Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Ubuntu 10.10 headphone/headset sound issues Post 302660641 by Corona688 on Friday 22nd of June 2012 06:00:49 PM
Old 06-22-2012
It's still the same sound system. Config files might be in slightly different locations, etc. But it's still Linux, and still ALSA.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sound issues and hangging up

I am fairly new to unix, I have recently installed 7.2 red hat as a work station. In my hard ware browe i think it is. I can see my sound card listed there but it does not work. I have tried sndcnfig and the shell can not find it. I am lost here. my sound card is sound blaster live value. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joestyles
3 Replies

2. Ubuntu

[UBUNTU] mount.nfs fails in Ubuntu / Works on Red Hat!!!

Gurus, I want log in locally to my Lucid (10.04) workstation and have my code saved over the network on my samba account At work, all developers have samba user ids and when we were running Red Hat, we went thru the following procedure to get setup. * open a shell session to NFS server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
2 Replies

3. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Virtual sound card for Ubuntu

We are using vmware ESX host. I have converted ubuntu notebook from physical to virtual. I need sound card for audio call testing but ESX isn't support sound card. Picture is attached. I can use virtual sound card for w7 on ESX using with VAC (virtual audio cable) <a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: getrue
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Sudo issues with Ubuntu 7.10 Running on a Ultra SPARC Machine

I have a Sun Blade 1000 machine that I installed Ubuntu 7.10 SPARC onto. The only user configured (configure during install) cannot use sudo. When I try to issue a command using sudo (ex. sudo apt-get install) it asks me for my password and returns the error "user not found in sudoers file". I need... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swilso
4 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Ubuntu 12.04 Using Gnome Shell NM Applet Issues

I think it may be a bug: This is the scenario: I installed a barebones Ubuntu 12.04 using GNOME-SHELL on a usbstick(work related project). All worked fine from the laptop that I did the installation from. It grabbed an ip address automatically assigning the nic (eth0) and the wireless... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Ubuntu Install on Sun Fire X4100 network issues

Hi I have two Sun Fire X4100 machines with Ubuntu 12.04 installed on them. I am able to configure the Net Mgt port with an IP address and access the ILOM from the browser. I can also boot the Ubuntu installed and redirect the output. The issue i have is that when i configure the network... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaf3773
0 Replies
AMBDEC(1)						      General Commands Manual							 AMBDEC(1)

NAME
ambdec - Ambisonic decoder for first and second order SYNOPSIS
ambdec [options] ambdec_cli config_file DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the ambdec and ambdec_cli commands. AmbDec is an Ambisonics decoder for up to 36 speakers. It can be used for both horizontal and full 3-D systems of first, second and third order. The decoding matrices are fully user-configurable. AmbDec has some advanced features not found on most decoders: Dual frequency band operation. Optimal Ambisonics reproduction requires a different decoder for low and high frequencies. This is so mainly because human perception of sound direction uses different mechanisms at low and high frequencies. The crossover filters used in AmbDec are phase-aligned (the two outputs are exactly in phase at all frequencies). The combined response is equivalent to a first-order all-pass network, which is very probably inaudible. Speaker distance compensation. If the speakers are not all at the same distance to the center of the listening area, this must be compen- sated by including the right delays and gain corrections. Near-field effect compensation. Ambisonics works by reconstructing the spherical harmonic components of a sound field at the center of the listening area, using all speakers to synthesize each of them. All non-zero order components show a near-field effect depending on the ratio wavelength=distance, and increasing for rising order. One example of this is the well known 'proximity effect' of directional micro- phones ('directional' is equivalent to 'using non-zero order components'). Except in very large installations, where the speaker distances will be large enough so the listening area is not in the near field, this effect must be compensated for in order to obtain a correct reconstruction of a sound field. OPTIONS
ambdec accepts the following command line options: -h Show summary of options. -c FILE Load configuration from FILE. -p PATH Load presets from PATH. -V VOLUME Set initial volume in dB. AUTHOR
ambdec was written by Fons Adriaensen <fons@kokkinizita.net>. This manual page was written by Alessio Treglia <quadrispro@ubuntu.com>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). 2010/03/14 AMBDEC(1)