Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sendmail with attachment not working Post 302662171 by cabrao on Tuesday 26th of June 2012 09:21:24 AM
Old 06-26-2012
Why everyone allways try to reinvent the wheel Smilie

Why dont you use something like this:
Code:
http://caspian.dotconf.net/menu/Software/SendEmail/

Hope it helps you Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

attachment using sendmail

Hi, I use the sendmail command to send automatic e-mail in my control programs, but I'd like to know if there's a non interactive way to send an attachment, like a small text file through sendmail command. I didn't find a way in the man, so anyone has already done it?.. give an example for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vastare
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using Sendmail (& attachment)

Hi, This is my first thread. Iam trying the following: OS: Sun Database: DB2, Informix, Oracle * Get the status of the database (using database command line options) * pipe to a text file * send mail of the text file to receiptents. TODO1: First step i tried to send a test message.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenkanya
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail attachment problem

Hello, i am sending email with following command. The problem is the attachment is displayed as inline text instead of a file attached to email. What should i do? I don't have chance to install new binaries to the server (SunOS) ( \ echo From: Sender ; \ echo Subject: Testing ; \... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yakari
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendmail attachment issue

Hi All,, After long time, might be this is nth time post on this forum for the same query...but i tried browsing for sometime and i did not get what i wanted :) i have following syntax in my shell scripting.. (cat filename.txt uuencode attachment attachment)|/usr/lib/sendmail -t... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shahul
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail with HTML body and attachment

I have an HTML file I am currently sending in the body of an email. I now have a need to send a csv attachment along with it. I can ONLY use sendmail as mutt and xmail etc are not on the server. Here is what I am currently using: It is possible to add code to add an attachment ??!? { ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: atelford
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send attachment through sendmail

Hi, I am trying to send log file of a job run in unix machince through sendmail.Though I am able to send the text but it is not sending as attachment. Could you please look into the code and let me know where I have gone wrong fdate=`date %Y%j`... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail with attachment

Hello people, I only have sendmail and uuencode on a Oracle (RH) linux server. While: /usr/bin/uuencode awr.html awr.html | /usr/sbin/sendmail myemail@company.com Is working fine, the ideal for me is to do something like: echo "To: me@company.com" > /home/vasilis/msg.txt echo "Subject: DB... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail cmd for html body and attachment not working

Hi, I am having trouble in sending a mail with html body and attachment (csv file). We don't have uuencode or mutt (not allowed to install as well) The below code is perfectly working for sending the html body alone: export MAILTO=abc@xyz.com export CONTENT="/home/abc/list.html"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: close2jay
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with attachment in sendmail

Hi Folks I have below code, which is able to successfully send the content of the output file as html which is body, but i did tried uuencode & mailx -a for sending attachments but to no avail. cat - ${Output_File} <<EOF| /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -t #From: ${MAILFROM} To: ${MAILTO} Subject:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
5 Replies
CALIBRE-SMTP(1) 						      calibre							   CALIBRE-SMTP(1)

NAME
calibre-smtp - part of calibre SYNOPSIS
calibre-smtp [options] [from to text] DESCRIPTION
Send mail using the SMTP protocol. calibre-smtp has two modes of operation. In the compose mode you specify from to and text and these are used to build and send an email message. In the filter mode, calibre-smtp reads a complete email message from STDIN and sends it. text is the body of the email message. If text is not specified, a complete email message is read from STDIN. from is the email address of the sender and to is the email address of the recipient. When a complete email is read from STDIN, from and to are only used in the SMTP negotiation, the message headers are not modified. Whenever you pass arguments to calibre-smtp that have spaces in them, enclose the arguments in quotation marks. OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -l, --localhost Host name of localhost. Used when connecting to SMTP server. -o, --outbox Path to maildir folder to store failed email messages in. -f, --fork Fork and deliver message in background. If you use this option, you should also use --outbox to handle delivery failures. -t, --timeout Timeout for connection -v, --verbose Be more verbose COMPOSE MAIL Options to compose an email. Ignored if text is not specified -a, --attachment File to attach to the email -s, --subject Subject of the email SMTP RELAY Options to use an SMTP relay server to send mail. calibre will try to send the email directly unless --relay is specified. -r, --relay An SMTP relay server to use to send mail. --port Port to connect to on relay server. Default is to use 465 if encryption method is SSL and 25 otherwise. -u, --username Username for relay -p, --password Password for relay -e, --encryption-method Encryption method to use when connecting to relay. Choices are TLS, SSL and NONE. Default is TLS. WARNING: Choosing NONE is highly insecure SEE ALSO
The User Manual is available at http://manual.calibre-ebook.com Created by Kovid Goyal <kovid@kovidgoyal.net> calibre-smtp (calibre 0.8.51) January 2013 CALIBRE-SMTP(1)