Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issue in Linux Command
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Issue in Linux Command Post 302660927 by mark54g on Saturday 23rd of June 2012 10:33:32 PM
Old 06-23-2012
Yes. Adding the dash (-) invokes the environment of the user, which contains their PATH variables. Otherwise, if it is not in the path of the user that used su, then you do not get their PATH.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Find command on Linux

Hi, I am issuing find command below mentioned ways but it givs different count. I don't understand the behaviour. Could any one have any clue? $ find . -mtime -5 -maxdepth 1 -exec ls -lrt {} \; | wc -l 169 $ find . -mtime -5 -maxdepth 1 | wc -l 47 $ find . -mtime -5 -maxdepth 1 | wc -l... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

install command flag Linux/Unix issue

Hi all, I was trying to install from source USB_ModeSwitch on my Mac. I have always had success with the basic ./configure, make, make install commands in terminal so don't know how, why or what. The issue I came across is that the makefile.conf uses the -D flag while installing and on UNIX... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jprokos
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed command issue in linux

I ran one the script in debug mode in linux and have a problem ret='$prmAttunityUser=ais' Now i need to remove $ from this '$prmAttunityUser=ais' so i had added a sed command like this sed 's/$//g' but its not working could you all please help me with an alternate command I want the output... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vee_789
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable value substitution issue with awk command issue

Hi All, I am using the below script which has awk command, but it is not returing the expected result. can some pls help me to correct the command. The below script sample.ksh should give the result if the value of last 4 digits in the variable NM matches with the variable value DAT. The... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: G.K.K
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Tail command issue in Linux

Hello, When I am trying to use tail +13 filename.csv it is throwing an error. tail: cannot open `+13' for reading: No such file or directory and then prints last 10 lines of the file. (File is present on the path) But when i try tail -13 filename.csv it runs perfectly. Could I have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnkitSenghani
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Issue in tmadmin command in Linux

Hi , I am trying to execute the below command, i got error msg.. Please advice me how to solve this See, When i raised psr cmd., then i got error like above , Please help on this THanks Mani (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with awk command between Linux and Solaris

Hi, Here is the output using bash profile on Linux uptime 04:59:14 up 16 days, 4:48, 2 users, load average: 1.00, 1.00, 1.20 Here is the output using bash profile on Solaris uptime 4:00am up 84 day(s), 22:21, 3 users, load average: 0.09, 0.10, 0.12 Now,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Simple sed command not working; could be a Mac/Linux vs. PC/Linux issue

Hello, I am on a Mac and trying to clean up some monthly files with a very simple SED: sed '3,10d;/<ACROSS>/,$d' input.txt > output.txt (from the input, delete lines 3 - 10; then delete from the line containing <ACROSS> to the end of the file) then output to output.txt Even when I try... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: verbatim
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux SuSE SLES 8 error..unable to issue shutdown command

the only way we can power off is if we actually press power button on server. Running on HP DL-G4. from root, when we issue command it just returns to root prompt. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amexboy
1 Replies
Dist::Zilla::App::Command::run(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Dist::Zilla::App::Command::run(3pm)

NAME
Dist::Zilla::App::Command::run - run stuff in a dir where your dist is built VERSION
version 4.300020 SYNOPSIS
$ dzil run ./bin/myscript $ dzil run prove -bv t/mytest.t $ dzil run bash DESCRIPTION
This command will build your dist with Dist::Zilla, then build the distribution and then run a command in the build directory. It's something like doing this: dzil build rsync -avp My-Project-version/ .build/ cd .build perl Makefile.PL # or perl Build.PL make # or ./Build export PERL5LIB=$PWD/blib/lib:$PWD/blib/arch <your command as defined by rest of params> Except for the fact it's built directly in a subdir of .build (like .build/69105y2). A command returning with an non-zero error code will left the build directory behind for analysis, and "dzil" will exit with a non-zero status. Otherwise, the build directory will be removed and dzil will exit with status zero. If no run command is provided, a new default shell is invoked. This can be useful for testing your distribution as if it were installed. AUTHOR
Ricardo SIGNES <rjbs@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Ricardo SIGNES. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-21 Dist::Zilla::App::Command::run(3pm)