Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find out whether directory has been updated with files in the last 5 minutes or not Post 302660125 by clx on Friday 22nd of June 2012 06:07:04 AM
Old 06-22-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rituparna_gupta
However, the Unix I am using does not support various command : like find -mtime, etc.
In that case, better to post the OS info and shell version first.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find files onder than 15 minutes

Hi Friends, i have to write a script to raise a flag if there are any files that are older than 15 minutes in the directory.The directory is supplied as the parameter to the script. please help with a sample script. Thanks in advance veera (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sveera
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

only find files older than x minutes old

I am looking for a way to show files that have been created within a certain period (say anything older than 10 minutes or so). Is there a command/series of commands I can do this with? As an example, I have the following in a directory: -rw-r--r-- 1 owner group 70175 May 16 09:10... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsimpg1
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files on minutes basis

Hello, I was trying to find files which are created in last five minutes . I tried to use command find with ntime and mtime but was not successfull then i read from this forum that we can not have a find option on minutes or seconds or hours...... Can somebody Pls expalin how can i search... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_aparna
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete files older than 5 minutes in directory (recursively)

sorry guys can some please give me a hint how to achieve this in a slick oneliner? delete files older than 5 minutes in specified directory (recursively) peace (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scarfake
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find recently updated files in home directory

Is there a shell command that will allow me to list index files in the /home directory for all users on a server that have been updated within the past 24 hours? (e.g. index.htm .html .php in/home/user1/public_html /home/user2/public_html /home/user3/public_html etc ) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kain
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files which are <n> minutes old

Hi, i want to find certain files which are more than <n> minutes old,i have the command to find the files say <n> days old(as below) but not in terms of minutes. find . -name "14*.000" -type f -mtime +1 Is there any way to find this? Regards, Cherry (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cherryven75
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find files created within 30 minutes

find . -name *.txt -mmin -30 This is working in Redhat but not in Solaris.. What is the equivalent option in Solaris? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tene
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed to print the not updated files in the Directory

Hi All, I have written one program to print the files which are not updated in the specified directory in .Dat file. If I am executing the same command in the command prompt its working fine but if I am executing in shell script it's not working fine. Please correct if any thing wrong in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbc17484
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find file that are accessed less than 10 minutes in a directory

Hi All,, I need to find the latest files that are accessed less than 10mins in a particular directory & send those files in an attachment. I could use the below simple one. But if the directory was not updated any recently i could mail the old file again, i need to eliminate that.. What shld... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeevitha
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find if create time of last created file in a directory is older than 5 minutes

A process xyz is running and creating file1, file2, file3, .... filen. how do i know if the process has stopped and createtime of the last file (filen) is older than 5 minutes? OS is AIX (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaika
3 Replies
lndir(1X)																 lndir(1X)

NAME
lndir - create a shadow directory of symbolic links to another directory tree SYNOPSIS
lndir fromdir [todir] DESCRIPTION
lndir makes a shadow copy todir of a directory tree fromdir, except that the shadow is not populated with real files but instead with sym- bolic links pointing at the real files in the fromdir directory tree. This is usually useful for maintaining source code for different machine architectures. You create a shadow directory containing links to the real source which you will have usually NFS mounted from a machine of a different architecture, and then recompile it. The object files will be in the shadow directory, while the source files in the shadow directory are just symlinks to the real files. This has the advantage that if you update the source, you need not propagate the change to the other architectures by hand, since all source in shadow directories are symlinks to the real thing: just cd to the shadow directory and recompile. The todir argument is optional and defaults to the current directory. The fromdir argument may be relative (e.g., ../src) and is relative to todir (not the current directory). Note that RCS, SCCS, and CVS.adm directories are not shadowed. Note also that if you add files, you must run lndir again. Deleting files is difficult because the symlinks will point to places that no longer exist. BUGS
The patch routine needs to be able to change the files. You should never run patch from a shadow directory. Use a command like the following to clear out all files before you can relink (if the fromdir has been moved, for instance): find todir -type l -print | xargs rm The following command will find all files that are not directories: find . ! -type d -print lndir(1X)