Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed/awk script to parse list of bandwidth rules Post 302661511 by itkamaraj on Monday 25th of June 2012 10:16:01 AM
Old 06-25-2012
Code:
$ awk -F"[: ]" '{out=$1; for(i=2;i<=NF;i++)if($i~/bps/){sub("bps","",$i);out=out" "$i} print out;out=""}' input.txt
20 10000000 15000000
37 192000
62 256000

This User Gave Thanks to itkamaraj For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To parse through the file and print output using awk or sed script

suppose if u have a file like that Hen ABCCSGSGSGJJJJK 15 Cock ABCCSGGGSGIJJJL 15 * * * * * * : * * * . * * * : Hen CFCDFCSDFCDERTF 30 Cock CHCDFCSDHCDEGFI 30 * . * * * * * * * : * * :* : : . The output shud be where there is : and . It shud... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to parse an access-list

Folks, I have a textfile with the config of my router. Part of that config looks like this: router config ... ip access-list extended MyAccessList remark this is my security rule permit host 10.0.0.1 any deny host 10.0.0.2 any ... ip access-list extended YourAccessList ... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: philipz
25 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed Command: To Parse Stament between 2 numbers

Hi, I need an awk command that would parse the below expression Input Format 1 'Stmt1 ............................'2 'Stmt2 ............................'3 'Stmt3 ............................'4 'Stmt4 ............................'5 'Stmt5 ............................'6 'Stmt6... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk to parse this text

I am just beginning with sed and awk and understand that they are "per" line input. That is, they operate on each line individually, and output based on rules, etc. But I have multi-line text blocks that looks as follows, and wish to ONLY extract the text between the first hyphen (-) and the... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: bulgin
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to parse results from TWO files

I am trying to parse two files and get data that does not match in one of the columns ( column 3 in my case ) Data for two files are as follows A.txt ===== abc 10 5 0 1 16 xyz 16 1 1 0 18 efg 30 8 0 2 40 ijk 22 2 0 1 25 B.txt ===== abc... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: roger67
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse xm entry with awk/sed

Hi folks, I have XML files with the following sections (section occurs once per file) in them: <AuthorList CompleteYN="Y"> <Author ValidYN="Y"> <LastName>Bernal</LastName> <ForeName>Federico</ForeName> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: euval
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use awk or sed to parse delimited string

Hi I am trying to figure out the best way to search a long log file and print out certain information. For example if I had a line in a log file delimited by ampersand first_name=mike&last_name=smith&zip_code=55555&phone=555-5555&state=ma&city=boston and I only wanted to search for and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mstefaniak
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK script to parse a data in a file

Hi Unix gurus.. I have a file which has below data, It has several MQ Queue statistics; QueueName= 'TEST1' CreateDate= '2009-10-30' CreateTime= '13.45.40' QueueType= Predefined QueueDefinitionType= Local QMinDepth= 0 QMaxDepth= 0 QueueName= 'TEST2' CreateDate= '2009-10-30'... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dd_psg
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed script to parse logs issue

I have this script to parse some logs: #!/bin/bash id=$1 shift sed "/(id=$id)/,/^$/!d" "$@" Usage: ./script.sh 1234 logfile The logs have an empty line before the logged events/timestamps -- most of the time. And this is my issue, since when there is no empty line, it will catch things... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KidCactus
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Script to parse a XML tag

I have an XML tag like this: <property name="agent" value="/var/tmp/root/eclipse" /> Is there way using awk that i can get the value from the above tag. So the output should be: /var/tmp/root/eclipse Help will be appreciated. Regards, Adi (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)