Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bootable thumbdrive
Special Forums Hardware Bootable thumbdrive Post 302659423 by GQiang on Thursday 21st of June 2012 12:57:14 AM
Old 06-21-2012
Hi Cornona

thank for the reply, i using gparted for the partitioning, i believe i cannot reorder the partitions (maybe is i too noob). Can i do it with fdisk? i'm not good with fdisk can you guide me to it?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bootable CD

Hi, I need to be able to make a back bootable CD for Solaris 7 + software on the system. As stated the CD needs to be a bootable one, I know it will more then likely have to be more then 1 CD and I don't mind. What would be a good program to do this? Also the best way to go about doing it.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: merlin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bootable CD

Hey all, I'm trying to make a backup bootable CD of a solaris 7 machine. I have no idea where to start so I did alot a reading :-) Even though I've done alot of reading I still don't know what is the best way of going about it all. What I am after as a finished result is a bootable CD... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: merlin
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

bootable cd

how can i create a bootable cd? i have the .iso thingy, and now i only need to put it on the cd, but do i need something special to do it w/? or just burn it right onto the cd? Ive already set cd to 1st in bios. thanx anyways (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thenewestuser
1 Replies

4. SuSE

CD Bootable OS

Hi, I want to create a CD that is bootable containing a working Linux OS ie OS runs from CD and not harddrive. Will probably install Linux to a 650GB partition , including all the bits I need. How would I then use this partition to create a working CD? Ideas and Web sites with info very... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdr011
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't detect usb thumbdrive anymore

hey everyone! i have a Solaris 8 box with me, and i had been using my usb thrumbdrive on it all the time. one day, i was in a rush and i pulled out the thumbdrive without ejecting it or anything. and now i can't detect any thumbdrives at all. i had tried using another thumbdrive, but with no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: feef
2 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Make non-bootable scsi drive, bootable

In our HP/Unix system, our master scsi drive was bootable and our mirrored drive was non-bootable. Are any of these alternatives possible: 1) Make the non-bootable scsi drive bootable? How? 2) Create a bootable scsi drive, then copy the mirrored data to the newly created scsi drive? I seek... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bfisk
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting a ThumbDrive

When I try to mount a thumb drive on a Monta Vista Linux 3.1 Embedded System I get an Error. When I plug in the USB Drive I get this message: # hub.c: new USB device CYEZ-Host-1, assigned address 2 scsi0 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices Vendor: Memorex Model: Mini TravelDrive... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NewLinuxUser33
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

rdiff-backup using escape codes on vfat thumbdrive

I thought it may be nice to use rdiff-backup to backup my websites to a thumb drive. But all the capital letters are substituted with octal escape codes. How can I over come this? There are no issues backing up to another ext3 drive. The source drive is ext3 the thumb drive is vfat mounted... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikemc
0 Replies

9. Solaris

unable to use thumbdrive in Solaris 10

hi friends, i had this problem in a Solaris 10 server when i inserted my thumbdrive, i can't find the device file containing usb. what should i do ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Exposure
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Ubuntu on bootable thumbdrive

I have created a bootable thumbdrive containing Ubuntu 10.04. It works fine, but has one minor issue. When I boot a system, it writes a new fstab relevant to that system. That fstab persists, so that if I boot another system the "old" fstab is read and the O/S tries to mount filesystems that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stumpyuk
3 Replies
PVRESIZE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       PVRESIZE(8)

NAME
pvresize - resize a disk or partition in use by LVM2 SYNOPSIS
pvresize [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] [--setphysicalvolumesizesize] PhysicalVolume [PhysicalVolume...] DESCRIPTION
pvresize resizes PhysicalVolume which may already be in a volume group and have active logical volumes allocated on it. OPTIONS
See lvm(8) for common options. --setphysicalvolumesize size Overrides the automatically-detected size of the PV. Use with care, or prior to reducing the physical size of the device. EXAMPLES
Expand the PV on /dev/sda1 after enlarging the partition with fdisk: pvresize /dev/sda1 Shrink the PV on /dev/sda1 prior to shrinking the partition with fdisk (ensure that the PV size is appropriate for your intended new parti- tion size): pvresize --setphysicalvolumesize 40G /dev/sda1 RESTRICTIONS
pvresize will refuse to shrink PhysicalVolume if it has allocated extents after where its new end would be. In the future, it should relo- cate these elsewhere in the volume group if there is sufficient free space, like pvmove does. pvresize won't currently work correctly on LVM1 volumes or PVs with extra metadata areas. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), pvmove(8), lvresize(8), fdisk(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.67(2) (2010-06-04) PVRESIZE(8)