Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find line number
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find line number Post 302660233 by elixir_sinari on Friday 22nd of June 2012 08:54:23 AM
Old 06-22-2012
Code:
sed -n '/^9$/=' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to find the number of tab delimiters in a line

Hi, I need to find the number of tab delimiters in the first line of a file.So using word=`head -1 files.txt` I have extracted the first line of file into a variable word.It has 20 tab delimted columns.So can anyone help me in finding the number of delimiters? I am using csh and I am a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: poornimajayan
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find the line number of a pattern of first appearance??

Hi, I am doin a project in shell script please answer the above question..... waiting........ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivarajM
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

to find the number from a line.

Hi, I need to write a script which will have a text string as a input and the output should find out the number in the text string and add one to it. Eg: Input => asfdosainovih1234lnsiohn Output => 1235 All the numbers in the text will be together and only one time in the line. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikings.svnit
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find out line number of matching string using grep

Hi all, I want to display line number for matching string in a file. can anyone please help me. I used grep -n "ABC" file so it displays 6 ABC. But i only want to have line number,i don't want that it should prefix matching context with line number. Actually my original... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take each number in table row and find the difference from the corresponding line

I have a two files containing numbers like below. First one contains one number on each line, the other is a table of numbers, each separated by a space. There are the same number of lines in each file. I want to take each number in the row of the table and find the difference from the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find line number of bad data in large file

Hi Forum. I was trying to search the following scenario on the forum but was not able to. Let's say that I have a very large file that has some bad data in it (for ex: 0.0015 in the 12th column) and I would like to find the line number and remove that particular line. What's the easiest... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i find the first number in each line and insert dummy string into the missing columns?

Hi, I have one input file with the following content: MY_inpfile.txt Aname1 Cname1 Cname2 1808 5 Aname2 Cname1 1802 47 Bname1 ? 1819 22 Bname2 Cname1 1784 11 Bname3 1817 9 Zname1 Cname1 1805 59 Zname2 Cname1 Cname2 Cname3 1797 27 Every line in my input file have a 4 digit... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Szaffy
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find line number?

I have a data file (which has five columns) from which im finding column count of all the records and writing into separate file say "colcnt.txt". And I find one (or more) records have less column counts (i.e split records). I need to know which record(s) have that split scenario. Is there any way... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prashanth B
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to find number in a field then print the line and the number

Hi I want to use awk to match where field 3 contains a number within string - then print the line and just the number as a new field. The source file is pipe delimited and looks something like 1|net|ABC Letr1|1530||| 1|net|EXP_1040 ABC|1121||| 1|net|EXP_TG1224|1122||| 1|net|R_North|1123|||... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mudshark
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find encapsulating function name from line number?

I am looking at a log file which just tells me the filename and the line number inside that file that has the Error. What I am interested is knowing the encapsulating function. For example, here are the contents of the log file Error: foo.file on line wxy Error: foo.file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)