Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create a file from ls -l command and append additional info to results Post 302660749 by Scrutinizer on Saturday 23rd of June 2012 03:32:45 AM
Old 06-23-2012
No pipes required:

Code:
for f in *.mak
do
  echo "dsjj/ubin/${f%.*}" 
done

---
or
Code:
for f in *.mak; do echo "dsjj/ubin/${f%.*}"; done

if you will

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dynamic time to append for every log info

Hi All, What i am looking for: i want to generate a dynamic system time for each and every data(line) which goes on generating data continously.... now i am using this script to append a time for dynamic data generation log file, tail -f filename_error.log|awk -v var="$( date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsprasanna
2 Replies

2. Programming

Insert value from field1 to field2 with additional info

Need help - hopefully I explain it correctly I have a table in mysql database with multiple fields. 2 of the fields are called id and id_link id id_link 93 http://test_server/testpage.cgi?93 95 96 97 98 I need to find the correct sql to update all of the id_link... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Sign in issues -- additional info as requested

User name: Michael Mullig <removed email addresses> (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mike Mullig
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append timestamp create .trg file for all content of an unzipped archive

Hi, I have a test.zip archive that contains test.zip --> (file_1.txt, file_2.txt , file_3.txt) I need to unzip the file like this, file_1_timestamp.txt file_1_timestamp.trg file_2_timestamp.txt file_2_timestamp.trg file_3_timestamp.txt file_3_timestamp.trg Could you please let me know... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shandel
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append awk results into file or array

for a in {1..100} do awk '{ sum+=$a} END {print sum}' a=$a file1 > file2 done I know I will get only one number if following the code above, how can I get 100 sum numbers in file2? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wanliushao
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to create new directory by date followed by identifier and additional subdirectories

I have a bash that downloads a list and if that list has data in it then a new main directory is created (with the date) with several subdirectories (example1, example2, example3). My question is in that list there are portion of specific file types (.vcf.gz) - identifier towards the end that have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh command with additional terminal command to any remote user not working script

Hello i am having an issue with bash script and this is the code now=$(cat hosts1.txt | awk '{print $2;}') while read n ;do ssh root@$now 'useradd test1; echo -e "test1\ntest1" | passwd test1 && echo "test1 ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL" >> /etc/sudoers' When i execute only part with cat, it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk to extract additional info

Hi I use multipath linux command to get LUNs info and find out if any failed. # multipath -ll >/tmp/mpfail # cat /tmp/mpfail multipath.conf line 109, invalid keyword: user_friendly_names multipath.conf line 153, invalid keyword: user_friendly_names multipath.conf line 193, invalid... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching two fields in two csv files, create new file and append match

I am trying to parse two csv files and make a match in one column then print the entire file to a new file and append an additional column that gives description from the match to the new file. If a match is not made, I would like to add "NA" to the end of the file Command that Ive been using... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dis0wned
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a text file and a pdf file from Linux command results.

Hello. The task : Using multiple commands like : gdisk -l $SOME_DISK >> $SOME_FILEI generate some text file. For readiness I must insert page break. When the program is finished I want to convert the final text file to a pdf file. When finished, I got two files : One text file and One pdf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)