Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Migration of system having UFS root FS with zones root to ZFS root FS Post 302661059 by sb200 on Sunday 24th of June 2012 02:51:34 PM
Old 06-24-2012
Migration of system having UFS root FS with zones root to ZFS root FS

Hi All

After downloading ZFS documentation from oracle site, I am able to successfully migrate UFS root FS without zones to ZFS root FS. But in case of UFS root file system with zones , I am successfully able to migrate global zone to zfs root file system but zone are still in UFS root file system mode. I am not able to successfully migrate zone to zfs root filesystem.

Please let me know how can we do that.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run non-root script as root with non-root environment

All, I want to run a non-root script as the root user with non-root environment variables with crontab. The non-root user would have environment variables for database access such as Oracle or Sybase. The root user does not have the Oracle or Sybase enviroment variables. I thought you could do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to allow access to some commands having root privleges to be run bu non root user

hi i am new to unix and i have abig task. i have to \run particular commands having root privileges from a non root user. i know sudo is one of the way but i need sum other approach kindly help Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryashikha
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Convert root UFS to ZFS on x86 solaris 10/09

Hello All, Good Morning, We are trying to convert the UFS root in to ZFS. Am getting below error. Any one help me out on this ? bash-3.00# zpool list NAME SIZE USED AVAIL CAP HEALTH ALTROOT guru 5.95G 483M 5.48G 7% ONLINE - bash-3.00# zpool create rpool c2t10d0p0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Convert UFS (root) to VxFS

Hi all, How to i use vxfs for my server? Because when i install OS, it is installed with ufs, then after Solaris 10 installation, i proceed to install vxfs. How do i convert all the ufs to vxfs? Or is it what i'm doing is the incorrect way? Please help. :wall: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
9 Replies

5. Solaris

Creation of zone based on zfs root file system

Hi all I want to know if suppose my global zone has UFS root file system & now I want to create non global zone with ZFS root file system. Is it possible.....If this is possible then how will I able to create zone based on ZFS root file system in global zone having UFS based root file system (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
5 Replies

6. SuSE

Auditors want more security with root to root access via ssh keys

I access over 100 SUSE SLES servers as root from my admin server, via ssh sessions using ssh keys, so I don't have to enter a password. My SUSE Admin server is setup in the following manner: 1) Remote root access is turned off in the sshd_config file. 2) I am the only user of this admin... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvbell
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can you gain root privileges if the suid program does not belong to root?

I had a question in my test which asked where suppose user B has a program with 's' bit set. Can user A run this program and gain root privileges in any way? I suppose not as the suid program run with privileges of owner and this program will run with B's privileges and not root. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syncmaster
1 Replies
acl_check(3SEC) 				       File Access Control Library Functions					   acl_check(3SEC)

NAME
acl_check - check the validity of an ACL SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lsec [ library... ] #include <sys/acl.h> int acl_check(acl_t *aclp, int isdir); DESCRIPTION
The acl_check() function checks the validity of an ACL pointed to by aclp. The isdir argument checks the validity of an ACL that will be applied to a directory. The ACL can be either a POSIX draft ACL as supported by UFS or NFSv4 ACL as supported by ZFS or NFSV4. When the function verifies a POSIX draft ACL, the rules followed are described in aclcheck(3SEC). For NFSv4 ACL, the ACL is verified against the following rules: o The inheritance flags are valid. o The ACL must have at least one ACL entry and no more than {MAX_ACL_ENTRIES}. o The permission field contains only supported permissions. o The entry type is valid. o The flag fields contain only valid flags as supported by NFSv4/ZFS. If any of the above rules are violated, the function fails with errno set to EINVAL. RETURN VALUES
If the ACL is valid, acl_check() returns 0. Otherwise errno is set to EINVAL and the return value is set to one of the following: EACL_INHERIT_ERROR There are invalid inheritance flags specified. EACL_FLAGS_ERROR There are invalid flags specified on the ACL that don't map to supported flags in NFSV4/ZFS ACL model. EACL_ENTRY_ERROR The ACL contains an unknown value in the type field. EACL_MEM_ERROR The system cannot allocate any memory. EACL_INHERIT_NOTDIR Inheritance flags are only allowed for ACLs on directories. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
acl(2), aclcheck(3SEC), aclsort(3SEC), acl(5), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 22 Apr 2008 acl_check(3SEC)