Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to search for pattern in odd lines? Post 302660547 by kaaliakahn on Friday 22nd of June 2012 03:42:26 PM
Old 06-22-2012
dude
you are printing both the pattern (on the odd line) and the next line (even line). That is why you will get the 2nd zero as a result of pattern match on the previous odd line.

Does that sound good?

Please ask more questions if you feel.

Thanks a lot for your effort.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search file for pattern and grab some lines before pattern

I want to search a file for a string and then if the string is found I need the line that the string is on - but also the previous two lines from the file (that the pattern will not be found in) This is on solaris Can you help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print lines between the search pattern

hi, I have a file say x.txt containing xxx 123 bla bla ... you xxx dfk dbf ... me xxx ... ... keeps on.. i need to search for pattern in the line starting xxx in the file. If pattern matched, I need to fetch all the lines till i find next xxx. (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: prsshini
17 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern search in multiple lines

Hi, I have to search those statements from the file which starts from "shanky"(only shanky, shanky09 or 09shanky is not allowed) and ends with ");". These two string can be in a same line or different line. And also i have to negate those lines which starts with #. Can any one please give me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanky09
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for Pattern and Print including Lines in between

Gurus, I have a big file that needs to be sorted out and I cant figure out what to do. The file name is as below: Name: xxxx yyyy nnnn Description: dfffgs sdgsgsf hsfhhs afgghhjdgj fjklllll gsfhfh Updated: jafgadsgg gsg Corrected: date today The file consists of line like these. ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: The One
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

read lines between search pattern

I have a file split something like 01/11/2010: No of users 100 02/11/2010: No of users 102 03/11/2010: No of users 99 ... I want to search the file for a particular date and then extract the following line with the date, something like 02/11/2010 No of users 102 I can grep... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

search pattern and read lines

Hi, I have a huge de-limited file which has pattern : 99"9876"2010-11-21 12:51:01"J"MNOPQRS ID# 2-1234-1234-0099-9876-0 "" <<read>> 99"9876"2010-11-21 12:51:01"K"R-EMP# 01234567 (LOGOFF) "" <<read>> 99"9876"2010-11-21 12:51:01"L" *AUTO LOGOFF* ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: angie1234
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search pattern on logfile and search for day/dates and skip duplicate lines if any

Hi, I've written a script to search for an Oracle ORA- error on a log file, print that line and the .trc file associated with it as well as the dateline of when I assumed the error occured. In most it is the first dateline previous to the error. Unfortunately, this is not a fool proof script.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find to delete lines with pattern and even or odd number

In the below directory I am trying to delete all lines with a .bam extention that have the pattern IonCode_ followed by an even number. I am also trying to delete all lines with a .fastq extention that have the pattern IonCode_ followed by an odd number. I was going to use find but can see all... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk with sed to combine lines and remove specific odd # pattern from line

In the awk piped to sed below I am trying to format file by removing the odd xxxx_digits and whitespace after, then move the even xxxx_digit to the line above it and add a space between them. There may be multiple lines in file but they are in the same format. The Filename_ID line is the last line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
XSetDashes()															      XSetDashes()

Name
  XSetDashes - set a pattern of line dashes in a graphics context.

Synopsis
  XSetDashes(display, gc, dash_offset, dash_list, n)
	Display *display;
	GC gc;
	int dash_offset;
	char dash_list[];
	int n;

Arguments
  display   Specifies a connection to an X server; returned from XOpenDisplay().

gc	    Specifies the graphics context.

dash_offset
	    Specifies the phase of the pattern for the dashed line style.

dash_list Specifies the dash list for the dashed line style.	An odd-length list is equivalent to the same list concatenated with itself to
	    produce an even-length list.

n	    Specifies the length of the dash list argument.

Description
  XSetDashes() sets the dashes component of a GC.  The initial and alternating elements of the dash_list argument are the dashes, the  others
  are  the  gaps.   All of the elements must be non-zero, with lengths measured in pixels.  The dash_offset argument defines the phase of the
  pattern, specifying how many pixels into the dash_list the pattern should actually begin in the line drawn by the request.

n specifies the length of dash_list.	An odd value for n is interpreted as specifying the dash_list concatenated  with  itself  to  produce
  twice as long a list.

Ideally,  a dash length is measured along the slope of the line, but server implementors are only required to match this ideal for horizon-
  tal and vertical lines.  Failing the ideal semantics, it is suggested that the length be measured along the major axis of  the  line.   The
  major  axis  is  defined as the x axis for lines drawn at an angle of between -45 and +45 degrees or between 315 and 225 degrees from the x
  axis.  For all other lines, the major axis is the y axis.

See Volume One, Chapter 5, The Graphics Context, for further information.

Errors
  BadAlloc

BadGC

BadValue  No values in dash_list.
	    Element in dash_list is 0.

See Also
  XDefaultGC(), XChangeGC(), XCopyGC(), XCreateGC(), XFreeGC(), XGContextFromGC(), XSetArcMode(), XSetBackground(), XSetClipMask(),  XSetCli-
  pOrigin(),  XSetClipRectangles(),  XSetFillRule(),  XSetFillStyle(), XSetForeground(), XSetFunction(), XSetGraphicsExposures(), XSetLineAt-
  tributes(), XSetPlaneMask(), XSetState(), XSetStipple(), XSetSubwindowMode(), XSetTSOrigin().

Xlib - Graphics Context 													      XSetDashes()