Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help me to remove junk char
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Help me to remove junk char Post 302659357 by Siddartha on Wednesday 20th of June 2012 06:51:08 PM
Old 06-20-2012
Help me to remove junk char

I wanted to remove junk char in my csv. Smilie

Input file format:

"17","9986782190","0","D","2"
"17","9900918331","0","D","2"
"13","9986782194","0","A","2"

Output file format

And one more thing all the time "13"," this will be different Ex: ["2"," "123","] .

Last edited by methyl; 06-20-2012 at 08:18 PM.. Reason: spellcheck

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove junk (^Ò) character while FTPing

Hi All, I have been trying to FTP some data files from Windows directory to a UNIX server. The txt file in the windows contails the following data: "111~XYZ~1~Contact person’s phone number~COMMENTS~~~~" but the same line is appearing as "111~XYZ~1~Contact person^Òs phone number~COMMENTS~~~~"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkumbhakarna
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

is is possible remove junk chars from the strings?

Hello friendz, dfl;g435hkd.fg ..this is what I am getting. I want to print strings without junk chars. I want to exactly like this... dflg435hkd.fg ...need some specific operators also. for example, dot or comma should allow. plz help me out ya! ~Balan:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balan_mca
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove all JUNK character from file.

Hi Team, I have a file having size greater than 1 GB. What i want to do is to check if it contains any JUNK character (ie any special charater thats not on the key board stroke). This file has 532 column & seperated with ^~^. I have found some solution from the file, but it is for a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to seach junk or special char in vi edit

Hi, I have text file which is genrated by some external system(not sure of what is the edirot used) I copied to my Solaris machine and did vi found some strange text like below in one line. Ren\351 Erich I wanted to find all places that contain \351, in vi I am unable search unsing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: McLan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove junk characters using Perl

Guys, can you help me in removing the junk character "^S" from the below line using perl Reference Data Not Recognised ^S Where a value is provided by the consuming system, which is not reco Thanks, M.Mohan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan_xunil
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove JUNK characters (FROM�)

Hi I have to remove the junk characters from my file. Please help.. File content : CURITY_CODE_GSD) FROM� DL_CB_SOD_EOD_VALUATION WHERE� ASOF (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arukuku
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove all junk characters from a text file

I am using flatfile, in that flat file we are getting the junk chars 1)I21001f<82>^Me<85>!h49 Service Charge 2) I21001f‚ e...!h49 Service Charge please tell me how to remove all junk chars in unix scripts. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Talari
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove untagged and junk data from an XML

Hi All , I have seen a lot of code samples which suggest how to remove the junk data from and XML , I need a code in unix which removes the junk characters as well as the valid characters those are not in XML tags , for example my XML is as follows : <?xml version="1.0"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: IshuGupta
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to replace and remove few junk characters from a specific field?

I would like to remove all characters starting with "%" and ending with ")" in the 4th field - please help!! 1412007819.864 /device/services/heartbeatxx 204 0.547%!i(int=0) 0.434 0.112 1412007819.866 /device/services/heartbeatxx 204 0.547%!i(int=1) 0.423 0.123... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: snemuk14
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need to remove Junk characters

Hi All, I have a issue that we are getting Junk characters from source and i am not able to load that records to Database. Line breakers Junk Characters (Â and different every time) Japanese Characters Every time I am using grep command and awk -F "\007" to find them and delete that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spradeep86
1 Replies
set_color(1)                                                           fish                                                           set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)