Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: If conditions need
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting If conditions need Post 302662043 by vivek d r on Tuesday 26th of June 2012 05:07:21 AM
Old 06-26-2012
oh... i am not familiar with windows server... :-(

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

2 or more if conditions

Hello, I have a file as follows: col no:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 a 4 226 226 ch:95024048-95027592, 1y224 of 3545 223 224 ident b 53 235 235 ch:148398-148401255, 1y184 of 3187 180 186 ident awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_sabz
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple if conditions

Guys, Im trying to have a script that evaluates multiple conditions : test.sh: if then echo "host $1" else if then echo "host $1" else echo $1 not valid exit 1 fi when I do ./test.sh brazil1 I get: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashshadow1979
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

conditions

./script 89 The script will extract the last digit of the input parameter. example, that is 4. This will be compared to the last digit of the current day of the month ( like day 14; that is 4). A message will displayed on the screen indicating if the digits are the same or not. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: singh is king
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help regarding multiple conditions

Hi All, I am new to shell scripting. Can any one say what is wrong in this if statement, that uses multiple conditions if then *************** else if ( -z $pcs && "$night_time_calc" > "$night_time" ) then ******************************** ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssenthilkumar
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

While with three conditions

Currently this is what I am trying while || && ]; do I want to continue if the first condition or both the second and third are true but I am getting a too many arguments error. Can someone help me out? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: whdr02
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF OR with two conditions

I have this IF working fine, testing if a char is a digit: if ; then _VALUE=$_VALUE$_CHAR else _ISDIGIT="false" fi Then I add a second condition to test if the char is either a digit or a * if ]; then _VALUE=$_VALUE$_CHAR ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Flavius
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zenity, While, and Conditions

All, I'm having fighting a losing battle with what I though would be simple. My goal is this: Show a zenity progress or info dialog until the system obtains an ip address, then close the dialog and continue through the rest of the script. Right now I've got the following: ip=`ifconfig |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timbrammer91091
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Errors in if conditions with to many OR conditions

Hi ALL I have a script where in i need to check for several values in if conditons but when i execute the script it throws error such as "TOO MANY ARGUMENTS" if then msg="BM VAR Issue :: bmaRequestVAR=$bmaRequestVAR , nltBMVAR=$nltBMVAR , bmaResponseVAR=$bmaResponseVAR ,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Errors in if conditions.....

#if if then echo $varNO >> AgriN.csv fi done < data The above script throws error such as integer expression expected. How do i rectify that?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditions in if

I'm using the below one.. #!/bin/ksh File=$3 if ; then echo "Script" elif ] ;then echo "Passed k or f option" else "Please check the Input passed" fi Command line argument is "k" or -f and file is exist then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
3 Replies
PERIODIC(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       PERIODIC(8)

NAME
periodic -- run periodic system functions SYNOPSIS
periodic directory ... DESCRIPTION
The periodic utility is intended to be called by launchd(8) to execute shell scripts located in the specified directory. One or more of the following arguments must be specified: daily Perform the standard daily periodic executable run. This usually occurs early in the morning (local time). weekly Perform the standard weekly periodic executable run. This usually occurs very early on Saturday mornings. monthly Perform the standard monthly periodic executable run. This usually occurs on the first day of the month. path An arbitrary directory containing a set of executables to be run. If an argument is an absolute directory name it is used as is, otherwise it is searched for under /etc/periodic and any other directories specified by the local_periodic setting in periodic.conf(5) (see below). The periodic utility will run each executable file in the directory or directories specified. If a file does not have the executable bit set, it is silently ignored. Each script is required to exit with one of the following values: 0 The script has produced nothing notable in its output. The <basedir>_show_success variable controls the masking of this output. 1 The script has produced some notable information in its output. The <basedir>_show_info variable controls the masking of this output. 2 The script has produced some warnings due to invalid configuration settings. The <basedir>_show_badconfig variable controls the mask- ing of this output. >2 The script has produced output that must not be masked. If the relevant variable (where <basedir> is the base directory in which the script resides) is set to ``NO'' in periodic.conf, periodic will mask the script output. If the variable is not set to either ``YES'' or ``NO'', it will be given a default value as described in periodic.conf(5). All remaining script output is delivered based on the value of the <basedir>_output setting. If this is set to a path name (beginning with a '/' character), output is simply logged to that file. newsyslog(8) knows about the files /var/log/daily.log, /var/log/weekly.log and /var/log/monthly.log, and if they exist, it will rotate them at the appropriate times. These are therefore good values if you wish to log periodic output. If the <basedir>_output value does not begin with a '/' and is not empty, it is assumed to contain a list of email addresses, and the output is mailed to them. If <basedir>_show_empty_output is set to ``NO'', then no mail will be sent if the output was empty. If <basedir>_output is not set or is empty, output is sent to standard output. ENVIRONMENT
The periodic utility sets the PATH environment to include all standard system directories, but no additional directories, such as /usr/local/bin. If executables are added which depend upon other path components, each executable must be responsible for configuring its own appropriate environment. FILES
/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.periodic-*.plist the periodic utility is typically called via these launchd(8) jobs /etc/periodic the top level directory containing daily, weekly, and monthly subdirectories which contain standard system peri- odic executables /etc/defaults/periodic.conf the periodic.conf system registry contains variables that control the behaviour of periodic and the standard daily, weekly, and monthly scripts /etc/periodic.conf this file contains local overrides for the default periodic configuration EXIT STATUS
Exit status is 0 on success and 1 if the command fails. EXAMPLES
The /etc/defaults/periodic.conf system registry will typically have a local_periodic variable reading: local_periodic="/usr/local/etc/periodic" To log periodic output instead of receiving it as email, add the following lines to /etc/periodic.conf: daily_output=/var/log/daily.log weekly_output=/var/log/weekly.log monthly_output=/var/log/monthly.log To only see important information from daily periodic jobs, add the following lines to /etc/periodic.conf: daily_show_success=NO daily_show_info=NO daily_show_badconfig=NO DIAGNOSTICS
The command may fail for one of the following reasons: usage: periodic <directory of files to execute> No directory path argument was passed to periodic to specify where the script fragments reside. <directory> not found Self explanatory. SEE ALSO
sh(1), periodic.conf(5), launchd(8), newsyslog(8) HISTORY
The periodic utility first appeared in FreeBSD 3.0. AUTHORS
Paul Traina <pst@FreeBSD.org> Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org> BUGS
Since one specifies information about a directory using shell variables containing the string, <basedir>, <basedir> must only contain charac- ters that are valid within a sh(1) variable name, alphanumerics and underscores, and the first character may not be numeric. BSD
August 30, 2007 BSD