Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep: Searching with a regex that contains a variable from an array Post 302661939 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 26th of June 2012 01:59:19 AM
Old 06-26-2012
Hello,

Please do not ask new questions in existing threads. Unless you have new information to a particular problem, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Also, please search the forums first, as it might be that someone has already posted an answer for a similar problem.

Best regards,
The UNIX and Linux Forums

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: storing regex in array variables trouble

hi this is an example of code: use strict; use warnings; open FILE, "/tmp/result_2"; my $regex="\\ Starting program ver. (.*)"; my $res="Program started, version <$1> - OK.\n"; while (<FILE>) { if ($_ =~ /($regex)/) { print "$res"; } } close FILE; This finds $regex and print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xist
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching array of arrays in perl

Suppose there are two arrays of arrays: @A = ( , , , ); @B = ( , , , , ); For each of $A, $A, $A..., I want to find the corresponding one in @B (match the letter, like $A eq $B), and print out both the second item, for example, $A and $B. How can I do this in perl? grep + map? Hope I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zx1106
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for array in large list of files

I tried to make the title/subject detailed, but well.. have to keep it short as well. I am wanting to take a large list of strings, and search through a large list of files to hopefully find numerous matches. I am not sure the quickest way to do this though. // List of files file1.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rhije
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl grep array against array

Hi, Is there any way I can grep an array against another array? Basically here's what I need to do. There will be an array containing some fixed texts and I have to check whether some files contain these lines. Reading the same files over and over again for each different pattern doesnt seem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

| help | unix | grep (GNU grep) 2.5.1 | advanced regex syntax

Hello, I'm working on unix with grep (GNU grep) 2.5.1. I'm going through some of the newer regex syntax using Regular Expression Reference - Advanced Syntax a guide. ls -aLl /bin | grep "\(x\)" Which works, just highlights 'x' where ever, when ever. I'm trying to to get (?:) to work but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MykC
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl : searching for month and storing the date and time in an array

I am writing the code in perl. I have an array in perl and each variable in the array contains the data in the below format Now I need to check the below variable w.r.t system month I need to store the date and time(Tue Aug 7 03:54:12 2012) from the below data into file if contains only 'Aug'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash 3.2 - Array / Regex - IF 3rd member in array ends in 5 digits then do somthing...

Trying to do some control flow parsing based on the index postion of an array member. Here is the pseudo code I am trying to write in (preferably in pure bash) where possible. I am thinking regex with do the trick, but need a little help. pesudo code if == ENDSINFIVEINTS ]]; then do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert an array element within regex?

Hello to all, I'm trying to separate the string "str" using a regex within match function. The substrings that I want to separate, begin with 22, 23, 24 or 25 and followed by 12 or 14 characters. And I want to replace 22 with MJS, 23 with UYT, 24 with WER and 25 with PIL. For this string... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
4 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Searching array

I'am writing a program in C language and my code is working perfectly i just need to add a search to it ... My code lets users add companies, and then display them on screen... i would like to add a search that allows user to type company name and then displayall its info on the screen !! THANK... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aloushi
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fastest alternatives to flattening a non-uniform nested array with regex?

Hello, I'm looking at simplfying a function that flattens an array, it uses recursion and filters objects by type but this seems to be a waste of resources to me at least, using conditionals like this seems like a bad idea. The array can be a generic type, int, string, float but not some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f77hack
2 Replies
postwait(2)							System Calls Manual						       postwait(2)

NAME
postwait: pw_getukid(), pw_wait(), pw_post(), pw_postv(), pw_getvmax() - lightweight synchronization mechanism SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
Postwait is a fast, lightweight sleep/wakeup mechanism that can be used for synchronization by cooperating kernel threads within a single process or between separate processes. A thread calls to block. It resumes execution when it is posted by another thread, the call expires, or is signaled. If one or more posts are already pending, returns immediately. Threads using postwait are identified by their ukid. A thread retrieves its ukid by calling It shares this ukid with anyone it chooses by any means it considers appropriate (for example, shared memory). is called with a timeout ts. If ts is NULL, the thread will not timeout. It will remain blocked until posted or a signal wakes it up. If ts points to a zero-valued timespec, will return immediately with a value (and indicating whether or not it was posted. If ts points to a timespec whose value is greater than zero, the thread will block for that amount of time unless it is posted or inter- rupted by a signal, in which case the timespec pointed to by ts is updated with the remaining time. The return value and are set to indi- cate the reason the call returned. is used to post many threads with a single call. It posts to all threads in the targets array. An value for each target is returned in the errors array. (0 indicates success.) If the errors pointer is zero, no target-specific errors are copied out. There is a maximum number of threads that can be posted with a single call. This value is returned by Posts sent to a kernel thread that already has a post pending against it are discarded. RETURN VALUE
returns 0 if it succeeds, -1 otherwise. returns 0 if posted, -1 otherwise. returns 0 if the post succeeds, -1 otherwise. returns 0 if every post succeeds, -1 otherwise. returns the maximum number of kernel threads that can be posted with a single call to ERRORS
sets to one of the following values if it fails: ukid points to an illegal address. The reliable detection of this error is implementation dependent. sets to one of the following values if it fails: was called with a timeout of 0 but the caller has no post(s) pending. was called with a timeout that expired. ts points to an illegal address. The reliable detection of this error is implementation dependent. was interrupted by a signal. The timespec pointed to by ts is invalid. sets to one of the following values if it fails: The ukid refers to a non-existent kernel thread. sets to one of the following values if it fails: targets points to an illegal address. The reliable detection of this error is implementation dependent. errors points to an illegal address. The reliable detection of this error is implementation dependent. count is less than 0. count exceeds the maximum value (as returned by A ukid refers to a non-existent kernel thread. postwait(2)