Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Grep on zip file problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep on zip file problem Post 302659717 by Corona688 on Thursday 21st of June 2012 10:31:22 AM
Old 06-21-2012
You haven't explained enough -- I can't extrapolate what a broken program does since it's broken!

Display what value? Why are you sedding and awking and grepping? You're trying to rearrange something into something else, but without knowing the input you have and the output you want, I can only make wild guesses.

Show a relevant sample of the (uncompressed) contents of one of the files, and the output you expect from that, so I can help you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep throught Zip file.

Hi, There are serveral files available in a folder. 1. Is there any way I get the list of zip files which contain abc.txt 2. Is ther any way, I get the list of zip file which contain a file which inturn content like "First line of file" There are lot of huge zip files. Kind Reards Deepak (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unzip .zip file and list the files included in the .zip archive

Hello, I am trying to return the name of the resulting file from a .zip archive file using unix unzip command. unzip c07212007.cef7081.zip Archive: c07212007.cef7081.zip SecureZIP for z/OS by PKWARE inflating: CEP/CEM7080/PPVBILL/PASS/G0063V00 I used the following command to unzip in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracledev
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep inside the zip file

i have to grep a particular pattern say "meter number" in 100s of zip files file1.zip : : : : file100.zip how to achive this? cat *.zip | grep "meter number" also i dnt want to unzip and then grep it...... hope i made myself clear. thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in piping the file(s) content from zip files

Hi friends I have a zip file 1.zip which contains three text files a.txt b.txt c.txt I want to grep some text(keyword) in those 3 files without extracting all the three files to a local directoryusing the command, unzip -p 1.zip |grep "search text" >result.txt The Output file is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
2 Replies

5. AIX

ZIP multiple files and also specify size of zip file

I have to zip many pdf files and the size of zip file must not exceed 200 MB. When size is more than 200 MB then multiple zip files needs to be created. How we can achieve this in UNIX? I have tried ZIP utility but it takes a lot of time when we add individual pdfs by looping through a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tom007
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zip a file with .zip extension.

Hi, I need to zip a .dat file with .zip extension. I tried using the "zip" command. But shell says. "ksh: zip: not found" Currently I am using gunzip to zip and changing the extension ".gz" to ".zip" as follows. mv $file `echo $file | sed 's/\(.*\.\)gz/\1zip/'` But when I tried... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aeroticman
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zip Multiple files to One .zip file in AIX system

Hi I have a requirement in unix shell where I need to zip multiple files on server to one single .zip file. I dont see zip command in AIX and gzip command not doing completely what I want. One I do .zip file, I should be able to unzip in my local Computer. Here is example what I want... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAMA PULI
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How can we Zip multiple files created on the same date into one single zip file.?

Hi all i am very new to shell scripting and need some help from you to learn 1)i have some log files that gets generated on daily basis example: i have abc_2017_01_30_1.log ,2017_01_30_2.log like wise so i want to zip this 4 logs which are created on same date into one zip folder. 2)Post zipping... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: b.saipriyanka
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can we Zip multiple files created on the same date into one single zip file.?

Hi all i am very new to shell scripting and need some help from you to learn 1)i have some log files that gets generated on daily basis example: i have abc_2017_01_30_1.log ,2017_01_30_2.log like wise so i want to zip this 4 logs which are created on same date into one zip folder. 2)Post zipping... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b.saipriyanka
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Grep a pattern from zip file which has multiple files insdie

Hi Gurus, I got a small requirement in my script to grep a specific pattern in a zip compressed file which has been created with multiple files. Sample File: 20180913.zip $> zipinfo -l 20180913.zip 20180913_file1 20180913_file2 20180913_file3 20180912_file4 20180912_file5... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hi.villinda
1 Replies
DH_COMPRESS(1)							     Debhelper							    DH_COMPRESS(1)

NAME
dh_compress - compress files and fix symlinks in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_compress [debhelperoptions] [-Xitem] [-A] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_compress is a debhelper program that is responsible for compressing the files in package build directories, and makes sure that any symlinks that pointed to the files before they were compressed are updated to point to the new files. By default, dh_compress compresses files that Debian policy mandates should be compressed, namely all files in usr/share/info, usr/share/man, files in usr/share/doc that are larger than 4k in size, (except the copyright file, .html and other web files, image files, and files that appear to be already compressed based on their extensions), and all changelog files. Plus PCF fonts underneath usr/share/fonts/X11/ FILES
debian/package.compress These files are deprecated. If this file exists, the default files are not compressed. Instead, the file is ran as a shell script, and all filenames that the shell script outputs will be compressed. The shell script will be run from inside the package build directory. Note though that using -X is a much better idea in general; you should only use a debian/package.compress file if you really need to. OPTIONS
-Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being compressed. For example, -X.tiff will exclude TIFF files from compression. You may use this option multiple times to build up a list of things to exclude. -A, --all Compress all files specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on. file ... Add these files to the list of files to compress. CONFORMS TO
Debian policy, version 3.0 SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_COMPRESS(1)