Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Creation of zone based on zfs root file system Post 302661063 by bartus11 on Sunday 24th of June 2012 03:32:53 PM
Old 06-24-2012
Yes, it is possible. Just create zpool on which you want your zones to reside (for example "zones") and then specify zonepath property for your zones to be under "/zones/".
This User Gave Thanks to bartus11 For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

file system creation

I won't to remove a filesystem /dev/vg01/lvo1 and copy the same to different vg ex:- /dev/vg02. Pls give the required step to be followed to complete the said process (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamlesh_k
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

zfs file system

Hi, I try add a new file system: #zfs create dsk1/mqm it came back with: #cannot create 'dsk1/mqm': no such pool 'dsk1' what do I have to do? Kind regards Mehrdad (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Patching on ZFS file-system

Hi, I have Solaris-10 (Update-7). This is having ZFS file-system and 10 sparse-root zones are there. I want to install Solaris-10 recommended patch cluster on it, but not sure, how to go ahead with procedure. I want to patch one side of the mirror and keep intact another side safe in case of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
6 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Not able to extend ZFS file system

Hi All, I have Solaris-10 configured with two non-global zones. All file-systems are mounted on global zone and data file-systems are mounted on non-global zone as lofs. I have added 4 luns of 100 GB each and still not able to extend a file-system. This is production server, so I can not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Migration of system having UFS root FS with zones root to ZFS root FS

Hi All After downloading ZFS documentation from oracle site, I am able to successfully migrate UFS root FS without zones to ZFS root FS. But in case of UFS root file system with zones , I am successfully able to migrate global zone to zfs root file system but zone are still in UFS root file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files based on file creation

Hi, I have a directory having so many number of files. Now I want to move the files which are older than one month (lets say) from this directory to another directory (say BKP dir). Simply, if file is olderthan one month move it from source1 dir to BKP1 dir. My file names doesn't have... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Host file to DNS zone creation

We are currently using the famous script H2N to create our DNS zone files from a host file. However, we are moving to IPV6 soon and this script doesnt support IPV6. Is there another script/solution to creating DNS zones via a host file input? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpolachak
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Host file to dns zone creation solution?

We are currently using the famous script H2N to create our DNS zone files from a host file. However, we are moving to IPV6 soon and this script doesnt support IPV6. Is there another script/solution to creating DNS zones via a host file input? Is there another solution or way to do things that I may... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpolachak
0 Replies
EXPCHK(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						EXPCHK(1p)

NAME
expchk - Check a keyrec file for expired zones SYNOPSIS
expchk -all -expired -valid -warn numdays -zone zonename -count -help keyrec_files DESCRIPTION
expchk checks a set of keyrec files to determine if the zone keyrecs are valid or expired. The type of zones displayed depends on the options chosen; if no options are given the expired zones will be listed. OPTIONS
-all Display expiration information on all zones, expired or valid, in the specified keyrec files. -expired Display expiration information on the expired zones in the specified keyrec files. This is the default action. -valid Display expiration information on the valid zones in the specified keyrec files. -warn numdays A warning will be given for each valid zone that will expire in numdays days. This option has no effect on expired zones. -zone zonename Display expiration information on the zone specified in zonename. -count Only the count of matching zones (valid or expired) will be given. If both types of zones are selected, then the count will be the number of zones in the specified keyrec files. -help Display a usage message. -Version Displays the version information for expchk and the DNSSEC-Tools package. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2004-2012 SPARTA, Inc. All rights reserved. See the COPYING file included with the DNSSEC-Tools package for details. AUTHOR
Wayne Morrison, tewok@tislabs.com SEE ALSO
zonesigner(8) Net::DNS::SEC::Tools::keyrec.pm(3) perl v5.14.2 2012-06-21 EXPCHK(1p)