Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create a file from ls -l command and append additional info to results Post 302660717 by zedex on Saturday 23rd of June 2012 01:11:00 AM
Old 06-23-2012
Not sure if i understood you correctly, you need want to list .mak files and then create file for every listed .mak file under some directory!!

Not tested!!

Code:
ls -l *mak | cut -d. -f1 | xargs -iFile touch <dir/path>/File

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dynamic time to append for every log info

Hi All, What i am looking for: i want to generate a dynamic system time for each and every data(line) which goes on generating data continously.... now i am using this script to append a time for dynamic data generation log file, tail -f filename_error.log|awk -v var="$( date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsprasanna
2 Replies

2. Programming

Insert value from field1 to field2 with additional info

Need help - hopefully I explain it correctly I have a table in mysql database with multiple fields. 2 of the fields are called id and id_link id id_link 93 http://test_server/testpage.cgi?93 95 96 97 98 I need to find the correct sql to update all of the id_link... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Sign in issues -- additional info as requested

User name: Michael Mullig <removed email addresses> (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mike Mullig
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append timestamp create .trg file for all content of an unzipped archive

Hi, I have a test.zip archive that contains test.zip --> (file_1.txt, file_2.txt , file_3.txt) I need to unzip the file like this, file_1_timestamp.txt file_1_timestamp.trg file_2_timestamp.txt file_2_timestamp.trg file_3_timestamp.txt file_3_timestamp.trg Could you please let me know... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shandel
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append awk results into file or array

for a in {1..100} do awk '{ sum+=$a} END {print sum}' a=$a file1 > file2 done I know I will get only one number if following the code above, how can I get 100 sum numbers in file2? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wanliushao
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to create new directory by date followed by identifier and additional subdirectories

I have a bash that downloads a list and if that list has data in it then a new main directory is created (with the date) with several subdirectories (example1, example2, example3). My question is in that list there are portion of specific file types (.vcf.gz) - identifier towards the end that have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh command with additional terminal command to any remote user not working script

Hello i am having an issue with bash script and this is the code now=$(cat hosts1.txt | awk '{print $2;}') while read n ;do ssh root@$now 'useradd test1; echo -e "test1\ntest1" | passwd test1 && echo "test1 ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL" >> /etc/sudoers' When i execute only part with cat, it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk to extract additional info

Hi I use multipath linux command to get LUNs info and find out if any failed. # multipath -ll >/tmp/mpfail # cat /tmp/mpfail multipath.conf line 109, invalid keyword: user_friendly_names multipath.conf line 153, invalid keyword: user_friendly_names multipath.conf line 193, invalid... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching two fields in two csv files, create new file and append match

I am trying to parse two csv files and make a match in one column then print the entire file to a new file and append an additional column that gives description from the match to the new file. If a match is not made, I would like to add "NA" to the end of the file Command that Ive been using... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dis0wned
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a text file and a pdf file from Linux command results.

Hello. The task : Using multiple commands like : gdisk -l $SOME_DISK >> $SOME_FILEI generate some text file. For readiness I must insert page break. When the program is finished I want to convert the final text file to a pdf file. When finished, I got two files : One text file and One pdf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)