Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Split file based on file size in Korn script Post 302661773 by Chubler_XL on Monday 25th of June 2012 06:00:55 PM
Old 06-25-2012
Why not just use -n 2 with splt?

Code:
split -n 2 myfile.txt myfile.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to split a file based on the condition

I have the file with the records like 4234234 US phone 3244234 US cup 2342342 CA phone 8947234 US phone 2389472 CA cup 2348972 US maps 3894234 CA phone I want the records with (US,phone) as record to be in one file, (Us, cup) in another file and (CA,cup) to be in another I mean all... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: superprogrammer
12 Replies

2. Programming

create a spool file based on values passed from korn shell to sql script

this is my issue. 4 parameters are passed from korn shell to sql script. parameter_1= varchar2 datatype or no value entered my user. parameter_2= number datatype or no value entered my user. parameter_3= number datatype or no value entered my user. parameter_4= number datatype or no... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split file based on size

Hi Friends, Below is my requirement. I have a file with the below structure. 0001A1.... 0001B1.. .... 0001L1 0002A1 0002B1 ...... 0002L1 .. the first 4 characters are the sequence numbers for a record, A record will start with A1 and end with L1 with same sequence number. Now the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: diva_thilak
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a file into multiple files based on first two digits of file.

Hi , I do have a fixedwidth flatfile that has data for 10 different datasets each identified by the first two digits in the flatfile. 01 in the first two digit position refers to Set A 02 in the first two digit position refers to Set B and so on I want to genrate 10 different files from my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: okkadu
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a file based on pattern and size

Hello, I have a large file (2GB) that I would like to split based on pattern and size. I've used the following command to split the file (token is "HELLO") awk '/HELLO/{i++}{print > "file"i}' input.txt and the output is similar to the following (i included filesize in KB): 10 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split file into multiple files using awk based on 1 field in the file?

Good day all I need some helps, say that I have data like below, each field separated by a tab DATE NAME ADDRESS 15/7/2012 LX a.b.c 15/7/2012 LX1 a.b.c 16/7/2012 AB a.b.c 16/7/2012 AB2 a.b.c 15/7/2012 LX2 a.b.c... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexyyw
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to split file into multiple files based on many columns

So I have a space delimited file that I'd like to split into multiple files based on multiple column values. This is what my data looks like 1bc9A02 1 10 1000 FTDLNLVQALRQFLWSFRLPGEAQKIDRMMEAFAQRYCQCNNGVFQSTDTCYVLSFAIIMLNTSLHNPNVKDKPTVERFIAMNRGINDGGDLPEELLRNLYESIKNEPFKIPELEHHHHHH 1ku1A02 1 10... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: viored
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split the File based on Size

I have a file that is about 7 GB in size. The requirement is I should split the file equally in such a way that the size of the split files is less than 2Gb. If the file is less than 2gb, than nothing needs to be done. ( need to done using shell script) Thanks, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
4 Replies

9. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

How to split a dat file based on another file ni UNIX?

i have two files , one is var.txt and another res.dat file var.txt contains informaton like below date,request,sales,item 20171015,1,123456,216 20171015,1,123456,217 20171015,2,345678,214 20171015,3,456789,218 and res.dat contains is a one huge file contains information like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pogo
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

File Size Split up based on Month

Hi, I have a directory in Unix and there are folders available in the directory. Files are created on different month and now i have a requirement to calculate size of the folder on month basis. Is there any Unix command to check this please?? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nivas
6 Replies
flow-split(1)						      General Commands Manual						     flow-split(1)

NAME
flow-split -- Split flow files into smaller files. SYNOPSIS
flow-split [-gGhn] [-b big|little] [-C comment] [-d debug_level] [-N nflows] [-o outfile_basename] [-T nseconds] [-z z_level] DESCRIPTION
The flow-split utility will split a flow file into smaller files based on the the number of flows or the ammount of time that has passed. OPTIONS
-b big|little Byte order of output. -C Comment Add a comment. -d debug_level Enable debugging. -g Split on source tag. -G Split on destination tag. -h Display help. -n Use symbols for tag field in filename. -N nflows Split after processing nflows. -o outfile_basename The basename of the resulting files. -T nsecond Split after processing an interval of nseconds flows. -z z_level Configure compression level to z_level. 0 is disabled (no compression), 9 is highest compression. EXAMPLES
Create 1 minute flow files from the flow archive in /flows/krc4. Store the results in /flows/krc4.split flow-cat /flows/krc4 | flow-split -T60 -o /flows/krc4.split/1min. BUGS
None known. AUTHOR
Mark Fullmer maf@splintered.net SEE ALSO
flow-tools(1) flow-split(1)