Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with database checking script Post 302660843 by kirkladb on Saturday 23rd of June 2012 12:40:32 PM
Old 06-23-2012
Those comments were recent additions to the script...I just uncommented them out and it gives the same error. Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking for script errors

ok, i have a script which i use to search my process' for specific keywords and kill any process containing them. there is a prompt to enter a keyword for searching and another prompt for which user you want to search the process' of. i want the script to have something that if you entered a search... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Blip
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script syntax checking

Is it possible to check the script syntax with some sort of command...? Without running the script . I'm using Sun Solaris (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjornrud
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script: want to insert values in database when update script runs

Hi , I am new to linux and also also to shell scripting. I have one shell script which unpacks .tgz file and install software on machine. When this script runs I want to insert id,filename,description(which will be in readme file),log(which will be in log file) and name of unpacked folder... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ring
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Eliminate variable checking in a script

RH Linux, $SHELL=/bin/ksh I have a .profile which I source in as such --> . .profile Whats happening is the variables are getting validated and generating errors. for example .profile export foo=/to/the/moon when I . .profile , I get : not foundmyusername/.profile or bad... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: BMetelsky
8 Replies

5. Solaris

Checking RAID health, metastat returns "no database"

Hello, I am supposed to check the RAID health of a system but when I type metastat it says "there are no existing databases" Does this mean that there is no RAID configured at all? Is there any other utility I should try? I know the system has two disks. Tanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cevspencer
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File checking script need help

Hi, Gurus, I need a scripts to check specified file if it exists or not at certain time (say every month between 5th and 7th). if file exists do something otherwise do another thing. can anybody help this? Thanks in advance :wall: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking for print with script.

Hi! During work as Oracle sysadmin. I need to print output of Oracle report (text mode) without first page. Into this page user has printed parameters of this report. My idea was check number of page breaks by running -> grep -i $'^\f' <file name> | wc -l and send to printer parameter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beckss
1 Replies

8. Programming

Dynamically checking rules in database tables using SQL

I want to check for rows in a table where all values (except the key) is empty. I am using MySQL 5.5. I plan to do this mechanically, so the approach should work for any table in my database schema. Suppose for illustration purposes I start with the following table: CREATE TABLE `sources` ( ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for continuously checking status of a another script running in background, and immedia

Hi, I want to write a script which continuously checking status of a script running in background by nohup command. And if same script is not running then immediately start the script...please help.. i am using below command to run script nohup system_traps.sh & but in some... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies
zipnote(1)						      General Commands Manual							zipnote(1)

NAME
zipnote - write the comments in zipfile to stdout, edit comments and rename files in zipfile SYNOPSIS
zipnote [-w] [-b path] [-h] [-v] [-L] zipfile ARGUMENTS
zipfile Zipfile to read comments from or edit. OPTIONS
-w Write comments to a zipfile from stdin (see below). -b path Use path for the temporary zip file. -h Show a short help. -v Show version information. -L Show software license. DESCRIPTION
zipnote writes the comments in a zipfile to stdout. This is the default mode. A second mode allows updating the comments in a zipfile as well as allows changing the names of the files in the zipfile. These modes are described below. EXAMPLES
To write all comments in a zipfile to stdout use for example zipnote foo.zip > foo.tmp This writes all comments in the zipfile foo.zip to the file foo.tmp in a specific format. If desired, this file can then be edited to change the comments and then used to update the zipfile. zipnote -w foo.zip < foo.tmp The names of the files in the zipfile can also be changed in this way. This is done by following lines like "@ name" in the created temporary file (called foo.tmp here) with lines like "@=newname" and then using the -w option as above. BUGS
The temporary file format is rather specific and zipnote is rather picky about it. It should be easier to change file names in a script. Does not yet support large (> 2 GB) or split archives. SEE ALSO
zip(1), unzip(1) AUTHOR
Info-ZIP v3.0 of 8 May 2008 zipnote(1)