Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Using alias to create subshell and work in it Post 302661655 by Corona688 on Monday 25th of June 2012 02:08:42 PM
Old 06-25-2012
Quote:
Thanks for reply mirni, your proposed solution did not work for me. It gives no error but returns to parent shell and does not ask for password.
Which solution? mirni gave several.

The problem is, you are asking for kshell to read from two different things -- want it to run a noninteractive shell to do something in, then suddenly become interactive and accept input from a user.

Putting a semicolon afterwards doesn't tell it to feed that command into kshell. It tells it to feed it into your shell.

Depending on how kshell works, perhaps something like this:
Code:
kshell kinit username@domain ';' exec /bin/sh

should execute the command, then run an interactive shell after that... The quotes around the semicolon so that kshell gets fed the whole thing instead of your local shell breaking it into two statements.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Create an alias

I want to create an alias that will grep the passwd file for the logged in persons username and then it will return the password file entry. I want to pipe the whoami info to the grep command. I have created the following: % alias whopw grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mozark
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a alias with an argument

If I want to create an alias called "cdr", and this alias need an argument (for example arg1)followed by "cdr", the result should go to the directory like "/home/ting/arg1/report/logs", the command should look like below, alias cdr arg1 "cd /home/ting/\!$1/report/logs" (not working)::( ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ting123
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

alias doesn't work

Hi I have put alias ll='ls -la' in .profile file but it doesn't work. On hand it works it looks like the .profile file is not beeing read. How to check whitch file is loaded? ,profile? .bash_profile? My system: SunOS mion 5.10 Generic Shell: /bin/pfksh Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: miojamo
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to create an ALIAS....

Hi GUYS, I need to create an alias for the the connect statement. I want to replace "CONNECT TO DBNAME" to "CONNECT TO DBNAME user USERID using PASSWORD" I thought i will add an alias in the .profile. But its not working. May be because i am trying to create it for 3 words instead of one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Global alias does not work in shell script

Hi Linux Set up - alias ls='ls -l' Then run script #! /bin/ksh sub() { ls } sub Is there any way to get it working. I don't want to define alias inside of the program Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash alias for complicated ls command does not work.

I'm trying to set up an alias in .bash_aliases to show just the filenames of the files in a directory, which the following command will do: ls -l | grep ^- | awk '{print $NF}' kjb.zip ap.zip tor.zip However when I set up the following alias in .bash_aliases: alias lf="ls -l | grep ^- |... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: gencon
16 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A very simple script, but alias won't work

I am new to unix and therefore I did a lot of reading before posting. So please, if this has been answered before, forgive me for re-posting and point me to the right place for the answer. I have spent many hours searching the net and read over 50 posts in this forum and even tried a few thing but... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: sssccc
20 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create an alias

I want to create an alias cpage4 and create a postscript file For example I want to call cpage4 file.f which creates the file file.ps I have written like this but don't know how to continue alias cpage4 '/usr/bin/mpage -m40 -4AHP- \!* (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create alias files (not alias commands)

If one: $ find -name 'some expression' -type f > newfile and then subsequently wants to create an alias file from each pathname the find command retrieved and the > placed within 'newfile', how would one do this? Ideally, the newly created alias files would all be in one directory. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alexander4444
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Alias does not work with bash profile

Hi, Below is what i have in my profile: alias wldm='cd /opt/app/wls' If i use bash or ksh shell this alias does not work. What should be done for this alias to work with all these simultaneously -> No Shell, bash shell, and ksh shell (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
14 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Component(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Graphics::Primitive::Component(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Component - Base graphical unit DESCRIPTION
A Component is an entity with a graphical representation. SYNOPSIS
my $c = Graphics::Primitive::Component->new({ origin => Geometry::Primitive::Point->new({ x => $x, y => $y }), width => 500, height => 350 }); LIFECYCLE
prepare Most components do the majority of their setup in the prepare. The goal of prepare is to establish it's minimum height and width so that it can be properly positioned by a layout manager. $driver->prepare($comp); layout This is not a method of Component, but a phase introduced by the use of Layout::Manager. If the component is a container then each of it's child components (even the containers) will be positioned according to the minimum height and width determined during prepare. Different layout manager implementations have different rules, so consult the documentation for each for details. After this phase has completed the origin, height and width should be set for all components. $lm->do_layout($comp); finalize This final phase provides and opportunity for the component to do any final changes to it's internals before being passed to a driver for drawing. An example might be a component that draws a fleuron at it's extremities. Since the final height and width isn't known until this phase, it was impossible for it to position these internal components until now. It may even defer creation of this components until now. It is not ok to defer all action to the finalize phase. If you do not establish a minimum hieght and width during prepare then the layout manager may not provide you with enough space to draw. $driver->finalize($comp); draw Handled by Graphics::Primitive::Driver. $driver->draw($comp); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Component. Instance Methods background_color Set this component's background color. border Set this component's border, which should be an instance of Border. callback Optional callback that is fired at the beginning of the "finalize" phase. This allows you to add some sort of custom code that can modify the component just before it is rendered. The only argument is the component itself. Note that changing the position or the dimensions of the component will not re-layout the scene. You may have weird results of you manipulate the component's dimensions here. class Set/Get this component's class, which is an abitrary string. Graphics::Primitive has no internal use for this attribute but provides it for outside use. color Set this component's foreground color. fire_callback Method to execute this component's "callback". get_tree Get a tree for this component. Since components are -- by definiton -- leaf nodes, this tree will only have the one member at it's root. has_callback Predicate that tells if this component has a "callback". height Set this component's height. inside_bounding_box Returns a Rectangle that defines the edges of the 'inside' box for this component. This box is relative to the origin of the component. inside_height Get the height available in this container after taking away space for padding, margin and borders. inside_width Get the width available in this container after taking away space for padding, margin and borders. margins Set this component's margins, which should be an instance of Insets. Margins are the space outside the component's bounding box, as in CSS. The margins should be outside the border. maximum_height Set/Get this component's maximum height. Used to inform a layout manager. maximum_width Set/Get this component's maximum width. Used to inform a layout manager. minimum_height Set/Get this component's minimum height. Used to inform a layout manager. minimum_inside_height Get the minimum height available in this container after taking away space for padding, margin and borders. minimum_inside_width Get the minimum width available in this container after taking away space for padding, margin and borders. minimum_width Set/Get this component's minimum width. Used to inform a layout manager. name Set this component's name. This is not required, but may inform consumers of a component. Pay attention to that library's documentation. origin Set/Get the origin point for this component. outside_height Get the height consumed by padding, margin and borders. outside_width Get the width consumed by padding, margin and borders. finalize Method provided to give component one last opportunity to put it's contents into the provided space. Called after prepare. padding Set this component's padding, which should be an instance of Insets. Padding is the space inside the component's bounding box, as in CSS. This padding should be between the border and the component's content. page If true then this component represents stand-alone page. This informs the driver that this component (and any children) are to be renderered on a single surface. This only really makes sense in formats that have pages such as PDF of PostScript. prepare Method to prepare this component for drawing. This is an empty sub and is meant to be overridden by a specific implementation. preferred_height Set/Get this component's preferred height. Used to inform a layout manager. preferred_width Set/Get this component's preferred width. Used to inform a layout manager. to_string Get a string representation of this component in the form of: $name $x,$y ($widthx$height) visible Set/Get this component's visible flag. width Set/Get this component's width. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-geometry-primitive at rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Geometry-Primitive <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Geometry-Primitive>. I will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes. COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2009 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2011-06-02 Graphics::Primitive::Component(3pm)