Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications mplayer snapshot commands not working Post 302660023 by slak0 on Friday 22nd of June 2012 03:24:35 AM
Old 06-22-2012
I won't attempt to understand how Reelbox is created/configured as I have enough with Slackware. I think we can both be confident that the respective boxes are properly built and configured. If we accept that I am curious what results U obtained from running any/all of the 5 Mplayer commands as I have been told each works and that the unnumbered one which I listed did work on my earlier version. I suspect the numbered versions were used with web cams and a filled out configuration file. I am running with no command options being available from the system directed /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf nor users .mplayer/conf (except for alang, slang, (each is =en) and cache=8192 configuration files. Thanx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

differnce between working of at and crontab commands

h I would like to know the differnce (both working and how) between at command and crontab.. Thanks in advance Satish D (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: doddas
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get shell commands working through ruby?

Hi all, I am a newbie currently trying to execute shell commands from ruby instead of a shell script.(This method is conceived only for solaris so no issues with porting to other OS and all) Eg: Consider the command 'ls" with a shell script ,I would use it like this bash# ls <all the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

commands after .profile modification not working

Hi , I have modified .profile and after that i ran it as .profile. Now no command i working even ls is not working When i type ls , it is showing that -ksh not found I tried to run as . $home/.profile , it is saying as permission denied . How can we do that .. any idea.. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

commands not working if the executed from forked process

Hi, I have an application where if it runs indivisually could able to execute commands (like system("ls")) and could able to execute tcl script. Same application if started from health monitor process (From health monitor process my application will be forked), it could not execute the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandrutiptur
1 Replies

5. Fedora

wall and write commands are not working

hi friends i am using fedora linux operating system on the server and two clients(with windows os) are connected to it(server ).but here wall and write cmds are not working to send messages from one system to another system . pls help me (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankar_vitam
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commands not working in script file

Hi All, I have created a shell script having some general copying and moving commands. Commands are working fine in Shell but while executing the shell script it is showing an error mv: cannot stat `/apps/orarpt/in/*': No such file or directory command is mv $IN_DIR* $ARCHIVE_DIR where... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maindola.amit
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED sub commands in KSH not working for me

I am using SED to edit a file (called file) the file contains the word "ERROR" and I want to use SED to: 1. Search for text "ERROR" If found, 2. Append new line with text "hoi" I tried: sed 's/ERROR/ a\hoi' file sed 's/ERROR/ a\ hoi' file I get all the time the error sed:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alex400
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp commands not working in shell script

hi, i am having 2 linux boxes as source and 1 linux box as destination.i want to create a shell script containing code to transfer a csv file from either of the 2 linux boxes (file will be present in just one box, i need to check both the boxes to see which box has the csv file) to 3rd linux box... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linuxlearn2013
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commands not working with ssh remote login

Hi Friends, I am unable to run our application commands on remote server using ssh (passwordless login enabled). But the same command running with telent perl script. please suggest. SSH: C:/bin>ssh -l monitor tl04cp01 exec "/home/monitor/123" /home/monitor/123: viewlog: not found. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
7 Replies

10. Solaris

Tilde commands not working

Hi I have a script that it sends emails to various recipients using mailx, but some of the recipients should be sent as BCC, but ~b flag when used in the following line, does not put the gmail address as BCC: echo "node $output is down" | mailx -s "$output not pinging" sadf@xyz.com ~b... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
8 Replies
pam_user.conf(4)					     Kernel Interfaces Manual						  pam_user.conf(4)

NAME
pam_user.conf - user configuration file for pluggable authentication modules SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
is the user configuration file for the Pluggable Authentication Module architecture, or PAM. It is not designed to replace the PAM system configuration file, For PAM to work properly, is mandatory (see pam.conf(4)). is optional. It is used only when a user basis configura- tion is needed. It mainly specifies options to be used by service modules on a user basis. The options defined in indicate the default for users who are not configured in or if the module type is not configured for some users. For the configuration in to take effect, needs to configure service module (see pam.conf(4)). Simplified pam_user.conf Configuration File The file contains a listing of login names. Each login name is paired with a corresponding service module with or without options speci- fied. Each entry has the following format: login_name module_type module_path options Below is an example of the configuration file. tom auth /usr/lib/security/$ISA/libpam_unix.so.1 debug use_psd tom auth /usr/lib/security/$ISA/libpam_dce.so.1 use_first_pass tom account /usr/lib/security/$ISA/libpam_unix.so.1 use_psd tom account /usr/lib/security/$ISA/libpam_dce.so.1 try_first_pass susan auth /usr/lib/security/$ISA/libpam_unix.so.1 susan auth /usr/lib/security/$ISA/libpam_dce.so.1 try_first_pass The login_name denotes the login name of a user (for example, For detailed information on module_type, module_path, and options, see pam.conf(4). The first entry indicates that when the UNIX authentication is invoked for the options and will be used. The second entry indicates that when the DCE authentication is invoked for the option will be used. The module type is not configured for therefore, the options will take effect. For those users who are not configured, the options apply. Notes If an error is found in an entry due to invalid login_name or module_type, then the entry is ignored. If there are no valid entries for the given module_type, the PAM framework ignores and reads the configuration in EXAMPLES
The following is a sample configuration file. Lines that begin with the symbol are treated as comments, and therefore ignored. # # PAM user configuration # # Authentication management john auth /usr/lib/security/$ISA/libpam_unix.so.1 john auth /usr/lib/security/$ISA/libpam_inhouse.so.1 try_first_pass david auth /usr/lib/security/$ISA/libpam_unix.so.1 use_psd david auth /usr/lib/security/$ISA/libpam_inhouse.so.1 try_first_pass susan auth /usr/lib/security/$ISA/libpam_unix.so.1 use_psd susan auth /usr/lib/security/$ISA/libpam_inhouse.so.1 try_first_pass # Password management john password /usr/lib/security/$ISA/libpam_unix.so.1 david password /usr/lib/security/$ISA/libpam_unix.so.1 use_psd susan password /usr/lib/security/$ISA/libpam_unix.so.1 use_psd SEE ALSO
pam(3), pam.conf(4). pam_user.conf(4)