Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ambiguous error
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ambiguous error Post 302662159 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 26th of June 2012 08:50:54 AM
Old 06-26-2012
line is a command in Linux - newer bash versions complain when you use a command as variable.

line means read one line from stdin - the standard input device

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting Ambiguous error on kill -9 @pid from csh

Hello all i have simple script that executing program every 10 seconds im invoke this script as daemon with second script that put it in the background this is my first script (IsAliveTester.csh) #!/bin/csh -f @ iSleep = 10 set processName = "ClientTester" while(1) $processName ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

`ls -l`: Ambiguous

Hi, I'm trying to code a simple script (c-shell) on a Solaris box and I'm getting an "Ambiguous" error. These are the lines that cause the error: On c-shell: > set var = "" > @ var = `ls -l` `ls -l`: Ambiguous However if I change the second line to: > set var = `ls -l` This works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Guillermo Lopez
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ambiguous and Command not found Error in UNIX

Hi,All I wrote below script(Example1.sh) and i ran but it giveing error. it's excuted yesterday. SYSTEM_TIME=`date '+%H:%M:%S'` CMP_LOG_TIME=`head -1 runcmp-HINET.log` CMP_ENDED1=`grep 'HINET CMP ended' runcmp-HINET.log` CMP_ENDED2=`echo "HINET CMP ended"` CMP_FAILED2=`echo "HINET... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ambiguous and Command not found Error in UNIX

Hi,All I wrote below script(Example1.sh) and i ran but i got error. it's excuted yesterday. SYSTEM_TIME=`date '+%H:%M:%S'` CMP_LOG_TIME=`head -1 runcmp-HINET.log` CMP_ENDED1=`grep 'HINET CMP ended' runcmp-HINET.log` CMP_ENDED2=`echo "HINET CMP ended"` CMP_FAILED2=`echo "HINET CMP... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ambiguous output redirect error

Hi everyone, While I was trying to do DATE=`date +"%Y%m%d_%H%M%S"` STARTLOG=$TUXSTDDIR/start_$DATE.log tmboot -y > $STARTLOG 2>&1 I got an error i.e. Ambiguous output redirect error. Here the first part is to boot the account so there is nothing wrong with that.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshan
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ambiguous redirect error

This script has ambiguous redirect error. ... cd $HOME cd folder/work # search all subfolders in work directory find -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1 -type d | while read directory do CUR_FOLDER="${directory#"./"}" cd $CUR_FOLDER chmod 644 * for ff in *; do if ; then ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: candyme
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ambiguous command

I have run the following command and getting $fout: Ambiguous. set fout = `echo "$fnameLst" | awk '{gsub(/-dc*/,""); print}' | sort -u` (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

8. Linux

Ambiguous redirect error and syntax error when using on multiple files

Hi, I need help on following linux bash script. When I linux commands for loop or while loop on individual file it runs great. but now I want the script to run on N number of files so it gives me ambiguous redirect error on line 12 and syntax error on line 22 : (pls help ); #!/bin/bash #... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madhusudan Das
16 Replies

9. Red Hat

ISO C++ ambiguous error

String.h has the following operator overloading function which is an user defined //declaration int operator==(char *ch) //definition int String::operator==(char *ch) { if (strcmp(_text, ch) == 0) { return TRUE; } else { ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dany2704
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

$1”: ambiguous redirect

New to the site, please let me know I'm not meeting the post guidelines. I'm creating a bash script to generate a report with output from a grep command. The goal is to direct the output to a different log file by using a 'logger file'. But I get this error during the run: $1: ambiguous... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dallas88
5 Replies
KC(1)							      General Commands Manual							     KC(1)

NAME
kc - generate C code from Kimwitu input SYNOPSIS
kc [ file.k ... ] kc --version DESCRIPTION
kc reads the abstract syntax definition, function definitions, rewrite rules and unparse rules from the files given on the command line, or from the standard input if no file arguments were given, and generates for each file.k input file a pair of file.c and a file.h files that contain the translation of the functions defined in the corresponding file.k, in addition to the files that are always generated: csgiok.[ch], rk.[ch] and unpk.[ch] files, that contain respectively the CSGIO-, the rewrite- and the unparse-functions, and the k.c and k.h files that contain the grammar tables and the remaining `default' functions. If no command line file arguments are given, the translation of the user-defined functions will be generated in stdin.[ch] files. kc does not unnecessarily overwrite a file: if a file would be overwritten with its own (identical) contents, it will not be touched. This makes it easy to write an efficient Makefile. OPTIONS
--version print the version number of kc and exit (this option is not available in kc versions older than V3_9P3) GENERATED FILES
k.[ch] the grammar and default functions rk.[ch] the rewrite view declarations and rewrite functions csgiok.[ch] the CSGIO functions unpk.[ch] the unparse view declarations and unparsing functions file.[ch] translation of user-provided Kimwitu functions. stdin.[ch] translation of user-provided Kimwitu functions if no command line file arguments were given. DIAGNOSTICS
If an error is encountered in the Kimwitu input, an apropriate error message will be written on standard error, code generation will be suppressed and a non-zero exit value will be returned. The error messages should be self-explanatory. AUTHOR
Axel Belinfante, University of Twente, the Netherlands. CONTACT
By Email: <kimwitu@cs.utwente.nl> VERSION
This manual page documents kc V3_* and newer. May 13, 1996 KC(1)