Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Self tuning database servers
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Self tuning database servers Post 302660967 by figaro on Sunday 24th of June 2012 05:50:08 AM
Old 06-24-2012
Thank you for your response and seems plagiarised from Self-Tuning Systems Software
The question regards database servers though.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SAS Tuning

Does anyone had perfomed a tuning with SAS on Solaris??? Performance is not so good and I found out that Share Memory an Semaphores are the same that initial instalation, I havent found info at internet Please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex blanco
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tuning AIX IO

Hi I am trying to investigate a disk performance issue, and we are not seem to be hitting the right direction in our analysis. This is a FC disk running on USP1000 HDS system. The application is an IO intensive application, but our opinion is that it is not performing due to perceived disk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: theerthan
1 Replies

3. Solaris

tuning

hw to increse nfs perfomence tuning? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naresh.sun
4 Replies

4. Web Development

MySQL Tuning Tools with mysqltuner.pl and tuning-primer.sh

We have been tuning MySQL lately and I ran accoss two useful tools that you might be interested in: mysqltuner.pl tuning-primer.sh Both of these scripts are quite useful for MySQL tuning. Here is some sample output of mysqltuner.pl >> MySQLTuner 0.9.8 - Major Hayden... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies

5. Solaris

redirect solaris database from linux database..

hi.. i have a need .. my php runs on my linux redhat box with mysql.. i want my php code to refer another mysql database which is in solaris 10 x86... can u tell me the procedure .. how it can be done through php .. sorry am new to php... is it possible to redirect from linux mysql to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
7 Replies

6. Solaris

nxge tuning

Hi all, I would like to tune the nxge card as suggested by this link, but got some confusion. Can anyone advise me ? We have SunOS hsbc02 5.10 Generic_137137-09 sun4v sparc SUNW,Netra-CP3260 Do I have to install any patches ? The tunning link Networks - Siwiki In our nxge.conf, I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dehetoxic
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Can't create database after Oracle Database installation

I installed Oracle 10 software on Solaris 11 Express, everything was fine execpt I can't create database using dbca.rsp file. I populated file with following options. OPERATION_TYPE = "createDatabase" GDBNAME = "solaris_user.domain.com" SID = "solaris_user" TEMPLATENAME = "General... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

CRON Job to copy database and replace existing database

I have a reseller account with hostgator, which means i have WHM and Cpanel. I have set up a staging environment for one of my wordpress installations (client website), which is essentially sitting at staging.domain.com (live site is at domain.com). The staging website is a complete copy of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nzrobert
1 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.5 2011-08-13 URI::URL(3)