple files based on an external list? Many thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rebornhonest
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copying a pattern of files in one directory into other with new pattern names...

Hi, I have to copy a set of files abc* in /path/ to /path1/ as abc*_bkp. The list of files appear as follows in /path/: abc1 xyszd abc2 re2345 abcx .. . abcxyz I have to copy them (abc* files only) into /path1/ as: abc1_bkp abc2_bkp abcx_bkp .. . (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_learner
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Moving multiple files based on the pattern

I want to search for a particular file name patterns and move them to a specific folder, is it possible to do it with awk or sed? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List only files based on a pattern

Hi Gurus, I need to list only the files with out certain extension. For eg from the following list of files: I need to only list: Thanks Shash (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine 3 files based on a pattern

HI, I have 3 files that contain the following information (sql output from Oracle database stored in a txt file): File1.txt : alter table "SYS"."INT_COST_PRICE" enable row movement; alter table "SYS"."INT_SOH" enable row movement; alter table "SYSMAN"."XX_ACI_SKURTP" enable row movement;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rparavastu
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files with a specific pattern

Hi All I am trying to copy files from one location to another and given below are some sample ones: aaa_bbb_ccc_ddd_cost_code_20140330.gz aaa_bbb_ccc_ddd_revenue_zone_20140329.gz aaa_bbb_ccc_ddd_benefit_extract_20140330.csv.gz aaa_bbb_ccc_ddd_profit_zone_20150509.csv.gz... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
17 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving old files based on pattern

Hi all I am trying to loop through a directory of files using a given search pattern. some of the files will be duplicated due to the pattern, but of the duplicate files i wanted to move the older files to another location. Is there any straightforward way of doing this ? One of ways I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sthapa
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding all files based on pattern

Hi All, I need to find all files in a directory which are containing specific pattern. Thing is that file name should not consider if pattern is only in commented area. all contents which are under /* */ are commented all lines which are starting with -- or if -- is a part of some sentence... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files to directories based on first 6 character

guys, i did create a script but its too long, though it function the same. # cat nightlyscan.sh #!/usr/ksh deyt=`date +"%Y-%m-%d"` for i in `ls -lrt|grep $deyt|awk '{print $9}'` do cp -f $i /S1/Sophos/logger/ done # but i did not paste it all. this is the desired. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract date from files based on file pattern

I want to extract dates from the files and i have different types of files with pattern. I have list file with the patterns and want to date extract based on it in a sh script Files in the directory : file1_20160101.txt file2_20160101_abc.txt filexyz20160101.txt list file with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lijjumathew
2 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)