Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Working on files with names containing arbitrary indices in shell Post 302660211 by complex.invoke on Friday 22nd of June 2012 08:31:51 AM
Old 06-22-2012
Code:
[root@node2 ~]# echo file{0009..0011}.txt
file0009.txt file0010.txt file0011.txt

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Max amount of awk array indices

Does anyone know what the max amount of indices you can store in a awk array? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Working with folder names

I have the following directory structure: /maindir /maindir/product1/ /maindir/product1/type1 /maindir/product1/type2 /maindir/product1/type3 /maindir/product2/ /maindir/product2/type1 /maindir/product2/type2 /maindir/product2/type3 /maindir/product2/type4 ... I'm able to traverse... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricksj
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to copy files followed by list of names of all the files in /etc?

....... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcbuilder
2 Replies

4. Programming

Returning start/end indices

I have an array of distances and a len, for example len = 323 dist = I want to calculate the start and end index values around each distance in the array with a length of len from it. Values in dist are stored in ascending order. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding indices in an array nearest to a set of values

I have an two arrays. One array BINDIST consists of fences. I have another array XOFFS. Eg BINDIST = 0 10 20 30 40 50 60 XOFFS = 2 3 4 23 25 28 55 58 I want to find to find the indices of values in XOFFS that are closest to each BINDIST. My idea is to do as follows I create array... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Working with file-names

Hello forum, I am new to shellscripting. My first goal is to write a script that verifies that for each file in one path there is an associated one in another path. The association is deviated by a distinct 'part' of the filename(s). Therefore I wanted to work with substitution. Here is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danielandross
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Name resolution is only working from server side. Clients cannot resolve host names.

Hi Folks, Could anyone please point me to the right direction as I have spent so much time on this without luck. :wall: I have installed Bind on my CentOS 5 server for internal network. The name resolution is working from the server itself only but not from the clients. --------------... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbadmin100
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude certain file names while selectingData files coming in different names in a file name called

Data files coming in different names in a file name called process.txt. 1. shipments_yyyymmdd.gz 2 Order_yyyymmdd.gz 3. Invoice_yyyymmdd.gz 4. globalorder_yyyymmdd.gz The process needs to discard all the below files and only process two of the 4 file names available ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravanam
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

List files of arbitrary depth according to a given pattern

I would like to list all the .c and .h files in the current directory or any of its subdirectories. I tried ls -R *.c *.h or ls -R | *.c *.h but that doesn't work. A related question : how to copy all the .c and .h files in the current directory or any of its subdirectories into another... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakezkerrien
3 Replies
grcompiler(1)															     grcompiler(1)

NAME
grcompiler - Compile GDL into a TrueType Font SYNOPSIS
grcompiler [-d] [-D] [-g] [-n number] [-v number] [-w number] [-wall] [-q] gdl-file font-file [output-file] [output-fontname] Description Grcompiler compiles a Graphite Description Language description of the smarts for a font along with a TrueType Font to create a graphite font with graphite tables in it. -d Generate XML debugger file. -D Generate all debugger files. -g Permit and ignore invalid glyph definitions. -nnumber Set name table start location. -q Quiet mode (no messages except on error). -vnumber Set Silf table version number. -wnnnn Ignore warning with the given number. This option may be repeated. -wall Display all warnings. Environment grcompiler makes use of the following environment variables GDLPP Specifies the command to execute to run the GDL preprocessor Files gdlerr.txt Warnings and errors are output to this file. dbg_classes.txt Debug file that specifies the classes stored in the font in terms of their GDL source and containing glyph ids in hex. dbg_cmap.txt Debug file giving Unicode to glyph mapping of all the glyphs in the font and vice versa. dbg_enginecode.txt Debug file containing the action code and constraint code associated with each pass and rule in a pass. dbg_fsm.txt Debug file that gives the finite state machines of each pass and the rules referenced. For each pass, a mapping is given between glyph and column number. dbg_glyphattrs.txt Debug file containing all the glyph attributes and their names, along with values specified for each glyph. dbg_parsetree.txt Debug file giving the complete parse tree of the GDL source file. dbg_ruleprec.txt Debug file that lists the rules in precedence order (order in which they will be tested) for each pass. $_temp.gdl Debug file containing the output of gdlpp Author Martin Hosken <mhosken@users.sourceforge.net> $Date: 2012-05-29 11:36:50 $ grcompiler(1)