Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Generate a Execution time reports using log files. Post 302660187 by k_vikash on Friday 22nd of June 2012 08:01:00 AM
Old 06-22-2012
Below is the output of uname -a

Code:
Linux prod 2.6.18-128.1.10.el5.xs5.5.0.51xen #1 SMP Wed Nov 11 08:31:24 EST 2009 x86_64

Last edited by methyl; 06-22-2012 at 09:18 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help generate report from log files

Hi Expert, I have some confusing to generate report from the log file as shown below: filename :test1.log start_time date end_time number code P 000029.621 20070823 000029 12134567890 111111111111 00 0 000 003... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

generating reports based on time field of network data

hi i have data extracted in the following format ranging around 300000 to 800000 records in a text file , the format is of network data . No. Time Source Destination Protocol 1 1998-06-05 17:20:23.569905 HP_61:aa:c9 HP_61:aa:c9 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: renukaprasadb
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to search reports with specified keyword in log

Hi, I have a question with sed/awk. When I handle some log files I want to search all reports with specified keyword. For example, in the log below. abcd efg ===start abc e ===end xyz ===start af f ===end nf ga ===start ab ===end (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: danielnpu
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating formatted reports from log files

Given that I have a log file of the format: DATE ID LOG_LEVEL | EVENT 2009-07-23T14:05:11Z T-4030097550 D | MessX 2009-07-23T14:10:44Z T-4030097550 D | MessY 2009-07-23T14:34:08Z T-7298651656 D | MessX 2009-07-23T14:41:00Z T-7298651656 D | MessY 2009-07-23T15:05:10Z T-4030097550 D | MessZ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: daccad
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate array name at run time Korn shell

Hi, I am trying to define number of array based on constant derived during execution phase of a script. Here is what i am trying.. #First Part, Get LUN input from User lun_count=4 count=0 set -A my_lun while : do while ]; do read L?"Enter Lun "$count" Number:" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harris2107
2 Replies

6. Linux

Generating apache log reports

Hello all, I'm trying to find some tool on generating reports based on apache access_log files (of Common format). I found some of them (awstats, lire/logreport, weblog expert, apache logs viewer, etc..) but they generate some global and general report about the log file. Also some perl... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: enux
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can view log messages between two time frame from /var/log/message or any type of log files

How can view log messages between two time frame from /var/log/message or any type of log files. when logfiles are very big and especially many messages with in few minutes, I would like to display log messages between 5 minute interval. Could you pls give me the command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

time taken for execution

how much time a particular command or shell script executed there is any command to know this thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsurendra
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to generate html reports through LINUX Scripting?

Hi All, I am trying to generate a weekly HTML report using LINUX Scripting. This will have record counts of some files. (like below) touch path/filename.html echo "Weekly Summary Report for Business Date : $P_BUS_DT">path/filename.html export A1=`cat path/filename1.txt |wc -l` echo "A1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to generate all combinations of group lists at the same time?

Hi, everyone I have a group lists like this (more lines are omitted: a b c d E F G H .... I want to generate all combinations of two elements in each group line. What I expected is this: a b a c a d b c b d c d E F E G E H F G F H G H (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nengcheng
8 Replies
DOVEADM-LOG(1)							      Dovecot							    DOVEADM-LOG(1)

NAME
doveadm-log - Locate, test or reopen Dovecot's log files SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] log errors [-s min_timestamp] doveadm [-Dv] log find [directory] doveadm [-Dv] log reopen doveadm [-Dv] log test DESCRIPTION
The doveadm log commands are used to locate and reopen the log files of dovecot(1). It's also possible to test the configured targets of the *log_path settings. OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. COMMANDS
log errors doveadm log errors [-s min_timestamp] The log errors command is used to show the last - up to 1,000 - errors and warnings. If no output is generated, no errors have occurred since the last start. -s min_timestamp An integer value, representing seconds since the epoch - also known as Unix timestamp. When a min_timestamp was given, doveadm(1) will only show errors occurred since that point in time. log find doveadm log find [directory] The log find command is used to show the location of the log files, to which dovecot(1) sends its log messages. If dovecot(1) logs its messages through syslogd(8) and doveadm(1) could not find any log files, you can specify the directory where your syslogd writes its log files. log reopen doveadm log reopen This command causes doveadm to reopen all log files, configured in the log_path, info_log_path and debug_log_path settings. These settings are configured in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-logging.conf. This is for example useful after manually rotating the log files. log test doveadm log test This command causes doveadm to write the message "This is Dovecot's priority log (timestamp)" to the configured log files. The used prior- ities are: debug, info, warning, error and fatal. EXAMPLE
This example shows how to locate the log files used by dovecot(1). doveadm log find Looking for log files from /var/log Debug: /var/log/dovecot.debug Info: /var/log/mail.log Warning: /var/log/mail.log Error: /var/log/mail.log Fatal: /var/log/mail.log REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1) Dovecot v2.2 2013-11-24 DOVEADM-LOG(1)