Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Remote desktop for mac unix commands Post 302660397 by jcahn93 on Friday 22nd of June 2012 12:15:10 PM
Old 06-22-2012
thanks, yeah my problem again is that it is not a "Full Terminal" just a unix command line. I don't necessary like apple. they get annoying and either take forever or don't answer my questions.

Thanks Though,

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Commands from 'Unix® for Mac®' book

Hi everyone, first day on the job. I'm attempting to learn Unix from the 'Unix® for Mac®' book. On page 11 there are instructions to enter certain commands but for me they don't work. user% which w is supposed to result in: -/usr/bin/w -I get a "command not found" darwin:~] user%... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank Hunter
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Commands to copy a tar.gz file from a Remote Unix Server to Local Desktop.

Hi, Just wanted to know, how can I ftp/transfer/copy a (design.tar.gz) archive from a Unix Server (sdmc222.sdmc.cp-srv.com) which is at a remote location, to my Windows Desktop. Obviously, it is not possible at cmd prompt on my Windows using the following commands :- ftp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marconi
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can BASH execute commands on a remote server when the commands are embedded in shell

I want to log into a remote server transfer over a new config and then backup the existing config, replace with the new config. I am not sure if I can do this with BASH scripting. I have set up password less login by adding my public key to authorized_keys file, it works. I am a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Triggering remote UNIX shell script from Remote desktop

I m trying to run a batch script in remote desktop which executes unix commands on the unix server...the problem is i wnt the output in HTML format.so in my batch script i m giving the cmd like ssh hostname path ksh HC_Report.ksh>out.html ...but it generates the HTML file in remote desktop .i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: navsan
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run UNIX commands on remote machine from windows?

Hi All, I am working in support and we are planning to automate a system to reduce the direct manual intervention to core system. Please find the below details. 1. we have a web application that runs on Windows Platform. 2. From web application, we need to connect to remote Unix machine.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balaji K
6 Replies
CONVERT_SEQ(1)							   User Commands						    CONVERT_SEQ(1)

NAME
convert_seq - conversion of sequence and alignment formats SYNOPSIS
convert_seq [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
convert_seq is used for sequence and alignment format conversion. Instead of using command line arguments it starts a conversation with the user where the desired function can be invoked by answering questions. This program is used by the prof(1) secondary structure, accessibility and transmembrane helix predictor from Burkhard Rost. OPTIONS
None. Answer questions printed on STDOUT by typing your choice into STDIN. AUTHORS
Reinhard Schneider Mar, 1991 version 1.0 LION http://www.lion-ag/ Heidelberg Ulrike Goebel Mar, 1997 version 1.1 LION http://www.lion-ag/ Heidelberg Reinhard Schneider Mar, 1997 version 2.0 LION http://www.lion-ag/ Heidelberg Burkhard Rost May, 1998 version 2.1 EMBL/LION Heidelberg Burkhard Rost Oct, 1998 version 2.2 Laszlo Kajan <lkajan@rostlab.org> TU Muenchen, Germany Guy Yachdav <gyachdav@rostlab.org> CUBIC (Columbia University, NY, USA), Technical University Munich (Munich, DE), BioSof LLC (USA) SEE ALSO
prof(1), filter_hssp(1) 1.0.9 2011-09-27 CONVERT_SEQ(1)