Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Transferring files from one linux server into another Post 302661783 by RaviTej on Monday 25th of June 2012 06:41:10 PM
Old 06-25-2012
#!/bin/sh

file1=user1@domain2.com:/path/file1.txt (completePath to file1.txt)
file2=user1@domain2.com:/path/file2.txt (completePath to file2.txt)

files=( ${file1} ${file2} )

scp ${files[@]} /home/path to save files
echo done copying

I am running this script from user1@domain1.com. I could copy files succesfully but typing the password two times using putty . if there are 10 files , i have to type password 10 times using this script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Transferring files from one AIX server to another AIX server in binary mode

Hi, I am a newbie to AIX. We have 2 AIX5.3 servers in our environment, I need to transfer some files in Binary mode from one server to another and some files in ASCII mode from one server to another server. Could you please help me as to how I need to do that? Thanks, Rakesh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshc.apps
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transferring file from Windows server...

Hi, I want to transfer html files from windows server to unix server. Those files also have to be assigned proper permissions. Can u people suggest any ideas for this scenario? Regards, http://www.unix.com/images/smilies/thumb.gifSanthosh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Santhosh_Ind
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while Transferring files to UNIX server

Hi When I m transferring my file to UNIX server using filezilla , after every line in a file ^M is shown. Because of this ^M I cannot execute my file/scripts Why so ??? Any suggestions... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transferring files from Unix to Windows server

Hi All, I have to establish as connectivity from Unix server(Solaris) to Windows machine and transfer files. We use public key Private key pair to authenticate from Unix to Unix connectivity to transfer the file. How to establish the sFTP connection from Unix to Windows and transfer the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy folder and files from unix server to linux server

We would be migrating unix solaries to Linux redhat. Basically source is unix and target is linux. i would like to copy entire file system unix/source/* to target linux/souce/* but target linux has only folder setup so what ever files copied need to be placed in the linux server with same... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: balajikalai
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transferring a file from one UNIX server to another

Hi, Is there a way to transfer a file from one unix server from another without entering the login credentials. I know scp and other commands but it prompts the username/password. However in my script i have a file, who i need to send to another unix server where the content of that file will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopajitmalakar
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for transferring files

Hi Guys, I have to transfer a few files in my system . The commands to be used are as follows . Will it be possible to send the output of the following in the form of a mail . cd /export/home/teja ls -lrt Quote.java* mv Quote.java Quote.java.20121023 cp /tmp/Quote.java . ls -lrt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi_Teja
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to create 10GB file in Linux and transferring the file to other remote server

Hi folks, Is it possible to create 10GB file in linux and transferring the file to other remote server? Regards, J (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files from Linux server to Windows server

Hi All, I am generating report in a Linux server and once the report is generated the report(.txt file) needs to be automatically saved in a Windows servers. So i am looking for a script to transfer the file automatically from Linux server to Windows server? Please advise. Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transferring files to directories

I have a large number of files with file names of the format iv.epoz.hhe.d.2018.028.000000.sac iv.epoz.hhn.d.2018.028.000000.sac iv.epoz.hhz.d.2018.028.000000.sac iv.epoz.hhe.d.2018.029.000000.sac iv.epoz.hhn.d.2018.029.000000.sac iv.epoz.hhz.d.2018.029.000000.sac... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies
NNTP-PULL(1)							 nntp-pull manual						      NNTP-PULL(1)

NAME
nntp-pull - fetch articles from the server to the mbox SYNOPSIS
nntp-pull [options...] groupname [groupname...] DESCRIPTION
Fetch messages from the server and save them into the mailbox (mbox format). Every argument is supposed to be a name of group, optionally followed by a '>' character and mbox filename. If the mbox filename is omitted, it defaults to the name of the group. Besides global options (described in sinntp(1)), nntp-pull command takes following options: --limit=N Pull at most N messages. --reget Start from the first available message. EXAMPLES
nntp-pull --server=news.example.org --limit=50 'comp.os.linux>os-linux' Fetches at most the 50 newest articles from the newsgroup comp.os.linux located on news.example.org server and appends them to the os-linux mailbox file. nntp-pull --server=news.example.net --reget --limit=3 comp.os.windows Fetches at most the 3 oldest articles from the newsgroup comp.os.windows located on news.example.net server and appends them to the comp.os.windows mailbox file. SEE ALSO
sinntp(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009, 2010, 2011 Piotr Lewandowski, Jakub Wilk nntp-pull 1.5 2012-04-18 NNTP-PULL(1)