Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Creation of zone based on zfs root file system Post 302661683 by bartus11 on Monday 25th of June 2012 03:10:45 PM
Old 06-25-2012
Do df -h from global zone and you will see that zone root is on ZFS pool.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

file system creation

I won't to remove a filesystem /dev/vg01/lvo1 and copy the same to different vg ex:- /dev/vg02. Pls give the required step to be followed to complete the said process (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamlesh_k
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

zfs file system

Hi, I try add a new file system: #zfs create dsk1/mqm it came back with: #cannot create 'dsk1/mqm': no such pool 'dsk1' what do I have to do? Kind regards Mehrdad (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Patching on ZFS file-system

Hi, I have Solaris-10 (Update-7). This is having ZFS file-system and 10 sparse-root zones are there. I want to install Solaris-10 recommended patch cluster on it, but not sure, how to go ahead with procedure. I want to patch one side of the mirror and keep intact another side safe in case of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
6 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Not able to extend ZFS file system

Hi All, I have Solaris-10 configured with two non-global zones. All file-systems are mounted on global zone and data file-systems are mounted on non-global zone as lofs. I have added 4 luns of 100 GB each and still not able to extend a file-system. This is production server, so I can not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Migration of system having UFS root FS with zones root to ZFS root FS

Hi All After downloading ZFS documentation from oracle site, I am able to successfully migrate UFS root FS without zones to ZFS root FS. But in case of UFS root file system with zones , I am successfully able to migrate global zone to zfs root file system but zone are still in UFS root file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files based on file creation

Hi, I have a directory having so many number of files. Now I want to move the files which are older than one month (lets say) from this directory to another directory (say BKP dir). Simply, if file is olderthan one month move it from source1 dir to BKP1 dir. My file names doesn't have... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Host file to DNS zone creation

We are currently using the famous script H2N to create our DNS zone files from a host file. However, we are moving to IPV6 soon and this script doesnt support IPV6. Is there another script/solution to creating DNS zones via a host file input? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpolachak
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Host file to dns zone creation solution?

We are currently using the famous script H2N to create our DNS zone files from a host file. However, we are moving to IPV6 soon and this script doesnt support IPV6. Is there another script/solution to creating DNS zones via a host file input? Is there another solution or way to do things that I may... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpolachak
0 Replies
rem_drv(1M)															       rem_drv(1M)

NAME
rem_drv - remove a device driver from the system SYNOPSIS
rem_drv [-b basedir] device_driver The rem_drv command informs the system that the device driver device_driver is no longer valid. If possible, rem_drv unloads device_driver from memory. rem_drv also updates the system driver configuration files. If rem_drv has been executed, the next time the system is rebooted it automatically performs a reconfiguration boot (see kernel(1M)). The following options are supported: -b basedir Sets the path to the root directory of the diskless client. Used on the server to execute rem_drv for a client. The client machine must be rebooted to unload the driver. Note - The root file system of any non-global zones must not be referenced with the -b option. Doing so might damage the global zone's file system, might compromise the security of the global zone, and might damage the non-global zone's file system. See zones(5). Example 1: Removing the sd Driver The following example removes the sd driver from use: example% rem_drv sd Example 2: Removing a Diskless Client The following example removes the driver from the sun1 diskless client. The driver is not uninstalled or unloaded until the client machine is rebooted. example% rem_drv -b /export/root/sun1 sd Note the caveat on the use of the -b option in the description of that option, above. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ add_drv(1M), kernel(1M), update_drv(1M), attributes(5), devfs(7FS) 6 Apr 2005 rem_drv(1M)